Romney caught on tape

Romney didn't bash any of them. He stated how many there are, and he said there would be no point in pandering to people who are dead set for Obama.

And he was right on all counts.
Bull crud...he disparaged them ALL, saying they were all dependent on gvt handouts which is simply a big fat lie.

He said 47% are receiving government aid.. IT'S A FACT. You leftist "gimme mine" groupies own this.. LOL I think it's hilarious you're all screeching and moaning about the truth hitting home now.:eusa_boohoo:

I assume you were vehemently against the Bush Tax cuts, right?

I'm trying to figure out why it matters in this discussion that Annie (is she even in this thread?) has rec'd assistance?

Per usual, the left is just trying to shift the focus of the argument.

Psst...Ravi...this isn't an argument about whether welfare is good or bad. I'm sorry you didn't get the memo. I didn't realize I needed to send one.

I've yet to hear any liberal address Obama's promise to make energy prices, "SKYROCKET" which they have.. and we've seen that people needing assistance with their energy bills have also sky-rocketed. Liberals don't know how to add two plus two.. Why the hell do you think more people need more assistance under this President?? JUST COINCIDENCE???!! The enslavement of the Entitlement nation.. You people are a bunch of ignorant sheep who CHOOSE to remain braindead.

I'll say one thing.

It's now base against base. For reals. I'm afraid that the center will go more towards Obama.

I don't think so. With the horrible economy and Obama's complete failure with foreign policy, I'd give the middle to Romney.

It takes a kool aid drinker to vote for obama with the failures obama has. The center doesn't drink that shit.

I've yet to hear any liberal address Obama's promise to make energy prices, "SKYROCKET" which they have.. and we've seen that people needing assistance with their energy bills have also sky-rocketed. Liberals don't know how to add two plus two.. Why the hell do you think more people need more assistance under this President?? JUST COINCIDENCE???!! The enslavement of the Entitlement nation.. You people are a bunch of ignorant sheep who CHOOSE to remain braindead.

obama-americas-crisis-obama-politics-1342226751.jpg

bull crap....just because they owe no federal income taxes does not mean they are on the federal welfare dole....many just did not earn enough to owe any income taxes....

but they still paid federal gasoline taxes and federal cigarette taxes and federal social security taxes and federal medicare taxes and other federal excise taxes....all of which these taxes are used to pay for the federal budget and reduces the yearly deficits of the federal budget spending.

Being on the federal welfare dole is not the same as being dependent.

But I don't expect you to understand such fine points. You're too busy scrambling to promote lies and establish a tyranny.
really? Okay dearest, then you tell us all what "being dependent" on the gvt means?

She'll never answer. She doesn't know. She'd rather wait for someone else to answer, and then Thank them. This is what people who don't use their brain do.

They're not paying federal income taxes, which I believe is the topic of discussion with regards to taxes? Certainly they're paying social security, unemployments, state, local, etc.. but not federal.
many on the right do not say "income tax" they say they pay no taxes Newby, and in addition to this, income taxes are only 1/3 of the taxes collected to pay for the federal budget. I don't understand this twisting and turning that occurs? Why NOT include what is paid in SS taxes and Medicare taxes when these things are included in all of the federal budget spending that is touted by those on the right...why exclude the tax revenues collected for them while including them in the outlays and spending? It just makes no sense and is only done to twist and turn things so that they are deceiving imo.

and in addition to those taxes collected by the working class to pay for the budget are cigarette taxes and gasoline taxes of which these lower 50% earners pay as well....which goes towards the federal budget....

and then you take all that they purchase from corporations, of which a good portion of the corporate taxes paid are retrieved from....

these people ARE paying federal taxes that contribute to paying for the federal budget.

As said, it is deceiving to take out payroll taxes and these other taxes that they pay while including the cost of social security and the cost of medicare in the budget...in the federal spending...

and in my opinion it is ONLY DONE to deceive...the averalge voter on the right....it's done to infuriate them...it's done as a lie....imo.

Why exclude what's being paid into SS and medicare?? Well, that's simple, because at some point, you're going to take that money right back out of the system when you're retired. SS and medicare were supposed to be separate funds, kept set aside, but we all know that they're not. And how much of what is collected in SS and medicare every day is going right back out the door to support those who are currently collecting because that fund was pillaged?? It would be different if they were paying into it without the promise of getting it back at retirement, but that's not how it's supposed to work. Not only that, you're paying it and receiveing no ROI for your trouble either, which is why the whole SS system needs revamped. When you pay into SS without the benefit of receiving it back later, then you might have a point that it should be counted as part of their tax contribution, but until then it should not.

And as far as coroporations go, you're right, so why does the left want to hurt the poor by raising taxes on corporations only to have them increase the price of their product or service, causing the poor to pay even more for them? Instead they demonize the corporations and try to get the poor suckers that are buying their goods and services to demonize right along with them since most of them are too ignorant to understand they're raising their own costs. It's brilliant when you think of it. :lol:

I don't see the 'deception'? Deception in what regards? The only deception I see is a bunch of elitist, very wealthy leftists that have made their fortunes off of the results of captialism urging those less fortunate to hate those that have succeeded because they only seek to control and use them to t
heir own ends, power and greed.
Twice since I began working , the federal gvt has changed what I was promised in social security and reduced benefits...and they are going to do it again...so what we pay in social security and what we were promised to get, there is no guarantee....same with medicare....there is no guarantee....

(I do agree with you that these funds and the spending on these programs should have been kept separate...but they are NOT separate and they are included in the federal SPENDING that is quoted all the time, and IF THEY ARE GOING to be included in the Federal budget spending, which reflects the budget deficit, then they should be included with what taxes are being collected to pay for this spending....to not include them is deceiving) does anyone at all, ever quote the budget spending without social security and medicare? NEVER.

And, when it comes time for repaying those Social security surplus taxes that were used to mask the deficit the past 30 years, our government is going renege or have to raise income taxes big time to repay them.....so we will see if we really get all the money back in excess SS taxes that we have paid....my bet, is that we won't get the money back in full....or they will devalue the dollar so much that it won't matter....

As far as corporate income taxes that the individual that buys their goods are really paying a good portion of....I can agree with you on that....

and romney said that these people not paying income taxes were government dependent people...what does that mean Newby? When MOST of the people who owe nothing in income taxes, owe nothing because they earned too little to owe anything....about 10k a year or 20k a year if married...and you and I and romney pay no income taxes on that first 10k as well, so these people are not getting away with anything that the wealthiest are not also getting away with or that you and I are not getting away with(for the lack of a better term)....they just owe no taxes based on lower incomes.

sooo, to me, the whole statement that these 47% are gvt dependent is simply one of the biggest gaffs of Romney yet....

Reading is not your strong suit is it?

The issue here is that integrity isn't your strong suit.

What the quote said was that 2/3 of the 47% pay PAYROLL TAXES

Chuckle, no, it sure didn't - and would be absurd.

Which for those with reading issues, means they work for a living

Yep, according to the brainless left, 102 million Americans from the bottom 47% are gainfully employed.

Of course the fact that the BLS estimates that the TOTAL number of people employed in the USA is 96 million, shouldn't bother anyone.

http://www.bls.gov/news.release/pdf/empsit.pdf

Lying fucktard...

Not only they are working for a living, they are paying for a good portion of the federal budget spending that is touted to be too high... left and right.

Yep, every last person in the bottom 47% has a job in the coal mines....

The USA has a population of 330 million. Currently, there are 96 million people who are employed in the nation. This means that only one in three has a job, period. But you want to claim that the bottom 155 million economically ALL WORK...

Y'all are just stupid, seriously.

"There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what. All right -- there are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent on government, who believe that, that they are victims, who believe that government has the responsibility to care for them. Who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing."
Romney continues by saying:
"they will vote for this president no matter what…These are people who pay no income tax. My job is is not to worry about those people. I'll never convince them they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives."

Read more: Romney's closed door comments caught on tape (Includes interview)

Listen to the tape at the link.

LOL!

This ain't playing with the America people the way lefty was hoping, just like the so-called backfire on Romeny's remarks about the Cairo Embassy's statement with the Obama Administration looking more and more foolish and obstructive over the Libyan consulate attack, even with the leftist mainstream media trying to run interference for Obama. Truth is winning out over the big lie, slowly but surely as the riots continue.

Of course, lefties are liars, pathological liars.

CNBC Poll: 75% Agree With Romney's 47% Comments - Katie Pavlich

Video: Romney Holds Presser to Respond to 47 Percent "Controversy" - Guy Benson

NBC News: Obama Administration Not Telling the Truth on Benghazi Security Lapses - Guy Benson

Obviously you don't now that anyone under 18 is considered a minor.

:lmao:

OHMAHAWD - yer sew rite - EVERYONE under 18 has a job....

Yo fucktard. those over 16 might be legally allowed to work, but only about 10% of them do. So of minors, 1/9th could have jobs, but 1/90th do.

You fucktards are desperate, and have the lie machine on 11.

many on the right do not say "income tax" they say they pay no taxes Newby, and in addition to this, income taxes are only 1/3 of the taxes collected to pay for the federal budget. I don't understand this twisting and turning that occurs? Why NOT include what is paid in SS taxes and Medicare taxes when these things are included in all of the federal budget spending that is touted by those on the right...why exclude the tax revenues collected for them while including them in the outlays and spending? It just makes no sense and is only done to twist and turn things so that they are deceiving imo.

and in addition to those taxes collected by the working class to pay for the budget are cigarette taxes and gasoline taxes of which these lower 50% earners pay as well....which goes towards the federal budget....

and then you take all that they purchase from corporations, of which a good portion of the corporate taxes paid are retrieved from....

these people ARE paying federal taxes that contribute to paying for the federal budget.

As said, it is deceiving to take out payroll taxes and these other taxes that they pay while including the cost of social security and the cost of medicare in the budget...in the federal spending...

and in my opinion it is ONLY DONE to deceive...the averalge voter on the right....it's done to infuriate them...it's done as a lie....imo.

Why exclude what's being paid into SS and medicare?? Well, that's simple, because at some point, you're going to take that money right back out of the system when you're retired. SS and medicare were supposed to be separate funds, kept set aside, but we all know that they're not. And how much of what is collected in SS and medicare every day is going right back out the door to support those who are currently collecting because that fund was pillaged?? It would be different if they were paying into it without the promise of getting it back at retirement, but that's not how it's supposed to work. Not only that, you're paying it and receiveing no ROI for your trouble either, which is why the whole SS system needs revamped. When you pay into SS without the benefit of receiving it back later, then you might have a point that it should be counted as part of their tax contribution, but until then it should not.

And as far as coroporations go, you're right, so why does the left want to hurt the poor by raising taxes on corporations only to have them increase the price of their product or service, causing the poor to pay even more for them? Instead they demonize the corporations and try to get the poor suckers that are buying their goods and services to demonize right along with them since most of them are too ignorant to understand they're raising their own costs. It's brilliant when you think of it. :lol:

I don't see the 'deception'? Deception in what regards? The only deception I see is a bunch of elitist, very wealthy leftists that have made their fortunes off of the results of captialism urging those less fortunate to hate those that have succeeded because they only seek to control and use them to t
heir own ends, power and greed.
Twice since I began working , the federal gvt has changed what I was promised in social security and reduced benefits...and they are going to do it again...so what we pay in social security and what we were promised to get, there is no guarantee....same with medicare....there is no guarantee....

(I do agree with you that these funds and the spending on these programs should have been kept separate...but they are NOT separate and they are included in the federal SPENDING that is quoted all the time, and IF THEY ARE GOING to be included in the Federal budget spending, which reflects the budget deficit, then they should be included with what taxes are being collected to pay for this spending....to not include them is deceiving) does anyone at all, ever quote the budget spending without social security and medicare? NEVER.

And, when it comes time for repaying those Social security surplus taxes that were used to mask the deficit the past 30 years, our government is going renege or have to raise income taxes big time to repay them.....so we will see if we really get all the money back in excess SS taxes that we have paid....my bet, is that we won't get the money back in full....or they will devalue the dollar so much that it won't matter....

As far as corporate income taxes that the individual that buys their goods are really paying a good portion of....I can agree with you on that....

and romney said that these people not paying income taxes were government dependent people...what does that mean Newby? When MOST of the people who owe nothing in income taxes, owe nothing because they earned too little to owe anything....about 10k a year or 20k a year if married...and you and I and romney pay no income taxes on that first 10k as well, so these people are not getting away with anything that the wealthiest are not also getting away with or that you and I are not getting away with(for the lack of a better term)....they just owe no taxes based on lower incomes.

sooo, to me, the whole statement that these 47% are gvt dependent is simply one of the biggest gaffs of Romney yet....

Well, I still don't understand who you're talking about that quotes the budget spending without social security and medicare, and what it's really buying them to leave it out?

And that's why I do not trust the federal government, and why I do not think they are the answer. We need to make it smaller and depend less on it, not give it more control over our lives, which is where the democrat party is headed full steam. I will be lucky to collect anything that I've paid into it, I would much rather opt out and invest my money as I see fit for my retirement. But, that doesn't give them power and control over me, does it? Government is not your friend.

People making much more than 10-20 thousand a year are not pay taxes as well. My sister and her husband make well in excess of that and they get back MORE every year than what they even paid in. It's called using government to secure a voting block, and it's not right.

Sure they are. There are plenty of poor idiots or people living off of government checks on this site alone who plan to vote for him.

Warrior
Stephanie
Two Thumbs
Lovebear
etc....
And kgrill. I believe Annie has also admitted to getting government handouts in the past.

Oh the list goes on. Sniper is on unemployment, Willow is on Medicare, etc.....89% of them may be an understatement.
Awesome! Mitt plans to cut both unemployment and Medicare.

Talk about people voting against their own best interests. :D

And after the 700+ billion dollar Medicare you Obamabots have already leveled, it will have to be a really BIG cut to make the news.

If we get rid of Obamacare we can pour money back into Medicare.

That will freak out the Progressive Death Cultists. They want those inconvenient old and disabled folks to DIE ALREADY.

And kgrill. I believe Annie has also admitted to getting government handouts in the past.

Oh the list goes on. Sniper is on unemployment, Willow is on Medicare, etc.....89% of them may be an understatement.
Awesome! Mitt plans to cut both unemployment and Medicare.

Talk about people voting against their own best interests. :D

Unemployment is a safety net not meant to be dependent on to maintain a lifestyle.

Liberals are fucked up. Romney said nothing that isn't true. The leeches and professional welfare recipients (the ones that DO NOT deserve what they get from Uncle Sam) will never vote for anybody except Democrats. Why should Romney worry about getting their votes? That does not mean that he will cut them out of welfare programs when he gets in office.

You liberals are really a fucked up bunch of children.

Forum List

Back