Roe v. Wade getting overturned!!

3100 posts later and we understand why there is no compromise on this issue…
And that’s why it should be left up to the states. The liberal states can allow their barbaric practices, and the conservative states will have compassionate restrictions.

I would have to look it it up to be sure but I think some were cleared based on corrupted evidence or bad witness identifications and exoneration was based on that coming to light.

I could support a death penalty if it was just and equally applied to the worst of the worst only, with DNA evidence. It is far from equal though.

Well, the execution I attended, there wasn't DNA evidence that I'm aware of. However, there were fingerprints all over the scene, his excuses were laughable, he confessed after he was convicted, and he himself waived his appeals and chose to be executed over life in prison.

Shouldn't what be applied to all outpatient medical procedures? I'm not following this particular leap.
I don’t understand what she’s driving at either, unless she means that people should have to go out of state for all sorts of medical procedures.

What she’s not allowing for is that we are talking about a highly controversial procedure - abortion - and applying the normal actions involved with, say, macular generation (eye disease).

Well, the execution I attended, there wasn't DNA evidence that I'm aware of. However, there were fingerprints all over the scene, his excuses were laughable, he confessed after he was convicted, and he himself waived his appeals and chose to be executed over life in prison.
A good one for an execution is the black racist who mowed down 50 White people, killing six, including an 8-year-old. If a White man mowed down a parade of Black people, killing half a dozen, it would still be on the nightly news, his trial would be televised, and libs would be outside the Courthouse, calling for his execution.

... It's my body and my choice right? If I want to smash my face into my car windshield or bounce my skull down the asphalt without a helmet on why is it any business of anyone else let alone the states?
You seem willing and eager to make the public pay for your self-indulgence. If you fantasize that you will be allowed to exsanguinate as another roadside attraction, that is not how a civilized society treats self-destructive citizens.

Perhaps, since it is not a male right that is likely to be revoked after half-a-century in retrogressive states, it would be more fitting if only those being deprived of their freedom - women - decide the matter, free of statist coercion.

You seem willing and eager to make the public pay for your self-indulgence. If you fantasize that you will be allowed to exsanguinate as another roadside attraction, that is not how a civilized society treats self-destructive citizens.

Perhaps, since it is not a male right that is likely to be revoked after half-a-century in retrogressive states, it would be more fitting if only those being deprived of their freedom - women - decide the matter, free of statist coercion.
The left trying to argue against statism is laughable.

Yes, and since you’re a male….stay out of it.

What about the baby that is developing as a healthy child in the host mother's womb ?
Over 99% of women, free of authoritarian coercion, opt to terminate their pregnancies for whatever personal reasons are compelling, during the earliest stages, before a viable fetus has developed.

Statists now eager to arrogate that established personal freedom to their politicians and bureaucrats confront progress in which private, medical abortions now account for most in the U.S., and are increasing.

Will the repressive jurisdictions interdict private mail and hack into secure internet communications?

Yes, and since you’re a male….stay out of it.
I'm happy to prohibit the male-run state apparatus from arrogating the freedom of women.

The State seizing control of wombs - as happens in Iran, Egypt, Honduras, and El Salvador - runs counter to the progress achieved throughout advanced democracies.

Over 99% of women, free of authoritarian coercion, opt to terminate their pregnancies for whatever personal reasons are compelling, during the earliest stages, before a viable fetus has developed.

Statists now eager to arrogate that established personal freedom to their politicians and bureaucrats confront progress in which private, medical abortions now account for most in the U.S., and are increasing.

Will the repressive jurisdictions interdict private mail and hack into secure internet communications?
So if the SCOTUS is going to violate the Constitution anyway, by refusing to return the decision to the states, how about we have some compassionate law in place (again, noting the SCOTUS isn’t supposed to make law) that abortion is legal up to 12 weeks? (Exceptions made for mother’s life.)

Almost everyone knows they’re pregnant by 4 or 5 weeks. Give it another week, and say by week 6, you’ll know. That still gives the “non-mother” six full weeks to schedule and obtain an abortion.

In fact, I’d say 10 weeks. That still gives the non-mother a full month to schedule the appointment, and carry it out.

I'm happy to prohibit the male-run state apparatus from arrogating the freedom of women.

The State seizing control of wombs - as happens in Iran, Egypt, Honduras, and El Salvador - runs counter to the progress achieved throughout advanced democracies.
That’s why we don’t think the State (federal) should issue blanket laws for everyone. Leave it up to the individual states, as our Founders intended.

Also laughable is that the leftist is expressing displeasure with making the public pay for others’ self-indulgence, but what is a PP provided abortion?

And don’t give me it doesn’t come from federal funds. Money is fungible.
Your ideological fanaticism has no impact upon the reality that most Americans support Roe v Wade, established precedent of 50 years, and oppose an activist court depriving American women of their freedom to make personal, informed decisions in such a private matter, and arrogating control to your state bureaucracy.

Your ideological fanaticism has no impact upon the reality that most Americans support Roe v Wade, established precedent of 50 years, and oppose an activist court depriving American women of theit freedom to make personal, informed decisions in such a private matter, and arrogating control to your state bureaucracy.
Precedent of 50 years is meaningless if it is judged that the 73 ruling was in violation of states’ rights. And what about the 200 years before that?

And the right to privacy is not without restriction. If I want to sneak into my neighbor’s house and steal something, is that my private decision?

The left have made it clear.............they don't negotiate or compromise.
That "left" that festers in your noggin notwithstanding, most Americans support the established compromise precedent of Roe v Wade, and oppose the rabid statism whereby politicians seize control of a personal freedom.

That "left" that festers in your noggin notwithstanding, most Americans support the established compromise precedent of Roe v Wade, and oppose the rabid statism whereby politicians seize control of a personal freedom.
No they don't . That is evident by the laws in this country where half have laws and half do not.

This country has always been split on this.

No they don't . That is evident by the laws in this country where half have laws and half do not.

This country has always been split on this.
Yes. The Left always like to pretend that those who disagree with them are outliers (which is also why they censor dissenting opinions), but the fact is it’s almost evenly split.

Forum List

Back