Russian Warships En Route

Russia Boosts Mediterranean Force as U.S. Mulls Syria Strike - Bloomberg

Russia Boosts Mediterranean Force as U.S. Mulls Syria Strike
By Jake Rudnitsky & Henry Meyer - Sep 4, 2013 10:32 AM PT

Russia is sending three more ships to the eastern Mediterranean to bolster its fleet there as a U.S. Senate panel will consider President Barack Obama’s request for authority to conduct a military strike on Syria.
Russia is sending two destroyers, including the Nastoichivy, the flagship of the Baltic Fleet, and the Moskva missile cruiser to the region, Interfax reported today, citing an unidentified Navy official. That follows last week’s dispatch of a reconnaissance ship to the eastern Mediterranean, four days after the deployment of an anti-submarine ship and a missile cruiser to the area, which were reported by Interfax. Syria hosts Russia’s only military facility outside the former Soviet Union, at the port of Tartus.

Russia is sending a strong signal that the conflict surrounding Syria touches on its interests, to ensure that international law is upheld and there is no bypassing the UN Security Council,” Ivan Safranchuk, deputy director of the Foreign Ministry’s Institute of Contemporary International Studies in Moscow, said by phone.

Where's the Chinese navy? .

They have warships en route too.

Medi%20fleet%20standoff.jpg

that is a rather grim picture you posted there

obama will be forced to back down and be completely emasculated or, some general is going to have to step up and remove him. It is doubtful that the military will fight a useless war for obama's ego.

This is Hillary's Russian reset, remember? A lightweight with a failed stunt.

the administration certainly reset our relationship with russia

all the way back to the sixties

not to dis Russian war ships but,,,they like to sink after the first salvo is fired, the subs don't even last that long. China? Come on really, you know what the crap that the Chinese produce.

china does have a brand new aircraft carrier

but i see they left it home

--LOL

I have a son on a navy ship. Now what do you think?
My son is prepping for basic in the Great Lakes, God bless your son and prayers for him.

Keep your family out of this.

I got a warning not to bring other peoples family into conversations but this involves our own so I don't think I'm out of bounds telling you to go f*ck yourself.

There is no "this" if our kids weren't the ones signing up to man these ships. You would have no Navy if it weren't for them and for you to tell someone who's kid is actually on the ships to not bring that up is the most douchebag f*cking thing a person could possibly do.

BRAVO ZULU!

Thank your son for me. Boot Camp is nothing more than a mind game. If he remembers that he should have no problem there. The Navy has some of the best schools on technical skills in the world. I hope he is going into one of those fields.

Anyway, thank you for telling those who ignore those who serve to Fuck Off.

First off..............The original post shows a hell of lot more ships than 3 more.

The Russians maintain a Med Fleet anyway, and being they have a Naval Base in Syria why wouldn't ships be in the vicinity..................................

The Russians are for the most part there for 2 reasons. To project Power and Strength and to evacuate Russians if necessary. They will NOT ENGAGE US, but they are letting us know they disaprove of our actions. Their Security interest in the area is the Naval Base. PERIOD. So they support Assad to maintain this base. Should the Rebels ever win this Base would be in Danger as the Fanatics within the Rebels only care about Rule by ISLAMIC DECREE.

We should not hit Syria. Neither side of the equation will be our friends afterwards. Therefore, it is NOT IN OUR INTEREST TO GET INVOLVED.

All this other BS here, doesn't really matter at all.

Go ahead.......say it out loud. Some of you people hope Russia takes a few shots at one of our ships. Don't ya? Why be so coy?

I think I will go say my prayers early, Bloodrock. God bless and protect your dear son and all our men if a missile accidentally gets fired and a war starts. I didn't realize sending a dozen overladen warships was how you got people out of a country. I thought they just would fly them home like we would if pressed.

Not our women?

First off..............The original post shows a hell of lot more ships than 3 more.

The Russians maintain a Med Fleet anyway, and being they have a Naval Base in Syria why wouldn't ships be in the vicinity..................................

The Russians are for the most part there for 2 reasons. To project Power and Strength and to evacuate Russians if necessary. They will NOT ENGAGE US, but they are letting us know they disaprove of our actions. Their Security interest in the area is the Naval Base. PERIOD. So they support Assad to maintain this base. Should the Rebels ever win this Base would be in Danger as the Fanatics within the Rebels only care about Rule by ISLAMIC DECREE.

We should not hit Syria. Neither side of the equation will be our friends afterwards. Therefore, it is NOT IN OUR INTEREST TO GET INVOLVED.

That original picture isn't current...they are all at anchor and I've seen that pic before, year ago.

That original picture isn't current...they are all at anchor and I've seen that pic before, year ago.

That picture has been around for a very long time. I remember pics like that during the Cold War. I remember seeing 3 Russian destroyers off of Vladivostok 100 yards off of us back then as well. Simple War games with us back then, except one of the Sailors on the Russian side had a bottle of Vodka in his hand laughing at us, as we couldn't drink on board like them.

All this back and forth on this issue is meaningless to me. This is just a show of force by Putin, and they already have ships in the region anyway. It really isn't a big deal at all.

Russia has plenty of natural gas, they just are not smart enough to get at it.

Russia controls the natural gas market to the EU. They've been" getting at it."

Russia has a significant role in the European energy sector as the largest exporter of oil and natural gas to the European Union.

In 2007, the European Union imported from Russia 185 million tonnes of crude oil, which accounted for 32.6% of total oil import, and 100.7 million tonnes of oil equivalent of natural gas, which accounted 38.7% of total gas import

Russia in the European energy sector - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

russia is the primary supplier of oil to the EU too. they pull a lot more weight there now then they did two decades ago.

Interesting Article:
Russian warships: Why are they sailing toward Syria?

Russian warships – at least three of them – are on their way to the eastern Mediterranean waters off Syria. A Russian official says they are a means for Russian civilians to escape Syria in the event of US airstrikes. But the ships can do oh so much more.

The Russian spy ship and its supporting cast could easily detect any US cruise missile launch if they’re in the general area of the American destroyers. Tomahawk cruise missiles fire vertically out of Navy ships, powered by rockets. Several hundred feet up, their wings unfold, their turbofans ignite, and they turn to cruise toward land.

It’s very unlikely the Russians would do anything to physically interfere with this process. But the presence of a Russian fleet might enable Moscow to give Syria’s Bashar al-Assad a few minutes' warning of an imminent attack.

Russian warships: Why are they sailing toward Syria? - CSMonitor.com

File photo and old story. Read the link or find your own. Ships coming through the straights are the same ones we have known about for some time now. Russian's made formal announcement today that these ships were coming so there would be no mistake about the purpose of their mission. They have withdrawn ships that would have been a threat to the US NAVY, except for one lone submarine that would be commiting suicide if it made an offensive posture. It is there as part of their force protection. The so called "missile shield" is a single cruiser with the ability to launch 28 SAMS. It's purpose is to provide protection to the two ships carrying Russian marines who would be tasked with assisting with the evacuation of Russian civilians. Another ship playing a part is an intel vessel. These ships will all be near their port and have the task of protecting the port and it's assets. Believe what you want. The only thing the Russian's care about is keeping their only port in the Med. Without it they are totaly dependent of Turkey and moving through a narrow straight. Otherwise, they have thrown Syria under the bus.
What link??

The link provided by the OP. There is no other link because it's a bs story. The link will take you to some goofy Yahoo News article.

In late November 2011, Pravda and Reuters announced that a Russian naval flotilla led by the aircraft carrier Admiral Kuznetsov was on its way to Tartus as a show of support for the al-Assad government. In the same report, the Russian Navy said that a visit to Tartus had nothing to do with the events in Syria.

In July 2012, Russian Navy commander Vice Admiral Viktor Chirkov made the statement that should the personnel at the base be in danger they would be evacuated if the Russian president ordered it.

In Aug. 2012 and Jan 2013 ships were sent to evacuate Russia citizens. May 2013, Russia has sent a dozen or more warships to patrol waters near Tartus.

Russia sending warships to Tartus is nothing new. It's being going on for several years. Russian press releases at this time about warships movements and other media releases about the brutality of the rebels seem clearly aimed at defeating the proposal in Congress to authorize an attack on Syria.

Russian naval facility in Tartus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

My son is prepping for basic in the Great Lakes, God bless your son and prayers for him.

Keep your family out of this.

I got a warning not to bring other peoples family into conversations but this involves our own so I don't think I'm out of bounds telling you to go f*ck yourself.

There is no "this" if our kids weren't the ones signing up to man these ships. You would have no Navy if it weren't for them and for you to tell someone who's kid is actually on the ships to not bring that up is the most douchebag f*cking thing a person could possibly do.

My son is currentley serving on the USS Winston S Churchill DDG81
Thankfully they are in the Newport News shipyard until Novemeber

MainImage.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back