Romney's Bain Lie

Yeah, he was.

He was what, fucking clueless as to what the company that he created was doing for 3 years? NOT the markings of a prudent businessman.....but hey, if you don't give a damn as to HOW the money is made then it's cool...American employees be damned, right SiModo?

Now, not only why is Obama keeping a journalist quiet in a Yemeni prison, but why does the ACLU have to sue the administration for information about why Obama violated the Constitutional rights of three (that we know of) US citizens and killed them? What is he hiding about Fast and Furious that caused the death of two US agents?

Translation: another neocon/teabagger flunkie can't deal with the FACTS regarding the empty suit the GOP is using to defeat Obama...so SiModo regurgitates a collection of Rove/Norquist distorted/hyped talking points fresh off of Drudge's hot sheet to distract from his folly....SiModo fails.

Lots of folks dying and being imprisoned around Obama, too many of them.

SiModo loves to parrot accusations that can't be proven beyond Newsbusters and the Washington Times. Note SiModo can't deal with the FACTS regarding Romney's latest BS.

What is Obama hiding? What is he afraid of?

The thread is about Romney's BS regarding BAIN, genius. Deal with that first, THEN you can start (yet another) anti-Obama thread with all the right wing-nut websites, bloggers and pundits as your source material.

The ACLU is now a right wing website?

:lmao:

I worry about the violations of the Supreme Law of the Land before I worry about the temper tantrums of hacks:
Killing of Al-Awlaki: Even When Trying to Fight Terrorism, the President Must Still Follow the Constitution
By Josh Bell, ACLU at 4:34pm

The debate over the U.S. government's targeted killing of Anwar Al-Awlaki continued this week. ACLU Deputy Legal Director Jameel Jaffer took on former Bush lawyer (and torture memo writer) John Yoo on Southern California Public Radio’s AirTalk (listen here), and also explored the issue on CBC's The Current (listen here).

Much of the debate thus far has focused on Al-Awlaki. But we should be thinking about not only the people the government killed last week, but the power that’s being claimed by the president – and the administration has not said nearly enough about the power President Obama is claiming. No one is asking for the government to reveal confidential sources or intelligence-gathering methods – but why can't it even explain its legal justification for essentially executing an American?

Reuters reported on the process, revealing virtually all that's known about it:
American militants like Anwar al-Awlaki are placed on a kill or capture list by a secretive panel of senior government officials, which then informs the president of its decisions, according to officials.

There is no public record of the operations or decisions of the panel, which is a subset of the White House's National Security Council, several current and former officials said. Neither is there any law establishing its existence or setting out the rules by which it is supposed to operate.​

.... But what it does show is the other disturbing aspect of what happened: the executive branch acting without oversight by other branches. The Constitution made the judiciary a co-equal branch of government so that there would be a check against overreach by the political branches. ....​

Killing of Al-Awlaki: Even When Trying to Fight Terrorism, the President Must Still Follow the Constitution

And what's all that have to do with the FACT that Romney lied about his stewardship regarding Bain Capital's action of outsourcing? Remember, Romney used his position to solidify his citizenship of Massachusetts for his political career. You can't have it both ways. Either Romney knew what was going on or he's a careless CEO who let's his company run rampant while he pursues his personal power trip of politics....neither bodes well for him as a Presidential candidate.

Romney committed Medicare fraud at Bain.

Romney stole pension money at Bain.

Romney used borrowed money to buy companies, steal their capital, and bankrupt them at Bain.

Romney is a liar and a thief.

I just caught a CBS playback of an interview with Mitten's saying with a straight face that he had nothing to do with Bain during the years he was off with the Olympics.

Hmmm, so the businessman who claims he knows how to get America back to work was THREE YEARS totally ignorant as to the workings of the company that he created AND WAS STILL CEO OF?

Give me a fucking break, will ya please?

He was on a leave of absence to run the Olympics and other executives were handling the day-to-day business...

GST Steel...KB Toys...........BFD! :lol: Newsflash: Capitalists capitalize!

You guys are playing right into Mitt's hand, you realize...?

FYI for ya, Valerie: NO businessman is incommunicado with the goings on of a company he created, to which is listed as the CEO and chairman of the board. Whether on vacation or leave of absence, he gets reports. So either Mitt didn't give a damn how the money was made or he damn sure knew how and approved it. Not the rep you want for a guy who is using his business accumen as a selling point to be President.

Also, you may want to know that he was called into the Olympics to save them from the financial corruption that was afoot...Mittens did this with FEDERAL FUNDS! That's right snook'ums, your tax dollars made that Olympics possible....do the research if you don't believe me.

If this is the hand Mittens want's us to play to, then he's going to lose that poker game big time!

The thread is about Romney's BS regarding BAIN, genius. Deal with that first, THEN you can start (yet another) anti-Obama thread with all the right wing-nut websites, bloggers and pundits as your source material.

The ACLU is now a right wing website?

:lmao:

I worry about the violations of the Supreme Law of the Land before I worry about the temper tantrums of hacks:
By Josh Bell, ACLU at 4:34pm

The debate over the U.S. government's targeted killing of Anwar Al-Awlaki continued this week. ACLU Deputy Legal Director Jameel Jaffer took on former Bush lawyer (and torture memo writer) John Yoo on Southern California Public Radio’s AirTalk (listen here), and also explored the issue on CBC's The Current (listen here).

Much of the debate thus far has focused on Al-Awlaki. But we should be thinking about not only the people the government killed last week, but the power that’s being claimed by the president – and the administration has not said nearly enough about the power President Obama is claiming. No one is asking for the government to reveal confidential sources or intelligence-gathering methods – but why can't it even explain its legal justification for essentially executing an American?

Reuters reported on the process, revealing virtually all that's known about it:
American militants like Anwar al-Awlaki are placed on a kill or capture list by a secretive panel of senior government officials, which then informs the president of its decisions, according to officials.

There is no public record of the operations or decisions of the panel, which is a subset of the White House's National Security Council, several current and former officials said. Neither is there any law establishing its existence or setting out the rules by which it is supposed to operate.​

.... But what it does show is the other disturbing aspect of what happened: the executive branch acting without oversight by other branches. The Constitution made the judiciary a co-equal branch of government so that there would be a check against overreach by the political branches. ....​

And what's all that have to do with the FACT that Romney lied about his stewardship regarding Bain Capital's action of outsourcing? Remember, Romney used his position to solidify his citizenship of Massachusetts for his political career. You can't have it both ways. Either Romney knew what was going on or he's a careless CEO who let's his company run rampant while he pursues his personal power trip of politics....neither bodes well for him as a Presidential candidate.
Or, one can have it NEITHER way. Which is what it is.

Now, am I going to be concerned about that or about the POTUS summarily executing US citizens without judicial balance?

Ohhh, that's a no brainer.

I just caught a CBS playback of an interview with Mitten's saying with a straight face that he had nothing to do with Bain during the years he was off with the Olympics.

Hmmm, so the businessman who claims he knows how to get America back to work was THREE YEARS totally ignorant as to the workings of the company that he created AND WAS STILL CEO OF?

He was on a leave of absence to run the Olympics and other executives were handling the day-to-day business...

FYI for ya, Valerie: NO businessman is incommunicado with the goings on of a company he created, to which is listed as the CEO and chairman of the board. Whether on vacation or leave of absence, he gets reports. So either Mitt didn't give a damn how the money was made or he damn sure knew how and approved it. Not the rep you want for a guy who is using his business accumen as a selling point to be President.

Also, you may want to know that he was called into the Olympics to save them from the financial corruption that was afoot...Mittens did this with FEDERAL FUNDS! That's right snook'ums, your tax dollars made that Olympics possible....do the research if you don't believe me.

If this is the hand Mittens want's us to play to, then he's going to lose that poker game big time!

FYI, liberal knows no tai chi.

That is because he was on a leave of absence from Bain during that time does no one know what a leave of absence is.

Oh give me a fucking break with that ignorant BS you just parroted, Blackhawk!

I worked for a small investment boutique for 6 years.....we dealt with clients of multi-million dollar corporations. Whether on vacation, sabbatical, leave of absence or whatever, they would get various reports Fedexed to them periodically. No way in hell the owner, founder, CEO, Chairman of the board is going to be clueless as to how his baby is making the bucks for 3 years....unless he didn't give a damn so long as the bucks kept coming in. Mittens is a lawyer and an MBA!

C'mon man, THINK IT THROUGH and stop stubbornly defending people who wouldn't piss in your direction if you're not serving them.

He's not required to be clueless, is he?

I thought the threshold was the "day-to-day operations."

Why you guys keep moving the goalposts?

I don't even LIKE Romney, but this shit is getting ridiculous.

Every Olympic has federal funds involved.
It's how the money is managed that counts.

Romney was the sole owner of Bain Capital until 2002.

100%.

So what? He had partners running it while he was in Utah for the Olympics.

Big time DEMOCRAT partners.

Obama supporters.

Even THEY back up Romney's statements.

You got nothin'...

Romney was the sole owner of Bain Capital until 2002.

100%.

So what? He had partners running it while he was in Utah for the Olympics.

Big time DEMOCRAT partners.

Obama supporters.

Even THEY back up Romney's statements.

You got nothin'...

Romney wasn't the sole owner of Bain.
The SEC report clearly outlines that Romney was the sole owner of ONE, 1, uno company that was under Bain control.

1,000+ posts, huh?

Why is it so important to Mitt and some of his supporters to downplay his connection with the super, awesome, job creating factory?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/13/mitt-romney-bain-sec_n_1671819.

Mitt Romney's Signature Appears On Bain SEC Filings During Time He Said He Left Bain

WASHINGTON -- Between 1999 and 2001, Mitt Romney, then the CEO of Bain Capital, signed at least six documents that the private equity firm filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission. The documents run in direct contradiction to a claim that Romney has made repeatedly: that he had nothing to do with Bain, and therefore no responsibility for Bain investments, during that period.

It's also a claim he made in August 2011 on the federal disclosure form he filed as part of his presidential bid. Romney didn't leave any wiggle room: "Mr. Romney retired from Bain Capital on February 11, 1999 to head the Salt Lake Organizing Committee [for the 2002 Winter Olympics]. Since February 11, 1999, Mr. Romney has not had any active role with any Bain Capital entity and has not been involved in the operations of any Bain Capital entity in any way
<more>

Seems for the democrat partisans, even sources like WaPo and Fortune are ignored. One might think they are just in it for spin? Or are out and out liars.

Seems for the democrat partisans, even sources like WaPo and Fortune are ignored. One might think they are just in it for spin? Or are out and out liars.

They aren't partisans anymore, they are conspiracy nuts. Oama could come out tomorrow and say that Romney was not in charge of Bain and they will insist he is being controlled by space aliens or something.

What We Know About Romney and Bain, Explained

In an interview with local DC ABC affiliate WJLA, President Barack Obama says Romney should have to answer questions about his tenure at Bain:

Ultimately Mr. Romney, I think, is going to have to answer those questions, because if he aspires to being president one of the things you learn is, you are ultimately responsible for the conduct of your operations, but again that's probably a question that he's going to have to answer and I think that's a legitimate part of the campaign.

Now, my understanding is that Mr. Romney attested to the SEC, multiple times, that he was the chairman, CEO and president of Bain Capital and I think most Americans figure if you are the chairman, CEO and president of a company that you are responsible for what that company does.

I guess the ownership society has nobody home? :laugh2:

Last edited:
I find this whole thing amusing.

It's kind of like Romney is claiming that he left Bain before they went all crazy and started offshoring and shutting down companies...

Like he had nothing to do with the corporate culture that had been established up until that point, much less the point he was "officially" out of the company.

And this is the real problem with Romney. He only wants to talk about the good stuff. Talk about Bain. Don't talk about Massachusetts. Talk about Staples, not AmPad.

Romney's "Bane" experienice is like John Kerry's Swiftboat thing. The official story looks nice, but the nitty gritty is kind of ugly.

how long was he at Bain before 1999?

Why is that relevent?

Frankly, I think even the good stuff in his Bain record is overrated. He made a lot of money during the 1990's. So what? Wall Street made a shitload of money in the 1990's thanks to clinton's policies. Shooting fish in a barrel or falling off a log would be greater accomplishments.

But then in 2000, things turned to shit, and a lot of companies started laying people off and declaring bankruptcy, and oddly, when Bain closed down GS Steel and KB Toys and helped companies offshore, Romney and his political ambitions were nowhere to be seen.

"UM, yeah. I'll be over here, helping straightening out an Olympics no one is going to watch or care all that much about. Errr.. yeah, you guys have fun with that! Layoffs? Outsourcing? I know Nothink! Nothink!"

sgt_schultz.gif

Well, the poster you quoted is right. Some Mormon must have really hurt you. You have some serious psychological scars - that's the only thing that I think could cause your utter hatred of Mormons.

Years of therapy might help you.

Oh, I don't know, maybe my hate is based on the fact it's a cult started by child molesting Con men (Joseph Smith, Brigham Young.)

I encountered some Mormons in 1983, and yeah, they were pretty fuckin' creepy and the whole thing left me with a lot of disgust. That was before I started researching the batshit crazy stuff they actually believed or how many teenage girls Smith and Young were having sex with.

No therapy needed at all. What you people need is education. If you knew what I knew about LDS, you wouldn't want Romney anywhere near the white house, either.

Last edited:
Joeb you're the lowest of the low. You run around pretending to be impassioned on the issues but all you are is a Mormon hater. At least TDM or Rderp are consistent in their idiocy. You pretend to be one thing then act like something else.

My dislike of Mormons is based on the fact that they are evil and a cult. That's more important to me than stupid arguments of supply siders vs. Keynesians...

Policies aren't that important because at the end of the day, our system pulls them to the center, anyway. But character is.

My problem with Romney is exactly the same problem I had with Bill Clinton. A lack of character.

Now. to expand, I think the GOP is wrong on a lot of stuff. Jeb Bush had it right, it's gone so far off the rails that Reagan and his Father wouldn't be welcome there anymore. But I was willing to consider it one more time, until you nominated Romney.

So really, all Romney's Whacky Cult beleifs are to me is the difference between holding my nose and voting for another clueless loser who can't tell me how many houses he owns (McCain, Dole) and a refusing to vote for an evil cult member with hidden agendas I don't trust.

Forum List

Back