Russian Military is inept

Today it is more indifference

War protestors during Vietnam were called Commies and un American.

Difference is we no longer have a draft. The Armed Forces are able to fill their quotas. Biggest problem is they are too fat not unpatriotic
How many kids you see walking around with American flags on their shirts?

How many kids you see walking around with American flags on their shirts?

I didn’t see them during Vietnam either
They were burning flags which outraged Conservatives

I saw a lot of flags after 9-11

Which in turn they would “retaliate” against us.

This is what happens when we put infants in charge of national security and foreign policy.

It is a keystone to Mutually Assured Destruction
We won’t consider some nuclear attacks to be acceptable.
It is an invitation to nuclear war as long as you don’t attack the US, you are OK

If Putin were to use nukes against Ukraine, we would retaliate

No question that Ukraine is using propaganda, as are the Russians.
But military analysts use more than propaganda. We are watching the Russian invasion closely. So, far we are not impressed with their performance. They are anything but the Super Power they are made out to be.
I think that the Russian command was too optimistic in their calculations. Despite the fact that in Russia the military had a relatively popular opinion that it was necessary to attack Ukraine 8 years ago during the referendum in Crimea. This scenario no longer works.

According to this scenario, it did not materialize, the Russian troops are forced to spend more people to ensure order in the cities in the rear - this weakens the forward groups.
Hence the losses in the rear of the advancing and the slowdown.

What scares me... really scares me.
Guys... the worst thing is when politicians lose the opportunity to take a step back. Putin has lost such an opportunity.

I will remind you how the assault on Baghdad was carried out. Aviation made 1000+ sorties per day for several days.
Russia did not begin to use truly heavy bombing.
I say this with a heavy heart.
My relatives are there. They wanted to leave towards Russia, but stumbled upon a blown up bridge and turned around. I haven't heard from them for 2 days. They don't answer calls or read messages.

Another family sits in the villages, but they have no medicine, and food is running out.

rightswinger said:
I saw a lot of flags after 9-11

from the left...which was a new thing for them..but then they went to supporting muslims which leads me to think they were happy with the whole situation just as muslims were.....they just weren't publicly giving out the candy.

What's the sense to Putin to annex Ukraine?
Because he is trying to rebuild the old Soviet Union. He believes these are his people. Hence he wants a puppet regime in place. Why are you asking me these stupid questions? Are you trolling or just ignorant?

And that would lead to nuclear war, which is what you psychos want.
That is how the nuclear deterrence works
If there is no threat of retaliation, there is no deterrence

Putin would not use nukes in an offensive war

What scares me... really scares me.
Guys... the worst thing is when politicians lose the opportunity to take a step back. Putin has lost such an opportunity.

Putin cannot afford to lose. The humiliation would cost him his job.

He will throw in as many troops and endure as many casualties as it takes to win

Where he will lose is Ukraine will not just surrender and meekly become loyal Russians. Putin will have to occupy Ukraine and suffer random attacks on his troops.
That will cost money, money Putin does not have. Also. his troops will suffer morale problems where they no longer want to put their asses on the line.

No question that Ukraine is using propaganda, as are the Russians.
But military analysts use more than propaganda. We are watching the Russian invasion closely. So, far we are not impressed with their performance. They are anything but the Super Power they are made out to be.
Just because Russian consider civilians as people, not as "unknowns", like usually Super Powers do :)

Because he is trying to rebuild the old Soviet Union. He believes these are his people. Hence he wants a puppet regime in place. Why are you asking me these stupid questions? Are you trolling or just ignorant?
What? Soviet Union???? :) Really???
No one wants any poor and corrupted Ukraine regions in Russia. There are many another problems, than feed them.

I asking these questions because I'm not over-eating of western propaganda. So, your "obvious" things are not obvious for me, I'm trying to find at least some logic :)

He will throw in as many troops and endure as many casualties as it takes to win

Where he will lose is Ukraine will not just surrender and meekly become loyal Russians. Putin will have to occupy Ukraine and suffer random attacks on his troops.
That will cost money, money Putin does not have. Also. his troops will suffer morale problems where they no longer want to put their asses on the line.
I don't sure about losses, because this operation is very unpopular.
On the other side, sensible losses may open him to use really hard weapon

No one has ever been able to give an adequate answer to the question why NATO deceived Russia and why it is expanding to our borders.

Agree - it looks like a threat to us.

This logical fact gives Putin a foundation in Russia.
NATO looks like an aggressor to us.

Therefore, I do not know in what direction events will develop.

Society sees the lies and deceit of the West regarding expansion to our borders.

Yes.

People saw, how much problems were in Crimea... I think, if Putin will take a solid part of Ukraine as a Russian Region - it would be last day of his presidence
Putin will have to negotiate the additional provinces
Even if Ukraine agrees to forfeit the territory, International Sanctions will remain in place.

Forum List

Back