Rome fell, will we also fall?

...Workers are getting fewer hours because of obamacare.
Yep... and it's happening all over the country... the damned thing is gonna have to go... after January 20, 2017, anyway.
And when it doesn't happen? Then what? Do you realize every single GOP prediction of doom hasn't happened? Why is this time different?

timthumb.php

Doesn't the Democrat party do this with climate change?
I tend to believe NASA and 97% of the worlds scientists over ignorant and uneducated Republicans. Why you don't, I'll never know.

Yep... and it's happening all over the country... the damned thing is gonna have to go... after January 20, 2017, anyway.
And when it doesn't happen? Then what? Do you realize every single GOP prediction of doom hasn't happened? Why is this time different?

timthumb.php

I tend to believe NASA and 97% of the worlds scientists over ignorant and uneducated Republicans. Why you don't, I'll never know.
Ignorant and uneducated Republicans?

Uhhhh... yeah... sure...

Here is what I'm getting at.

I see the logic behind rewarding the productive and not rewarding the unproductive.

I see the value behind an economic system that provides incentives to the entrepreneur who brings life saving technology to market, while providing disincentives to lazy leeches who take far more than they will ever give. I agreed with this logic in junior high, and I still agree with it many decades later. But the talking points have gotten boring because the people who tirelessly repeat them don't seem to add anything enlightening to the conversation.

Which is why I asked for a deeper analysis... so we can start sorting through the complications. For instance...

In a mass consumption society, how do we maintain robust consumer demand inside a low wage-&-low-benefit system? [Obviously, you understand that the low wages are necessary for reducing production costs so as to provide incentives to investors] For my part, I happen to think that while Reaganomics gets economic incentives right (i.e., low taxes and low regulations), it runs into trouble maintaining consumer demand without over-relying on debt. I'm not sure how we solve this and other contradictions, but simply repeating tired talking points doesn't get us anywhere.

Last edited:

timthumb.php

Uhhhh... yeah... sure...
Yea, ignorant and uneducated Republicans. What other kind are there?

timthumb.php

Uhhhh... yeah... sure...
Yea, ignorant and uneducated Republicans. What other kind are there?

The kind that form and run businesses large and small across the entire country? The kind that make more money than you do? Not bad for 'stupid' folk, eh?

We are becoming a plutocracy in which $10 will be considered a decent wage3 in which one can live on, says some idiotic power hungry politicians. And some working class folk vote for those arrogant jerks. $10 is the same as nothing. There is no paycheck for $10 per hour.

We are becoming a plutocracy in which $10 will be considered a decent wage3 in which one can live on, says some idiotic power hungry politicians. And some working class folk vote for those arrogant jerks. $10 is the same as nothing. There is no paycheck for $10 per hour.

No one "lives" on minimum wage. MW is for teens working part time or as a starting point for those with no education or skills. If you make it too high, teens and the unskilled will be on the streets looking for trouble---------------can you say Baltimore and Ferguson?

No one "lives" on minimum wage. MW is for teens working part time or as a starting point for those with no education or skills. If you make it too high, teens and the unskilled will be on the streets looking for trouble---------------can you say Baltimore and Ferguson?

The minimum wage was never intended to be a kid wage.

The minimum wage was never intended to be a kid wage.

Of course it was. What it was never intended to be was a lifetime wage.

Indeed. This nation (as we know it) WILL fall. And sooner, rather than later. Most "empires" fall within a 200-250 year reign. Ours is drawing to a close.

Forum List

Back