Ron Paul: “Good News” That Secession Is Happening

Yes it is Ron, yes it is... Need to look up my old fire team members.....

Geaux
========================================

Former Republican presidential candidate and congressman Ron Paul says secession is happening and it’s “good news.” Paul later predicted the states would stop listening to federal laws.

“I would like to start off by talking about the subject and the subject is secession and, uh, nullification, the breaking up of government, and the good news is it’s gonna happen. It’s happening,” Paul, the father of potential Republican presidential candidate Rand Paul, told a gathering at the libertarian Mises Institute in late January. The event Paul was speaking at was titled “Breaking Away: The Case for Secession.”

Paul said secession would not be legislated by Congress, but would be de facto, predicting “when conditions break down…there’s gonna be an alternative.”

Ron Paul Good News That Secession Is Happening - BuzzFeed News

"TREASON shall consists only in levying war against the UNITED STATES, or in adhering to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort."

Our Constitution allows for a peaceful transition of power every even year. Anyone who takes up arms against the United States or advocates an armed insurrection is at least culpable of treason.

Think about it.

I have thought about it and support Ron Paul. Our forefathers empowered us and expect you to rise against unlawful government. It is you're civil right

-Geaux

Consider the chaos which would be the result of a single state, or several states attempting to leave The Union? How will those citizens of the state(s) which decide to leave the union react?

Not all citizens will support such an action, and the law is on the side of those who reject Secession and Nullification? Fools seem to hope for a civil war in neighborhoods and cities across America; lethal injection is too good for those bastards.

I suggest anyone who supports the treasonous desire of the OP's author first go to one of our national cemetery's and read the names, dates of birth and death of those who gave their life for the Union.

And those who gave their lives for the Confederacy.

-Geaux

Geaux

Former Republican presidential candidate and congressman Ron Paul says secession is happening and it’s “good news.” Paul later predicted the states would stop listening to federal laws.

“I would like to start off by talking about the subject and the subject is secession and, uh, nullification, the breaking up of government, and the good news is it’s gonna happen. It’s happening,” Paul, the father of potential Republican presidential candidate Rand Paul, told a gathering at the libertarian Mises Institute in late January. The event Paul was speaking at was titled “Breaking Away: The Case for Secession.”

Paul said secession would not be legislated by Congress, but would be de facto, predicting “when conditions break down…there’s gonna be an alternative.”

"TREASON shall consists only in levying war against the UNITED STATES, or in adhering to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort."

Our Constitution allows for a peaceful transition of power every even year. Anyone who takes up arms against the United States or advocates an armed insurrection is at least culpable of treason.

Think about it.

I have thought about it and support Ron Paul. Our forefathers empowered us and expect you to rise against unlawful government. It is you're civil right

-Geaux

Hey, go for it. I do hope they televise your execution. Read the COTUS, that is what you will be attacking. Keep in mind, your actions are illegal, and the COTUS empowers checks and balances in terms of veto and impeachment as well as the rights of the people to replace an unjust government.

Your problem, and Ron Paul's too, is you're extremists and minorities. Not a great place to be in a democracy when your ideas are anathema to the vast majority of patriotic citizens, LE and the military.

Consider the chaos which would be the result of a single state, or several states attempting to leave The Union? How will those citizens of the state(s) which decide to leave the union react?

Not all citizens will support such an action, and the law is on the side of those who reject Secession and Nullification? Fools seem to hope for a civil war in neighborhoods and cities across America; lethal injection is too good for those bastards.

I suggest anyone who supports the treasonous desire of the OP's author first go to one of our national cemetery's and read the names, dates of birth and death of those who gave their life for the Union.

-Geaux

Again I refer you to a history lesson, take a walk around the rolling hills at Gettysburg, and read the markers of those rebels who fell - pay particular attention to their age - many were under 16 at the time of their demise.

Geaux

Think about it.

-Geaux
Snag is 'the government' isn't 'unlawful' until such time as the Supreme Court rules it is.

We're a Nation of laws, and the people of the United States subject solely to the rule of law, not the moronic delusions of libertarians and rightwing partisan hacks.

Delusional.

No, fair and accurate assessment. Indeed, Obama has fundamentally changed America... But guess what?

We'll change her back

-Geaux
Delusional and contagious. Change it back to what? The 1950s?
Ron Paul is a nut job but why must you morons on the left ALWAYS assume or insinuate that all of those on the right want to go back to "the 50s or 40s" and all that entails (racially and gender related)? Is it because you would throw out the baby with that bathwater that you assume they would to? Or is it simple political propaganda? :dunno:
When someone says something like "We will change America back" It naturally begs the question "Back to what"? Somehow their changing things back always sounds like changing it into something it has never been.
Exactly.

This nonsense about 'changing America back' is predicated on an idealized American past that never actually existed to being with.

Geaux

Think about it.

-Geaux

Hey, go for it. I do hope they televise your execution. Read the COTUS, that is what you will be attacking. Keep in mind, your actions are illegal, and the COTUS empowers checks and balances in terms of veto and impeachment as well as the rights of the people to replace an unjust government.

Your problem, and Ron Paul's too, is you're extremists and minorities. Not a great place to be in a democracy when your ideas are anathema to the vast majority of patriotic citizens, LE and the military.

I see, so you're for enforcing all laws?

-Geaux

-Geaux

Again I refer you to a history lesson, take a walk around the rolling hills at Gettysburg, and read the markers of those rebels who fell - pay particular attention to their age - many were under 16 at the time of their demise.

And your point? That's the cost of war

-Geaux

“Whenever any form of government becomes destructive of the ends for which it was established, it is the right of the people to alter or abolish it, and to institute new government ... Whenever any form of government becomes destructive of the ends for which it was established, it is the right of the people to alter or abolish it, and to institute new government.”- The US Constitution

'“I would like to start off by talking about the subject and the subject is secession and, uh, nullification, the breaking up of government, and the good news is it’s gonna happen. It’s happening,” Paul, the father of potential Republican presidential candidate Rand Paul, told a gathering at the libertarian Mises Institute in late January. The event Paul was speaking at was titled “Breaking Away: The Case for Secession.”'

Ignorant nonsense.

Americans are first and foremost citizens of the United States, residents of the states subordinate to that, where their American citizenship may not be taken from them against their will, and they cannot be compelled to leave a state as a 'remedy' to retaining their citizenship should a given jurisdiction elect to 'secede.'

Basically a lost "feeling", nostalgic aspects of a time gone by, a time in our history when the economy was humming along nicely, where most people could count on a job that would take them to retirement.
As for the social aspect if you and they would temporarily drop your "us vs them" stereotyping and generalizing propaganda both of you might actually see what the other sees and comprehend what the other comprehends when making blanket statements like "change back".
So in truth it "begs nothing" in a non adversarial setting.
Well it does at least hint you want to try what was a historical and social period that can't be reproduced?
Depends on one's perspective. Are there a few who would want to go back to the social system we had? Of course there are, do they make up the majority? no, not even close.

When Obama started selectively choosing which laws to enforce he opened a floodgate of potential anarchy. Why is ANY law more important to enforce than any other? Who picks and chooses?

Every law MUST be enforced or all will be challenged eventually

Looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, smells like a duck, shits like a duck... I'm sorry what about this country is not an Authoritarian state?

The authoritarian part. If this were an authoritarian state you wouldn't be expressing your opinions here. You would be in a concentration camp.

Nonsense.

You live in a society where you can say what you please, go where you please and follow whatever dream you please. It is not authoritarian just because you don't get your way. What is nonsense is that you think it is.

Nonsense. I live in a society where my government invades my personal documents without a warrant, a society where my government can kill me for saying what I please. I live in a country that punishes me for following my dreams. It is authoritarian because it forces me to do all sorts of things that it should not.
You poor baby, having to live in a state of security you demanded because you were paranoid about terrorists.
Fuck you scum bag. I never asked for protection from those pansy ass pussies.

-Geaux

And your point? That's the cost of war

-Geaux

That's not the cost of war alone, birdbrain. Everyone of those kids had parents, most of whom never knew what happened to their progeny. Such would never occur to a callous conservative, for it to have would require empathy.

I've walked the Vietnam Memorial Mall in The District twice, both times I was choked up by my emotions reading the names of those 'kids' I knew.

The authoritarian part. If this were an authoritarian state you wouldn't be expressing your opinions here. You would be in a concentration camp.

Nonsense.

You live in a society where you can say what you please, go where you please and follow whatever dream you please. It is not authoritarian just because you don't get your way. What is nonsense is that you think it is.

Nonsense. I live in a society where my government invades my personal documents without a warrant, a society where my government can kill me for saying what I please. I live in a country that punishes me for following my dreams. It is authoritarian because it forces me to do all sorts of things that it should not.
You poor baby, having to live in a state of security you demanded because you were paranoid about terrorists.
No one has ever chosen the country of their birth, If you hate it here so much then GTFO. Freest, safest country on earth and you spoiled brats still bitch even though you supported every step towards police state this country ever took, mostly because liberals opposed it.

“Whenever any form of government becomes destructive of the ends for which it was established, it is the right of the people to alter or abolish it, and to institute new government ... Whenever any form of government becomes destructive of the ends for which it was established, it is the right of the people to alter or abolish it, and to institute new government.”- The US Constitution

BZZZT Wrong!

That is from the Declaration of Independence and is not part of the US Constitution.

Nonsense.

No one has ever chosen the country of their birth, If you hate it here so much then GTFO. Freest, safest country on earth and you spoiled brats still bitch even though you supported every step towards police state this country ever took, mostly because liberals opposed it.
Spoken like a true scum-bag criminal. Pay for the protection and like it or GTFO.

You're a fucking slave and you like it you pansy ass. First you scream nothing's wrong then you admit we are heading to a police state. Make up your mind.

Spoken like a true scum-bag criminal. Pay for the protection and like it or GTFO.

You're a fucking slave and you like it you pansy ass. First you scream nothing's wrong then you admit we are heading to a police state. Make up your mind.
Oh there's lots of stuff wrong, mostly because of conservatives' fearful short-sightedness and now people like you want to play dine-and-dash and skip out on the bill. A decade ago people like you were saying "Please protect us from terrorists Mr. Bush, I will gladly trade my privacy for security." and the classic "If you are doing nothing wrong you have nothing to worry about" while calling people terrorist sympathizers if they opposed domestic surveillance. I remember even if you choose to forget.

It seems you have confused the Constitution for the Declaration of Independence.

Forum List

Back