Ronald Reagan created the slogan MAGA and I for one think

It's hysterical that leftists were never offended until Trump revived it.

They use it as an insult but how is making America great a bad thing? If they were smart they would co opt the slogan but I digress.... IF they were smart is a large obstacle

Trump has been very negative.. all gloom and doom claiming only he can fix it. It's a demagogue strategy. Not the same as Reagan at all.

They use it as an insult but how is making America great a bad thing? If they were smart they would co opt the slogan but I digress.... IF they were smart is a large obstacle

He did. And Trump poached it minus the "Let's".

Problem is. This isn't 1980. And America was always great. Under both Democrats and Republicans.
In 2024 nobody will be buying the hype anymore.

I think the reaction to MAGA is the underlying negative messages that come with it.

• Banned
Trump has been very negative.. all gloom and doom claiming only he can fix it. It's a demagogue strategy. Not the same as Reagan at all.
I don't think he is the only one who can fix shit but his doom and gloom isn't misplaced imo

Our cities are dangerous.
Our cities are filled with homeless druggies.
You get charged with crimes for defending yourself.
Our border is a disaster.
Our schools are full of violence.
Our budget is out of control.
We're mired in never ending wars.
Social nonsense is poisoning Our children.

And on and on

I don't think he is the only one who can fix shit but his doom and gloom isn't misplaced imo

Our cities are dangerous.
Our cities are filled with homeless druggies.
You get charged with crimes for defending yourself.
Our border is a disaster.
Our schools are full of violence.
Our budget is out of control.
We're mired in never ending wars.
Social nonsense is poisoning Our children.

And on and on
Trump loves the uneducated because he can manipulate them with impassioned speeches.

He doesn't differentiate.

I think they don't want to be smart. They just want to be affirmed in their group think and that means putting down anybody who challenges the left on anything. So you get their slogans "America was never great" or "America was a country founded on white supremacy" and other idiotic slogans/talking points like that. They absolutely refuse to consider anything different from what they are told to repeat, say, think, whatever.

That's why MAGA has become an obscenity and profanity to them. And they have to justify that somehow.

I think they don't want to be smart. They just want to be affirmed in their group think and that means putting down anybody who challenges the left on anything. So you get their slogans "America was never great" or "America was a country founded on white supremacy" and other idiotic slogans/talking points like that. They absolutely refuse to consider anything different from what they are told to repeat, say, think, whatever.

That's why MAGA has become an obscenity and profanity to them. And they have to justify that somehow.

The irony in this post is incredibly thick...

He did. And Trump poached it minus the "Let's".

Problem is. This isn't 1980. And America was always great. Under both Democrats and Republicans.
In 2024 nobody will be buying the hype anymore.

I think the reaction to MAGA is the underlying negative messages that come with it.
Really? Because average American's, many of whom grew up during the Reagan revolution, remember the sense of patriotism during the 80s...America was on the rise again after the malaise of Jimmy Carter, it was a needed shot in the arm...

Today, we know that progressive liberals think America sucks, hell, they seem hell bent on destroying her....In fact, I would be blown away if a progressive today expressed a love for this country....

Really? Because average American's, many of whom grew up during the Reagan revolution, remember the sense of patriotism during the 80s...America was on the rise again after the malaise of Jimmy Carter, it was a needed shot in the arm...

Today, we know that progressive liberals think America sucks, hell, they seem hell bent on destroying her....In fact, I would be blown away if a progressive today expressed a love for this country....
Reagan played on that (faux) malaise...which largely wasn't Carter's fault. Jimmy just wasn't very good at messaging. Too nice of a guy. And Reagan's tax cuts and policy changes would eventually lead to the absolute cluster fuck that we enjoy today.

Sorry son, I lived through both the Carter and Reagan era.
America has always been great. We've always loved her. And she will continue on despite every alt-right attempt to destroy her underpinnings.

It's you that we hate. Why? Because you've become a cancer.

Forum List

Back