Russians Mock Obama With Racist Laser Projection On U.S. Embassy In Moscow

After seeing the responses of many regarding the racial sentiments of those in Russia, I can see the act as likely being racist....assuming what you say is true about their views of black people.

But I find it sad that I was criticized for originally seeing it as an act showing disdain for America, a country that they perceive is being led by a man with the intelligence of a chimpanzee.

It could be taken either way.

This thread is the perfect example of 'Patriotic' teapers.

What a bunch of buffoons!

Seems the Russians enjoy mocking Obama more and more now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7iPnao3zqU

President Barack Obama received birthday greetings from around the world when he turned 53 years old on Monday, but some of those wishes weren't exactly well.

In Russia, protesters used lasers to beam a crude, racist image of Obama onto the U.S. Embassy in Moscow. The image showed the president in a birthday hat with a banana going in and out of his mouth followed by projections of the words "Obama" and "happy birthday" in English.

The Moscow Student Initiative took responsibility for the stunt on VK, a social network popular in Russia.

Racially-charged messages aimed at Obama have been cropping up with alarming regularity in Russia. Also on the president's birthday, a banner depicting Obama as the "Three Wise Monkeys" -- see no evil, hear no evil and speak no evil -- was unfurled near the U.S. Consular Section in Moscow, The Washington Post reported.

Images of the banner made the rounds on Twitter:

Russians Mock Obama With Racist Laser Projection On U.S. Embassy In Moscow

I don't think the image was racist. The open secret that Obama is gay is widely acknowledged in Russia - remember that Putin called him a "prancing fairy" on national television. It looks to me that they are mocking his homosexuality, they have Obama sucking a cock.

I still ask...

Bush was white...so it was OK to insult his intelligence with the image of a monkey.

I get it.

So how does one insult the intelligence of a black man?

If I say "Obama is an idiot"...will I be accused as being a racist for thinking all black men are idiots?

Of course, many of you will say "of course not."....

But it happens all the time on this board.

So what is the PC way to call Obama an idiot?

Referring to President Bush as a chimp was offensive but not racist
Referring to a black US President is racist

Only if one is a sociopath and devoid of consistent standards.

The fact that you demand differing standards for a black man than a white man is blatantly racist.

Sure you dont care thats why you had to say you werent taking sides then avoided that by saying "let them decide their future" like thats what we are talking about here :lol:

But my point is, since I'm not siding with Russia over the Ukraine issue,

See the deflection? Starts a racist thread then tries to talk about something completely different. Did you notice every response starts with "I'm not taking sides" Like who do you think you are fooling? :eusa_shhh:

Do I believe this laser image is racist ? It certainly would be in our culture, and I'm going to assume it is there as well.
Am I going to get butthurt about it ? Noooooo, I couldn't care less what they think of our president.

No you careless about racism and instead post it as "funny". Showing what side you are on.

It is amusing to see libs upset about this, since you guys did the same for eight years to Bush.
It's a big fuck you suck on some karma kind of thing. :D

Libs were racist against Bush. Not only do you post racist shit thinking its funny, but you acknowledge it IS racist the start equivocating why this isnt bad after you said it was by throwing Bush into it because...Bush is black...??!?

Excuses

You're right, I don't care if the Russians put up a racist display. I acknowledge that it is, or at least in our culture it is, but I don't care.

Next, I never made the claim the chimp issue against Bush was racist. It wasn't, obviously.
I merely point out that you guys did the same thing for eight years, which is why this is now so hilarious because of the irony.
It's as if you've waved kryptonite around for years, and directed it at someone who could not be affected by it.
Then, you go out and elect someone that IS affected by it, and now you're whining when it's brought out, when it was you who dug it up in the first place !

Fucking hilarious ! :lol:

Last edited:
I am going to derail this thread because I have had enough of this crap.

I have a question....When? When what? Follow me.....

When I owned my business, I had a company Bar B Q at my house. My number 1, Rita (ultimately took the company off my hands) is a progressive. To this day we laugh at how well we got along and succeeded despite our ideological differences. She was reviewing the menu I prepared and questioned whether I thought it would be deemed as insensitive to our black employees to have watermelon.

When?...Follow me.....

I have been a conservative my entire adult life. My family is well aware of it (bless their liberal souls). But when my sister asked me who I voted for and I responded "McCain", her immediate response was "I knew you were too much of a racist to vote for a black man".

So tell me......when?

When can I live my life not worrying about the color of the person and simply treat them as I would treat anyone else? When can I not vote for a black man because I didn't like his politics? When can I serve watermelon despite the color of anyone at the party?

When can I stop walking on eggshells. When can I stop identifying the race of a person FIRST so I can determine how to treat him or her?

When can I treat a black man the same as I treat a white man?

When?

Kind of selfish that you want to derail a thread just because you lack the skills needed to socialize in an integrated environment. Sounds like you are blaming outside forces and influences for your self inflicted problems or situation, since it is not against the law to be racist.

this is a debate board. It is where we offer our sentiments and debate the responses. It is not selfish to offer these sentiments of mine in a thread that has numerous people generalizing and referring to all conservatives (myself included) as racist....and to take some of the things I said and tell me it implies racism.

It would have been nice if you responded with your sentiments as it pertains to the crux of my post as opposed to criticize me for expressing them. I do, after all, usually show respect to your responses...even if I disagree with them.

But you are entitled to do what you do.

I was not criticizing your comments. I was criticizing your idea of derailing the thread due to what I perceived as your frustration with dealing with integration and unfair accusations of racism. Many conservatives on this board are flaming racist. Some conservatives seem to give them a pass. You sleep with dogs and you might get fleas. We are debating whether it is racist to depict a black man as a monkey. For real, that is what is being debated. And the racist are whining that that is not fair. They should be allowed to depict a black man as a monkey and not be considered as racist. Well guess what, if you depict a black person as a monkey the world is going to judge you as a racist. Every time. In fact, it is something that defines a racist.

Now that is "leadership", mocking the opposition.....well it worked........in middle school.....

We did the same thing in WWII. There was a time when it was considered effective propaganda to demonize the enemy.

What is shocking here is that clearly we ARE the enemy - which is not a good thing. Obama has again created a dangerous situation.

I still ask...

Bush was white...so it was OK to insult his intelligence with the image of a monkey.

I get it.

You could claim he is incapable of speaking without a telepromter

Which one is currently being sanctioned by the rest of the world and seeing his fragile economy crumble?

And which one keeps getting his way every time he goes up against Obama? Same answer.

BTW, the sanctions are BS, the Euros suffer more than Russia if the follow it. They are dependent on Russian energy and Russia is a big market for them, which is why they barely follow them. Again, Obama making the great stand, Putin getting what he wants. There's a clear pattern in that...

Russia Scoffs At Sanctions, But Economy Feeling The Pain - Forbes

Given that about half of Russian gas exports to Europe go through Ukraine, disruption of gas delivery to Europe could have an impact on Russia” says Antonio Spilimbergo, an economist and Russia mission chief for the IMF . “Lingering uncertainties about the situation in Ukraine could undermine the confidence of consumers and investors in Russia, which would further affect domestic consumption and investment.”

Russian equities as tracked by the Market Vectors Russia (RSX) exchange traded fund are down 11% in the last month following a similar sized rally post-annexation. Russian equities may have further to fall before investors start buying up undervalued stocks again.

Their economy's feeling an owie, Obama is Putin's bitch. They seem to be OK with that trade. They will build around The Ukraine over time if they have to. Europe will not stop buying Russian energy.

I still ask...

I get it.

If I say "Obama is an idiot"...will I be accused as being a racist for thinking all black men are idiots?

Call him an idiot. Don't worry about what people think. As long you know in your heart you are not trying to offend people over race, religion, etc., don't worry about it.

See the deflection? Starts a racist thread then tries to talk about something completely different. Did you notice every response starts with "I'm not taking sides" Like who do you think you are fooling? :eusa_shhh:

No you careless about racism and instead post it as "funny". Showing what side you are on.

It is amusing to see libs upset about this, since you guys did the same for eight years to Bush.

Libs were racist against Bush. Not only do you post racist shit thinking its funny, but you acknowledge it IS racist the start equivocating why this isnt bad after you said it was by throwing Bush into it because...Bush is black...??!?

Excuses

I knew it wouldn't take long, the other day you were ranting on about not using the race card. Lol your limit was reached a long time ago.

Jknow comes into a thread about racism and is shocked that someone mentions race but either missed the OP or ignored it to whine about something else...Like mentioning race in a thread about race:eusa_clap:

I still ask...

I get it.

Call him an idiot. Don't worry about what people think. As long you know in your heart you are not trying to offend people over race, religion, etc., don't worry about it.

You don't get it.

On here, I like to debate. Once I criticize Obama in a way one can claim it is racist, the debate turns to racism. I cant get an honest debate because I find myself having to walk on eggshells and not give someone reason to say "Oh, I see. You have trouble agreeing with a black man"

Overall, I don't worry about it. Heck, I ordered watermelon with upwards of 5 black couples coming to my home. Never thought about it as being insensitive...Until Rita told me it may be deemed as such. Now I found myself worrying about something that was never even a thought.

Excuses

You're right, I don't care if the Russians put up a racist display. I acknowledge that it is, or at least in our culture it is, but I don't care.

Next, I never made the claim the chimp issue against Bush was racist. It wasn't, obviously.

Exactly, you threw it in the mix just to deflect. We are talking about racism and you bring up anything and throw it in once you're called on your faggotry.

I merely point out that you guys did the same thing for eight years, which is why this is now so hilarious because of the irony.

Which is it, Is it racist or not? Saying "the left did the same thing" implies racism but you said it wasnt racist. Like I said stop Equivocating it makes you look stupid

It's as if you've waved kryptonite around for years, and directed it at someone who could not be affected by it.
Then, you go out and elect someone that IS affected by it, and now you're whining when it's brought out, when it was you who dug it up in the first place !

Fucking hilarious ! :lol:

Dug what up? Racism against Bush that you said didnt happen?

Forum List

Back