Ron Paul's Last hurrah

He speaks stupid.

No, he doesn't. On a whole lot of subjects I agree with Contumacious. If not for the JOOOOO hating crap, he would be a sensible Libertarian.

That's why his posts are hard to read. Maybe if you shot yourself through the brain you could understand him better.

I understand him, and have read a lot of the crap that drives his Antisemitism. Difference is, I rejected it. I agree with him on ending the Fed and a whole host of issues.

Actually don't most of us latch one to one or two issues that our friends, associates, etc., even those who mostly share our ideology, cannot or will not embrace? The normally hardcore conservative, for instance, who supports national and international efforts to combat global warming? The mostly ultra liberal who buys into all the concepts promoted by the NRA? The usually practical and reasonable person who is a Truther? I am often perplexed by the really out-of-step attitude held by this person or that person, but I can allow them their quirks too without diminishing their more common sense qualities or without demanding they be wrong or right about everything.

And though even that blind squirrel occasionally finds a nut, that isn't to say that there aren't those on the internet who are mostly morons too. :)

For me Ron Paul is a mixed bag. He has some really great ideas on some things and really bothers me with some others of his ideas.

Last edited:
Actually don't most of us latch one to one or two issues that our friends, associates, etc., even those who mostly share our ideology, cannot or will not embrace? The normally hardcore conservative, for instance, who supports national and international efforts to combat global warming? The mostly ultra liberal who buys into all the concepts promoted by the NRA? The usually practical and reasonable person who is a Truther? I am often perplexed by the really out-of-step attitude held by this person or that person, but I can allow them their quirks too without diminishing their more common sense qualities or without demanding they be wrong or right about everything.

And though even that blind squirrel occasionally finds a nut, that isn't to say that there aren't those on the internet who are mostly morons too. :)

For me Ron Paul is a mixed bag. He has some really great ideas on some things and really bothers me with some others of his ideas.

Tempers flare so easily around here.

I strongly disagree Contumacious on the subject of Jews and the conspiracy crap. But on a whole host of Libertarian issues, I completely agree with him. On most issues, I'm probably more closely in agreement with him than I am with Rabbi. \

I would prefer to consider both of them allies. We have enough trouble with the leftists without fighting among ourselves.

I agreed with Rabbi one time.

But I got better.

I agree with Rabbi on many things. I also disagree with Rabbi on some things. I disagree with you on many things and agree with you on some things. I generally disagree with ALL of you when you are trashing somebody, but I allow that as an inevitable quirk of a message board.

When it comes to Ron Paul, I can't support him as the GOP nominee because the things on which I disagree with him are some pretty important things. Evenso, if he should become the GOP nominee, I would vote for him in a heartbeat on the theory that Congress would block his more dangerous initiatives should he offer them as legislation. I think he would otherwise be very dangerous especially in matters of national security. But I think, with a cooperative Congress, he would do wonders to reverse most of the economic damage Barack Obama has done and would at least get us started back on the road to economic sanity.

I think Paul at least loves and wants the best for America. I am quite convinced that Barack Hussein Obama does not.

Last edited:
The beauty of Ron Paul, whatever his faults may be, is that he takes principles seriously, and in so doing functions as a 'mirror of hypocrisy' on people who lay claim to those principles but don't really have the "courage of their convictions".

What I think is most interesting is that, when taken to their ultimate conclusion, a great many of the stated principles of the tea party conservatives dovetail with stated principles of liberal progressives, ending up the same libertarian place. But of course, neither group really wants to go there.

I agree with dblack, I was actually surprised at the lack of support from the tea party for Ron Paul. I am maybe naive but I figured their conservative stance would jibe with his but when it comes down to it they seem to want the US to keep things as they are but change who is in charge.

I agree with dblack, I was actually surprised at the lack of support from the tea party for Ron Paul. I am maybe naive but I figured their conservative stance would jibe with his but when it comes down to it they seem to want the US to keep things as they are but change who is in charge.

Teh Tea Party is not just fiscally conservative. That is kind of the issue. I'm with Foxfyre: I can get behind Paul on about 70% of what he says. But the other 30% is so objectionable there is no way I could support him.
His fan club doesn't help him much either.

Teh Tea Party is not just fiscally conservative.

Agreed. They were very quickly overrun by Bush supporters looking for a place to hide.

I've spoken with local Tea Partiers. They are about half and half on Ron Paul. The half that is on the outs seems to think they are "Taxed enough already" but also think we can afford a world wide police force.

Teh Tea Party is not just fiscally conservative. That is kind of the issue. I'm with Foxfyre: I can get behind Paul on about 70% of what he says. But the other 30% is so objectionable there is no way I could support him.
His fan club doesn't help him much either.

:eusa_naughty:

Agreed. They were very quickly overrun by Bush supporters looking for a place to hide.

That's one version, anyway.

Iranians love Ron Paul..

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1t4O9CcZQ0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1t4O9CcZQ0[/ame]

Last edited:
:cuckoo:

On the evening of Sept. 16, 2009, I was invited to a function for Rand Paul’s U.S. Senate campaign at the headquarters of Americans for Tax Reform.

I had been invited by a friend of mine via Facebook who was a passionate supporter of Ron Paul. Within minutes of arriving, I saw Rep. Paul enter the room, followed by an entourage of several college students.

» EXCLUSIVE: Ron Paul in 2009–

I immediately walked up to Paul and introduced myself, and Paul smiled at me and shook my hand. I told him that I had always wanted to ask him a question, and that it was a hypothetical question, but I would appreciate his answer nonetheless. Paul smiled, and welcomed the question. At this point there were about 15 people surrounding us, listening.

And so I asked Congressman Paul: if he were President of the United States during World War II, and as president he knew what we now know about the Holocaust, but the Third Reich presented no threat to the U.S., would he have sent American troops to Nazi Germany purely as a moral imperative to save the Jews?

And the Congressman answered:

“No, I wouldn’t. I wouldn’t risk American lives to do that. If someone wants to do that on their own because they want to do that, well, that’s fine, but I wouldn’t do that.”

The Tea Party is made up of modern American conservatives who:
1. Believe in personal liberty defined as unalienable rights as coming from God or being the natural state of humankind rather than being designated by any government.
2. Promote small, efficient, effective government limited to its Constitutional authority.
3. Promote fiscal integrity, sanity, honest stewardship of the people's money, and a balanced budget.

ANYBODY from ANYBODY's camp who embraces those principles is a part of the Tea Party that includes Republicans, Democrats, Independents, and those undeclared politically. And it has NOT been overrun by anybody from anybody's camp, whether Bush & company or anybody else. Certainly there were Bush supporters who embrace Tea Party principles and they are genuine Tea Partiers. Those who embraced or embrace Bush policy that is scorned and criticized by the Tea Party are not part of the Tea Party and will generally find a chilly reception there.

Ron Paul is pretty much on board with most Tea Party principles and therefore has found a great deal of acceptance and favor in that group. He would have total acceptance from the Tea Partiers if it were not for his more troublesome squirrley side.

On the evening of Sept. 16, 2009, I was invited to a function for Rand Paul’s U.S. Senate campaign at the headquarters of Americans for Tax Reform.

I had been invited by a friend of mine via Facebook who was a passionate supporter of Ron Paul. Within minutes of arriving, I saw Rep. Paul enter the room, followed by an entourage of several college students.

I immediately walked up to Paul and introduced myself, and Paul smiled at me and shook my hand. I told him that I had always wanted to ask him a question, and that it was a hypothetical question, but I would appreciate his answer nonetheless. Paul smiled, and welcomed the question. At this point there were about 15 people surrounding us, listening.

And so I asked Congressman Paul: if he were President of the United States during World War II, and as president he knew what we now know about the Holocaust, but the Third Reich presented no threat to the U.S., would he have sent American troops to Nazi Germany purely as a moral imperative to save the Jews?

“No, I wouldn’t. I wouldn’t risk American lives to do that. If someone wants to do that on their own because they want to do that, well, that’s fine, but I wouldn’t do that.”

You find it crazy that a pol would tell the truth, knowing that you won't like what you hear. But, it's ok to either break up companies and put Americans out of work, or be a serial adulterer while impeaching a President for essentially the same conduct? :lame2:

You find it crazy that a pol would tell the truth, knowing that you won't like what you hear. But, it's ok to either break up companies and put Americans out of work, or be a serial adulterer while impeaching a President for essentially the same conduct? :lame2:

No, the amazing thing is anyone would be so lacking in moral compass he would sit out the greatest example of Good v Evil in the 20th century.
Yeah, if that story is true Ron Paul isn't fit to be president. No matter what he espouses.

For the 1,000,000,000th time: Clinton was not impeached for screwing around with a fat chick.

Forum List

Back