Rush Limbaugh is cooked: The stunning fall of the right’s angriest bloviator

Wait! Who was that I heard on the radio today?

The Shadow?
The Lone Ranger?
Father Charles Coughlin?

I think it's great that they let the inmates have radios over ta the nursing home. Keeps 'em from wandering the halls.

Dude, you've used that one before. How about some new material?

That IS new material.

Course, all comedy, like all music, is ultimately derivative; if one only looks back far enough one can eventually find a time when somebody else came up with the same idea on the principle that Great Minds Think Alike.

Course, you have to be old enough to know all that. Teach me more, old timer. I'm always looking for new/old material.

Here's the reality. WLS is trying to switch to an all-Sports format.

They know Hate Radio is a loser.

Bulls White Sox deals put WLS-AM back in the game in a big way - Chicago Tribune

Until now. Last week, it was announced WLS will be the radio home for the White Sox in 2016 and the Bulls beginning with the 2016-17 season. Both deals run through 2021.

It hardly would be a surprise if WLS flipped to a sports-talk format considering it soon will be airing more than 300 games per year. Dickey, though, said there aren't any plans to change from its current news/talk format.

The fact is, Steve Dahl and Johnny B, old relics that they are- can easily adapt to an all-Sports formate.

Here's the reality. WLS is trying to switch to an all-Sports format.

They know Hate Radio is a loser.

Bulls White Sox deals put WLS-AM back in the game in a big way - Chicago Tribune

Until now. Last week, it was announced WLS will be the radio home for the White Sox in 2016 and the Bulls beginning with the 2016-17 season. Both deals run through 2021.

It hardly would be a surprise if WLS flipped to a sports-talk format considering it soon will be airing more than 300 games per year. Dickey, though, said there aren't any plans to change from its current news/talk format.

The fact is, Steve Dahl and Johnny B, old relics that they are- can easily adapt to an all-Sports formate.

Like Boston, Chicago is full of leftist assholes, absolutely NO LOSS! LOLOLOL!

Do Da Thugery, Listens ta Da Rush??? :ahole-1::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::afro:

Like Boston, Chicago is full of leftist assholes, absolutely NO LOSS! LOLOLOL!

losing WLS will be a major blow to Rush, just like losing WABC in NYC and WABC in LA.

I don't know about the others, but his syndicator BOUGHT WOR in NYC, moved him and Hannity to that venue, and they are still #1 in NYC! And this place is just FULL of left wing fools, as you know!

I know, I know - we've heard it before, but there's no denying the plain truth and the evidence. Sane people, I mean.

I predict he will quit his show in the next year when his contract expires. He will never get big money again, and his ego won't allow him to take any less.

Indianapolis' WIBC is just the latest station to drop him like a bad habit. His days of relevance are numbered

The bad news just keeps coming for conservative talker Rush Limbaugh.

Which bulletin was worse, though? The news in April that he was being dropped by WIBC in Indianapolis, a booming talk powerhouse that played home to Limbaugh’s radio show for more than two decades, or the news this week that the talker’s new address on the Indianapolis dial is going to be WNDE, a ratings doormat AM sports station that has so few listeners it trails the commercial-free classical music outlet in town?

The humbling, red-state tumble is just the latest setback for the conservative talker who has seen his once-golden career suffer a steady series of losses recently.

Divorced from successful, longtime affiliates in places like New York, Los Angeles, Boston, and Indianapolis, Limbaugh’s professional trajectory is heading downward. That’s confirmed by the second and third-tier stations he now calls home in those important media markets, and the fact that when his show became available, general managers up and down the dial passed on it. Apparently turned off by the show’s hefty price tag, sagging ratings, and disappearing advertisers, Limbaugh continues to be a very hard sell.

It’s a precipitous fall from the glory days when the host posted huge ratings numbers, had affiliates clamoring to join his network, and dictated Republican politics. All of that seems increasingly distant now. With his comically inflated, $50 million-a-year syndication deal set to expire next year, Limbaugh’s future seems uncertain. “Who would even want someone whose audience is aging and is considered toxic to many advertisers,” askedRadioInsight last month.

For Limbaugh, the troubles were marked by key events from 2012 and 2013. The first came in the form of Limbaugh’s Sandra Fluke implosion, where he castigated and insulted for days the graduate student who testified before Congress about health care and access to contraception, calling her a “slut” and suggesting she post videos of herself having sex on the Internet. The astonishing monologues sparked an unprecedented advertiser exodus.

The following year, as the host struggled to hang on to fleeing sponsors, radio industry giant Cumulus Media decided to negotiate its Limbaugh contract in public, making it clear through the press that the company was willing to cut ties with the pricey host in major cities where Cumulus owned talk radio stations. In the end, Limbaugh stayed with Cumulus stations, but the company sent a clear signal to the industry: Limbaugh was no longer an untouchable and general managers weren’t clamoring to hire him. Since then, the talker’s fortunes have only faded.

Another looming problem? Conservative talk radio is a “format fewer advertisers are interested in buying because of its aging audience,” noted radio consultant and self-identified Republican Darryl Parks. Limbaugh himself recently conceded a generational disconnect: “Now that I’ve outgrown the 25-54 demographic, I’m no longer confident that the way I see the world is the way everybody else does.

That disconnect may be fueling Limbaugh’s waning political influence. Once a mighty player whose ring was constantly kissed by Republicans, this campaign season seems to be unfolding with Limbaugh on the sidelines, his clout and his ability to drive the conversation seemingly surpassed by other conservative media players.

I know, I know - we've heard it before, but there's no denying the plain truth and the evidence. Sane people, I mean.

I predict he will quit his show in the next year when his contract expires. He will never get big money again, and his ego won't allow him to take any less.

Indianapolis' WIBC is just the latest station to drop him like a bad habit. His days of relevance are numbered

Which bulletin was worse, though? The news in April that he was being dropped by WIBC in Indianapolis, a booming talk powerhouse that played home to Limbaugh’s radio show for more than two decades, or the news this week that the talker’s new address on the Indianapolis dial is going to be WNDE, a ratings doormat AM sports station that has so few listeners it trails the commercial-free classical music outlet in town?

The humbling, red-state tumble is just the latest setback for the conservative talker who has seen his once-golden career suffer a steady series of losses recently.

Divorced from successful, longtime affiliates in places like New York, Los Angeles, Boston, and Indianapolis, Limbaugh’s professional trajectory is heading downward. That’s confirmed by the second and third-tier stations he now calls home in those important media markets, and the fact that when his show became available, general managers up and down the dial passed on it. Apparently turned off by the show’s hefty price tag, sagging ratings, and disappearing advertisers, Limbaugh continues to be a very hard sell.

It’s a precipitous fall from the glory days when the host posted huge ratings numbers, had affiliates clamoring to join his network, and dictated Republican politics. All of that seems increasingly distant now. With his comically inflated, $50 million-a-year syndication deal set to expire next year, Limbaugh’s future seems uncertain. “Who would even want someone whose audience is aging and is considered toxic to many advertisers,” askedRadioInsight last month.

For Limbaugh, the troubles were marked by key events from 2012 and 2013. The first came in the form of Limbaugh’s Sandra Fluke implosion, where he castigated and insulted for days the graduate student who testified before Congress about health care and access to contraception, calling her a “slut” and suggesting she post videos of herself having sex on the Internet. The astonishing monologues sparked an unprecedented advertiser exodus.

The following year, as the host struggled to hang on to fleeing sponsors, radio industry giant Cumulus Media decided to negotiate its Limbaugh contract in public, making it clear through the press that the company was willing to cut ties with the pricey host in major cities where Cumulus owned talk radio stations. In the end, Limbaugh stayed with Cumulus stations, but the company sent a clear signal to the industry: Limbaugh was no longer an untouchable and general managers weren’t clamoring to hire him. Since then, the talker’s fortunes have only faded.

Another looming problem? Conservative talk radio is a “format fewer advertisers are interested in buying because of its aging audience,” noted radio consultant and self-identified Republican Darryl Parks. Limbaugh himself recently conceded a generational disconnect: “Now that I’ve outgrown the 25-54 demographic, I’m no longer confident that the way I see the world is the way everybody else does.

That disconnect may be fueling Limbaugh’s waning political influence. Once a mighty player whose ring was constantly kissed by Republicans, this campaign season seems to be unfolding with Limbaugh on the sidelines, his clout and his ability to drive the conversation seemingly surpassed by other conservative media players.

I don't know about the others, but his syndicator BOUGHT WOR in NYC, moved him and Hannity to that venue, and they are still #1 in NYC! And this place is just FULL of left wing fools, as you know!

NYC Talk Radio Ratings Not Good

According to Jerry Del Colliano’s Inside Music Media there’s a rumor WOR-AM maybe switching over to the Premiere Networks’ Fox Sports Radio. If true that would mean moving Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity and others back to WABC-AM, if they’d take them, and Clear Channel iHeart Media abandoning the “news/talk” format in America’s biggest city.

How many times have you morons announced the end of Rush's career? Keep wishin' and hopin', losers.
The envy is obvious. They can't stand the fact that Air America went bottoms up even after stealing money to pay the bills. They can't handle a Conservative pundit earning $70 million/year and amassing a net worth of $400 million.
They think he should be redistributing his wealth to failed Liberals like Randi Rhodes and Alan Colmes.

It seems Ms Rhodes is down to 1 station, having been replaced in syndication by The Schnitt Show.

How many times have you morons announced the end of Rush's career? Keep wishin' and hopin', losers.
The envy is obvious. They can't stand the fact that Air America went bottoms up even after stealing money to pay the bills. They can't handle a Conservative pundit earning $70 million/year and amassing a net worth of $400 million.
They think he should be redistributing his wealth to failed Liberals like Randi Rhodes and Alan Colmes.

It seems Ms Rhodes is down to 1 station, having been replaced in syndication by The Schnitt Show.

So...... you think it's all about making money? Or you think it's all about ideological principles?

Can't have it both ways. Pick one.

BULLSHIT!

Clear Channel already owned the station since 2012 and the station is currently #3 in the NYC News/Talk radio market. Unlike when your MessiahRushie was on WABC, Porky now has to play second fiddle to Mets baseball games.

BULLSHIT!

Clear Channel already owned the station since 2012 and the station is currently #3 in the NYC News/Talk radio market. Unlike when your MessiahRushie was on WABC, Porky now has to play second fiddle to Mets baseball games.

Now EdtheLiar, LIE to me that Rush ISN'T #1 in his NOON time slot against Curtis and Kube!

BULLSHIT!

According to Nielsen, WOR as of the lastest book available (June) is #21 in its market. Not quiiiiiiiiite "number one".

Gotta wonder who makes the bubbles some people live in.

BULLSHIT!

Now EdtheLiar, LIE to me that Rush ISN'T #1 in his NOON time slot against Curtis and Kube!
How many games do the Mets play between noon and 3 on week days?

BULLSHIT!

According to Nielsen, WOR as of the lastest book available (June) is #21 in its market. Not quiiiiiiiiite "number one".

Gotta wonder who makes the bubbles some people live in.
And who is #1 in the Noon time slot?

BULLSHIT!

How many games do the Mets play between noon and 3 on week days?
One, on a bad week 2!.... Then we listen on IHeart! :)

Forum List

Back