RWer Jennifer Rubin (WAPO) lambastes the GOP over "crackpots"

The GOP really needs to run a pure Tea Party ticket, President and Vice President.

100% purity. Cruz/Palin or Palin/Cruz.

Let's get past this and move on.

Maybe it would do the GOP good to really go that route and lose by 25 points nationally.

Run Ted Cruz and lose even the Dakotas.
There's so much noise and intra-party squabbling on this.

Let's find out, once and for all.

If you have nothing to lose anyway why not go the full monte and see exactly what kind of support the naked extreme right really has? That way the GOP establishment can pick up the pieces afterwards and reform the party into a semblance of genuine conservatism once again by being able to point back at 2016 and use that as a big stick to keep the extremist whackjobs in line in the future.

Even funnier is, dunces like you still buy into that old Communist media trick. She's as much a RWer Republican as you and that Maddcow chick on NBC are.

You mean like the one where conservatives are tripping all over each other over some nutter's book that says Obama lied about OBL? Yeah....conservatives are lapping it up as if the poor guy was credible.

[/QUOTE]

You might be misjudging the right wing mindset. Cruz looks like an utter fool now, but the right doesn't really care because all they care about is opposition to the current administration. The details of that opposition is immaterial. After the supposed "invasion" is shown to be just more ranting from the crazies, they still won't care. He will still be a hero to them because of his opposition. The fact that his opposition was shown to be based on something crazy just doesn't matter.[/QUOTE]

Or, maybe.....some of the real nutty right wingers may go as far as to state that it was CRUZ who thwarted the "invasion."

You might be misjudging the right wing mindset. Cruz looks like an utter fool now, but the right doesn't really care because all they care about is opposition to the current administration. The details of that opposition is immaterial. After the supposed "invasion" is shown to be just more ranting from the crazies, they still won't care. He will still be a hero to them because of his opposition. The fact that his opposition was shown to be based on something crazy just doesn't matter.[/QUOTE]

Or, maybe.....some of the real nutty right wingers may go as far as to state that it was CRUZ who thwarted the "invasion."[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't surprise me a bit.

I'm pretty sure Ike was a Republican, but the crackpots today would call him a RINO or a liberal, I'm sure.

The GOP really needs to run a pure Tea Party ticket, President and Vice President.

100% purity. Cruz/Palin or Palin/Cruz.

Let's get past this and move on.

Maybe it would do the GOP good to really go that route and lose by 25 points nationally.

Run Ted Cruz and lose even the Dakotas.
There's so much noise and intra-party squabbling on this.

Let's find out, once and for all.

If you have nothing to lose anyway why not go the full monte and see exactly what kind of support the naked extreme right really has? That way the GOP establishment can pick up the pieces afterwards and reform the party into a semblance of genuine conservatism once again by being able to point back at 2016 and use that as a big stick to keep the extremist whackjobs in line in the future.

THAT is a real good idea for the republicans...Double down and once they badly lose they can FINALLY realize that the monkey on the GOP's back needs to be smacked down.

Look at it this way: Is there any practical harm to the TX Nat. Guard monitoring an army exercise to bolster public confidence?

It's not as if "guaranteeing public safety" here requires... for instance... massive new taxes, laws, prohibitions, crippling regulations on industry, and the sweeping national/international economic reforms that certain other policies for "guaranteeing public safety" (I think you know what I'm talking about here) will demand from a skeptical public.

Perhaps the Texans are paranoid for wanting the military exercise supervised. So what? How is it any skin off of your nose?

Keep 'crazy' in perspective. Respect the magnitude of the costs versus the magnitude of the consequences.

It's stupid and a waste of taxpayer money.

The US military is conceived - per constitution - to protect the American people from enemies abroad. It has been a longstanding tradition to have military exercises within the USA in order to keep the US military up to snuff.

So, yeah, this conspiracy bullshit really is batshit crazy.

You have no idea how much the Left is laughing over this, over the utter stupidity of the Right, especially in Texas, on this.

The Tea Party is supposed to be for a strong military. Guess that was a lie, too.
Glad you're getting your lulz out of it. Nothing says "knee slappin' good time" like a populace so deeply mistrustful of a government run amok that they insist on supervising military drills.

Moreover, I'd bet 80% of the support derives from the fact that it's an unqualified "eff you" from Texas to the US federal government.

You might be misjudging the right wing mindset. Cruz looks like an utter fool now, but the right doesn't really care because all they care about is opposition to the current administration. The details of that opposition is immaterial. After the supposed "invasion" is shown to be just more ranting from the crazies, they still won't care. He will still be a hero to them because of his opposition. The fact that his opposition was shown to be based on something crazy just doesn't matter.

Or, maybe.....some of the real nutty right wingers may go as far as to state that it was CRUZ who thwarted the "invasion."[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't surprise me a bit.[/QUOTE]

Example of left wing nut jobs.
Cruz and Huckabee are extremely low in the polls but talk from the left makes you think that they might be the front runners.
RealClearPolitics - Election 2016 Presidential Polls

Look at it this way: Is there any practical harm to the TX Nat. Guard monitoring an army exercise to bolster public confidence?

It's not as if "guaranteeing public safety" here requires... for instance... massive new taxes, laws, prohibitions, crippling regulations on industry, and the sweeping national/international economic reforms that certain other policies for "guaranteeing public safety" (I think you know what I'm talking about here) will demand from a skeptical public.

Perhaps the Texans are paranoid for wanting the military exercise supervised. So what? How is it any skin off of your nose?

Keep 'crazy' in perspective. Respect the magnitude of the costs versus the magnitude of the consequences.

The US military is conceived - per constitution - to protect the American people from enemies abroad. It has been a longstanding tradition to have military exercises within the USA in order to keep the US military up to snuff.

You have no idea how much the Left is laughing over this, over the utter stupidity of the Right, especially in Texas, on this.

The Tea Party is supposed to be for a strong military. Guess that was a lie, too.

The left have their own conspiracy bullshit, it's not just a right wing thing.
Your average leftist lives in a truly paranoid Manichean world of sinister cabals.

Please show us just one single Leftie who is convinced that Jade 15 is a gubbermint plot to enslave Texas.

Thank you.

Glad you're getting your lulz out of it. Nothing says "knee slappin' good time" like a populace so deeply mistrustful of a government run amok that they insist on supervising military drills.

Moreover, I'd bet 80% of the support derives from the fact that it's an unqualified "eff you" from Texas to the US federal government.

It's not a matter of lulz. It's a matter of having to stand and watch fruit-loopy Righties untether themselves completely and irrevocably from reality.

Nothing says "batshit crazy" more than allowing yourself to be conditioned by paranoid, tea-partyesque freakazoids to believe even 1% of this shit to begin with.

It's just plain old sad.

Greg Abbott has made a laughing stock out of Texas, and the Republican Party. Not that he needed to do much to achieve that second goal.

Your average leftist lives in a truly paranoid Manichean world of sinister cabals.

Please show us just one single Leftie who is convinced that Jade 15 is a gubbermint plot to enslave Texas.

Thank you.

I never said they did.
I said they have their own, like they think that the GOP wants to make all abortions illegal and they want dirty water. Starve the children.
Left wing conspiracies.

Last edited:

It's not a matter of lulz. It's a matter of having to stand and watch fruit-loopy Righties untether themselves completely and irrevocably from reality.

Nothing says "batshit crazy" more than allowing yourself to be conditioned by paranoid, tea-partyesque freakazoids to believe even 1% of this shit to begin with.

It's just plain old sad.

Greg Abbott has made a laughing stock out of Texas, and the Republican Party. Not that he needed to do much to achieve that second goal.
You just finished telling us "You have no idea how much the Left is laughing over this."

Now you're telling us, "It's just plain old sad" having to "stand and watch fruit-loopy Righties untether themselves completely and irrevocably from reality".

So which is it? Does Gov. Abbott's response amuse you or sadden you? Or are you simply reveling in what you perceive as an embarrassing gaffe, and the only thing you truly feel is resentment?

Thank you.

I never said they did.
I said they have their own, like they think that the GOP wants to make all abortions illegal and they want dirty water. Starve the children.
Left wing conspiracies.

Ya gotta love when nutters go on on and on about that which isn't even real....

Cruz and Huckabee are extremely low in the polls but talk from the left makes you think that they might be the front runners.

Among the many flaws among right wingers....like yourself....is a lack of a sense of humor and virtually no recognition of sarcasm.....But then, were you not such a sourpuss you probably wouldn't be a right winger, don't you think?

Among the many flaws among right wingers....like yourself....is a lack of a sense of humor and virtually no recognition of sarcasm.....But then, were you not such a sourpuss you probably wouldn't be a right winger, don't you think?

You must have missed many of my humorous remarks here though out the years that I have been on this board.
On the other hand, I see many on the left who don't get the sarcastic humor of the right either.

Forum List

Back