Russian Warships En Route

File photo and old story. Read the link or find your own. Ships coming through the straights are the same ones we have known about for some time now. Russian's made formal announcement today that these ships were coming so there would be no mistake about the purpose of their mission. They have withdrawn ships that would have been a threat to the US NAVY, except for one lone submarine that would be commiting suicide if it made an offensive posture. It is there as part of their force protection. The so called "missile shield" is a single cruiser with the ability to launch 28 SAMS. It's purpose is to provide protection to the two ships carrying Russian marines who would be tasked with assisting with the evacuation of Russian civilians. Another ship playing a part is an intel vessel. These ships will all be near their port and have the task of protecting the port and it's assets. Believe what you want. The only thing the Russian's care about is keeping their only port in the Med. Without it they are totaly dependent of Turkey and moving through a narrow straight. Otherwise, they have thrown Syria under the bus.
What link??

Obama is already sending out feelers via MSNBC about increasing aid to victims and using economic weapons to curb the Assad regime. In other words, he's backing off.

Wait and see.

not to dis Russian war ships but,,,they like to sink after the first salvo is fired, the subs don't even last that long. China? Come on really, you know what the crap that the Chinese produce.

not to dis Russian war ships but,,,they like to sink after the first salvo is fired, the subs don't even last that long. China? Come on really, you know what the crap that the Chinese produce.

hell ya---ignore em---damn the ruskie Ships--full speed ahead

File photo and old story. Read the link or find your own. Ships coming through the straights are the same ones we have known about for some time now. Russian's made formal announcement today that these ships were coming so there would be no mistake about the purpose of their mission. They have withdrawn ships that would have been a threat to the US NAVY, except for one lone submarine that would be commiting suicide if it made an offensive posture. It is there as part of their force protection. The so called "missile shield" is a single cruiser with the ability to launch 28 SAMS. It's purpose is to provide protection to the two ships carrying Russian marines who would be tasked with assisting with the evacuation of Russian civilians. Another ship playing a part is an intel vessel. These ships will all be near their port and have the task of protecting the port and it's assets. Believe what you want. The only thing the Russian's care about is keeping their only port in the Med. Without it they are totaly dependent of Turkey and moving through a narrow straight. Otherwise, they have thrown Syria under the bus.
What link??

The link provided by the OP. There is no other link because it's a bs story. The link will take you to some goofy Yahoo News article.

The stupidity of the OP and the partisan right is remarkable, as if anyone believes the US and Russia will ‘go to war’ over Syria.

And the demagoguery is as remarkable as the stupidity.

I assume you've been listening to Kerry ?

So we have a guarantee from you that there will be no retaliatory strikes if we hit Syria with a few Tomahawks ? Sweet. Thanks.

I have a son on a navy ship. Now what do you think?
My son is prepping for basic in the Great Lakes, God bless your son and prayers for him.
Go ahead.......say it out loud. Some of you people hope Russia takes a few shots at one of our ships. Don't ya? Why be so coy?

I have a son on a navy ship. Now what do you think?

Keep your family out of this.

I got a warning not to bring other peoples family into conversations but this involves our own so I don't think I'm out of bounds telling you to go f*ck yourself.

There is no "this" if our kids weren't the ones signing up to man these ships. You would have no Navy if it weren't for them and for you to tell someone who's kid is actually on the ships to not bring that up is the most douchebag f*cking thing a person could possibly do.

The stupidity of the OP and the partisan right is remarkable, as if anyone believes the US and Russia will ‘go to war’ over Syria.

People have gone to war over less, you imbecile. The Southern States in the Civil War went to war to preserve a tradition, which came at the cost of the freedom of innocent slaves. Your naivete prevents you from grasping the high stakes chess match going on in the Persian Gulf right now.

You know, it's funny that you berate the OP without anything real to say in the actual discussion. You do nothing to counter the point, Clayton.

oh now, don't stop the RWer's here from rooting for their team of Ruskies.

The "Ruskies" epitomize everything you Liberals idolize. So its quite odd you wouldn't be.

Idiot.

The "Ruskies" epitomize everything you Liberals idolize. So its quite odd you wouldn't be.

Idiot.

You must be a hermaphrodite, you can be a dick and a **** all at once.

It's disturbing that propaganda from the Syrian gov and the misinformation that has taken hold in this country. Their are several key reasons why the Russian's need to move these ships into the area. One is that the affiliate group being referred to as al Qaeda is full of Chechyans. Those are the folks who took over the school full of kids and blew them up, killing hundreds. They also took over a theater in Moscow and provided more dead Russian's. More recently they blew up a commuter train traveling between Moscow and St. Petersburg. They hate Russian's and Russia is the foriegn country in Syria. If Assad falls the Checyans will be headed straight to the Russian port to kill some Russian's and get their hands on some hostages.. They will also be searching the neighborhoods looking for them. At this point Russia only cares about surviving a regime change and being able to keep their port. But they are faced with this nasty problem of having 38.000 (the number is going down as they fly them out) Russian civilians stuck in Syria. But hey, here in the USA it's all Obama siding with al Qaeda and the Russian boogie man.

It's disturbing that propaganda from the Syrian gov and the misinformation that has taken hold in this country. Their are several key reasons why the Russian's need to move these ships into the area. One is that the affiliate group being referred to as al Qaeda is full of Chechyans. Those are the folks who took over the school full of kids and blew them up, killing hundreds. They also took over a theater in Moscow and provided more dead Russian's. More recently they blew up a commuter train traveling between Moscow and St. Petersburg. They hate Russian's and Russia is the foriegn country in Syria. If Assad falls the Checyans will be headed straight to the Russian port to kill some Russian's and get their hands on some hostages.. They will also be searching the neighborhoods looking for them. At this point Russia only cares about surviving a regime change and being able to keep their port. But they are faced with this nasty problem of having 38.000 (the number is going down as they fly them out) Russian civilians stuck in Syria. But hey, here in the USA it's all Obama siding with al Qaeda and the Russian boogie man.

can you link that up please ?

russian-warships.jpg

Photo credits: wordpress

They just passed through the Strait of Bosphorus in Turkey.

Getting ready to stand up against a US act of aggression.

Beautiful Photo!

Now why am I not surprised you are rooting for America's enemies? And could you tell us just when you started hating America?

I am doing none of what you accuse me. It is the Scene being set that I responded to, it is very surreal, ships, and I find ships in the ocean beautiful, headed to confront outside forces on the verge of committing a war crime against a neighboring nation. My response is to the scene set by the Photograph. It is really easy for me to see the beauty in the art of photography.

Idiot.

You must be a hermaphrodite, you can be a dick and a **** all at once.

What? No argument? What I would expect from a brainless troll such as yourself. Surprisingly enough, you insult transgender people with your remarks. Funny how you liberals think you're tolerant and all that.

Forum List

Back