Roe v. Wade will be overturned soon, and then abortion will be outlawed in most states...

My issue is the balance between the right of the State to dictate to people vs. the right of people in general, born or unborn.

To me while abortion is abhorrent, banning it outright is a bridge I don't want to cross. My issue is Roe is horrible law, and States should be able to decide themselves based on our Constitution. I personally wouldn't vote to ban abortion, but to limit elective abortions to a certain time period.

To me the balance over "elective" abortions is viability. If you can figure it out by then, you are "pot committed" as the poker term goes.

So, is it fair to say that as far as you are concerned, a childs rights shouldn't begin when their life does but instead, their rights should not begin until they live long enough and develop past the arbitrarily decided point that you call "viability?"

Is that right?

I am saying that a line has to be drawn somewhere, and that's where I draw the line. Others may draw the line elsewhere.

Never the less, you are in fact saying that (to you) a child is not a child / person until they live long enough and develop past that point. . . After which YOU won't deny them any longer.

Is that a fair summary of your position?

Come on Marty. Don't leave me hanging here.

Yes Chuz it's called viability. And science verifies that a developing fetus is not viable until 22-24 weeks.
You should really cite a source not just say that something called "science" backs up what you say.

Do your own homework Blackroot.

Interesting.

Do you agree that children have a Constitutional right to the equal protections of our laws?

Can you explain why it is that you feel those rights should not begin when their lives do?

My issue is the balance between the right of the State to dictate to people vs. the right of people in general, born or unborn.

To me while abortion is abhorrent, banning it outright is a bridge I don't want to cross. My issue is Roe is horrible law, and States should be able to decide themselves based on our Constitution. I personally wouldn't vote to ban abortion, but to limit elective abortions to a certain time period.

To me the balance over "elective" abortions is viability. If you can figure it out by then, you are "pot committed" as the poker term goes.

So, is it fair to say that as far as you are concerned, a childs rights shouldn't begin when their life does but instead, their rights should not begin until they live long enough and develop past the arbitrarily decided point that you call "viability?"

Is that right?

I am saying that a line has to be drawn somewhere, and that's where I draw the line. Others may draw the line elsewhere.

Never the less, you are in fact saying that (to you) a child is not a child / person until they live long enough and develop past that point. . . After which YOU won't deny them any longer.

Yes Chuz it's called viability. And science verifies that a developing fetus is not viable until 22-24 weeks.

The word Viability does not define what the child IS.
(AGAIN SEE FETAL HOMICIDE LAWS)

Viability only defines the child's physical condition. . . AND, it (viability) is relative. It is not fixed or static.

For example, if a child in the zygote stage of their life is not "viable" it will not live into the embryonic stage of his or her life.

The child is "viable" throughout the pregnancy. If it weren't, it would already be dead.

This is a perfect example of RW thinking. If abortions are made to be illegal, the end result is that some doctors will go to prison, and women will continue to get abortions from other legal sources. In short, nothing is solved, but simplistic reasoning works for the RW.

As compelling as that argument might otherwise be, I can't sit quietly and abide by the denial of the fact that abortions involve a child, ignore the biological facts and ignore the denial of their rights to the protections of our laws.

You can

I can't.

This is a perfect example of RW thinking. If abortions are made to be illegal, the end result is that some doctors will go to prison, and women will continue to get abortions from other legal sources. In short, nothing is solved, but simplistic reasoning works for the RW.
Jefferson Davis made similar arguments defending slavery and all his fellow slaveholders agreed with him.

Slaveholders were psychotic. I think you are too.
Think again. You are the one killing babies, I am the one trying to save them.

Their lives begin at birth. You're taking a matter that occurs in women a lot. Are you going to make women report each month the results of their period. I mean a lot of eggs are fertilized and don't "take" sort of thing. As a matter of fact I think Virginia was passing a law like that.

You skipped a lot of biology classes.

Didn't you.

No, I was hoping that more American's would honor the constitutional right set out by Roe v Wade. It's kinda like the gun restrictions being an issue. Constitutional rights.

If you don't support abortion you legalize all the wrongs committed against women.

Here are Virginia's rules on abortion -- how do they compare to other states?

The SCOTUS is not infallible and it hss been wrong before.

Can we agree that nobody has the right to violate the rights of another person? A Child?

A fertilized egg, a fetus, is not a child. There is no completed infant there. You do not understand the process of gestation.

Jefferson Davis made similar arguments defending slavery and all his fellow slaveholders agreed with him.

Slaveholders were psychotic. I think you are too.
Think again. You are the one killing babies, I am the one trying to save them.

Yes I'm killing babies and your on your conservative high horse. Do something constructive. Be a volunteer to end domestic violence against women. Get more in line with planned parenthood.

Their lives begin at birth. You're taking a matter that occurs in women a lot. Are you going to make women report each month the results of their period. I mean a lot of eggs are fertilized and don't "take" sort of thing. As a matter of fact I think Virginia was passing a law like that.

Didn't you.

No, I was hoping that more American's would honor the constitutional right set out by Roe v Wade. It's kinda like the gun restrictions being an issue. Constitutional rights.

If you don't support abortion you legalize all the wrongs committed against women.

Can we agree that nobody has the right to violate the rights of another person? A Child?

A fertilized egg, a fetus, is not a child. There is no completed infant there. You do not understand the process of gestation.

Do you have a biological father?

No, she is an angel sent from God.

Which has absolutely nothing to do with the thread, or my post.

Didn't you.

Funny (and telling) how you pro abort tardz can't afford to give a straight answer to that question.

As compelling as that argument might otherwise be, I can't sit quietly and abide by the denial of the fact that abortions involve a child, ignore the biological facts and ignore the denial of their rights to the protections of our laws.

You can

I can't.

Well, knock yourself out. Abortions will continue as long as sex exists.

Everything you need to know about abortion in America.

Abortion Surveillance — United States, 2016

So, I don't need to know that an abortion stops a beating heart? Kills a child?. What the Constitution says about equal protections of our laws?

None of it?

Hell Chuz how do you know it stops a heartbeat? Loads of abortions are performed before that stage.

Fetal development: What happens during the 1st trimester?

Funmy kand telling) how you pro abort tardz can't afford to give a straight answer to that question.

what's funmy kand telling

Interesting.

Do you agree that children have a Constitutional right to the equal protections of our laws?

Can you explain why it is that you feel those rights should not begin when their lives do?

Is that right?

This topic matters not as there are some states which still keep abortion legal, so at worst, they can make it more inconvenient.

...it will still be possible to get an abortion in certain states, like New York and California.

Question for pro-aborts: What's your plan for after this happens?

My plan will be to support a Human Life Amendment to the United States Constitution, so that it is recognized that all human beings, from the moment of conception to the moment of natural death, have an inalienable right to life.

There goes your abortion.....:(

Didn't you.

A fetus is not a fertilized egg, that is an embryo. Most abortions occur well after a fetus has developed a head, arms, legs and a heart.

Forum List

Back