RWer Jennifer Rubin (WAPO) lambastes the GOP over "crackpots"

And by the way, peach, if you don't want to sound like a complete retard, it's Democratic President, not Democrat President.

This is the second topic in a week in which retards have showed themselves to believe no military exercises take place in the US under Republican Presidents.

I mean, it would take less than five seconds of THOUGHT to figure out what an incredibly stupid thing that is to believe.

Rubin's claim the GOP has been overrun by crackpots is being resoundingly validated by the posters in this topic.

Why do these types of military actions take place under Democrat Presidents?

Holy shit. You are caught up so deeply in your own bogus belief system, you feel confident enough to manufacture total bullshit and believe it to be true!

Alaska Shield/Northern Edge 2005:

This exercise provided a wide range of simulated natural disasters and terrorist events in 21 communities throughout Alaska designed to train military and civilian "first responders" and test organizational and integration skills at all levels of government.

Alaska Shield-Northern Edge 2007
Military and civilian participants worked together to intercept aircraft, respond to attacks on the Trans-Alaska Pipeline system and the North Pole Industrial Complex, and conducted medical evacuations after mass casualty incidents.

Key words
military and civilians working together.
I will say it again that it is Texans who believe it and it could be because of what happening to them in 1999.

Holy shit. You are caught up so deeply in your own bogus belief system, you feel confident enough to manufacture total bullshit and believe it to be true!

This exercise provided a wide range of simulated natural disasters and terrorist events in 21 communities throughout Alaska designed to train military and civilian "first responders" and test organizational and integration skills at all levels of government.

Military and civilian participants worked together to intercept aircraft, respond to attacks on the Trans-Alaska Pipeline system and the North Pole Industrial Complex, and conducted medical evacuations after mass casualty incidents.

Key words

So is Jade Helm, retard.

I will say it again that it is Texans who believe it and it could be because of what happening to them in 1999.

And what happened? A coup? People put in FEMA camps? That's what the crackpots are saying Jade Helm is a rehearsal for.

And by the way, peach, if you don't want to sound like a complete retard, it's Democratic President, not Democrat President.

I have never claimed to be an expert writer.
Just because some of us on both sides of the isle do typos does not mean they are retarded.

Rubin's claim the GOP has been overrun by crackpots is being resoundingly validated by the posters in this topic.
Look at it this way: Is there any practical harm to the TX Nat. Guard monitoring an army exercise to bolster public confidence?

It's not as if "guaranteeing public safety" here requires... for instance... massive new taxes, laws, prohibitions, crippling regulations on industry, and the sweeping national/international economic reforms that certain other policies for "guaranteeing public safety" (I think you know what I'm talking about here) will demand from a skeptical public.

Perhaps the Texans are paranoid for wanting the military exercise supervised. So what? How is it any skin off of your nose?

Keep 'crazy' in perspective. Respect the magnitude of the costs versus the magnitude of the consequences.

Key words

So is Jade Helm, retard.

And what happened? A coup? People put in FEMA camps? That's what the crackpots are saying Jade Helm is a rehearsal for.

You should read the link
You would be one of the first ones screaming if it was conducted in your neighborhood.

Sad but true.

I even stated in the OP that it would be nice to have an ADULT conversation about this, but the best we can hope for is Stephanie's version of "patethic".

Sad but true.

jennifer_rubin-620x412.jpg

Jennifer Rubin (source)​

Getting rid of crackpotism in the GOP - The Washington Post

(The blog that she contributes to on WAPO is called "Right Turn". She is a staunch Conservative)

Getting rid of crackpotism in the GOP

...Republicans have their own problem: They tolerate far too many crackpots.

Dr. Ben Carson joins Mike Huckabee in refusing to accept that Supreme Court decisions, on gay marriage for example, are binding. Pressed by Chris Wallace, Carson insisted that Marbury v. Madison and more than 200 years of history have not settled the issue. “It is an open question. It needs to be discussed.” Actually, it’s not open...

Huckabee has ... hawked “nutritional supplements” as a cure to diabetes. He insisted on Sunday, “One of the elements of the plan was dietary supplements, but it is not the fundamental thing.” (Then why encourage people to buy them?) He declared, “I don’t have to defend everything that I’ve ever done.” So he’s both a constitutional and dietary charlatan. Either one should disqualify him.

Then there is Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Tex.), who cynically chooses to pander to the conspiracy-mongers who turning a military exercise primarily in Texas into a secret plan to impose martial law. Cruz has taken their nonsense as legitimate and made inquiries at the Pentagon. Rich Lowry hit the nail on the head on ABC, calling this “pandering to a vocal minority.”...

...How many times has Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) falsely suggested the National Security Agency is listening to the content of millions of phone calls? Before reversing himself, he also gave support to the anti-vaccine hooey. At what point do voters say, you know, that’s not the mindset or character of someone who we’d want as president?

Responsible conservatives should follow Lowry’s lead — name and shame — lest the GOP be seen as a haven for the unhinged. ...

Who is Jennifer Rubin?

Jennifer Rubin journalist - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Jennifer Rubin is an American neoconservative columnist and a blogger for The Washington Post. Previously she worked at Commentary, PJ Media, Human Events, and The Weekly Standard. She also published at Politico, The New York Post, New York Daily News, National Review, The Jerusalem Post, and a variety of other media publications.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

For discussion ---

This quoted material begs the question: are Conservatives out there in the real world going to be willing to listen to self-criticism? Once the Jade 15 exercises are completed and people like Ted Cruz are going to look like complete and utter fools for having tried to make this into a nefarious gubbermint plot to enslave Texans and what-not, are Conservatives going to wake up and realize that a number of their candidates are often saying things that are considered absolutely insane by the overwhelming majority of people who are sane?

I accept criticism of Clinton, Sanders, O'Malley, etc, because I know that no candidate is a perfect person. Are Conservatives willing to do the same, or are they going to just grumble that somehow, Jen Rubin is not really a Conservative?

I gotta say, from my perspective, the crop of GOP candidates that is forming for 2016 makes the 2012 GOP crop look tame, lily-livered and Liberal in comparison. They make Barry Goldwater look like Lenin. And their 2012 nominee lost decisively against an embattled Democratic president during economic rough times. I see the same conundrum forming for 2016 as formed for 2012: that GOP candidates are tacking so unbelievably hard to the Right in order to feed enough "red-meat" to a crazed ultra-Conservative base, "red-meat" that then turns into a poison-pill for the GOP when the General Election campaign starts up after both nominations are completed. It appears that Jeb Bush recognizes this conundrum, but even before officially getting out of the starting gate, he has put his foot in his mouth about the Iraq War that may very well jettison any hope of him even launching, which I suspect causes Scott Walker to whoop with glee.

So, what do you think of Jen Rubin's words?

Let's see who can actually debate like a real adult on this thread and put his emotions in his side pocket and actually debate the quoted material...

Oh, and nat4900 - thanks for trying this once already. This material DESERVES to be debated.

Any chance you've the intellectual means to offer a point, for posting your above citation?

The implications seems to be that you need and seem to be enjoying some sense of validation. Stemming of course from the invalid construct of your reasoning, not providing you with the validation that is otherwise inherent, in valid constructs.

Sad but true.

I even stated in the OP that it would be nice to have an ADULT conversation about this, but the best we can hope for is Stephanie's version of "patethic".

Sad but true.

LOL! I say it here... and it comes out THERE!

Look at it this way: Is there any practical harm to the TX Nat. Guard monitoring an army exercise to bolster public confidence?

It's not as if "guaranteeing public safety" here requires... for instance... massive new taxes, laws, prohibitions, crippling regulations on industry, and the sweeping national/international economic reforms that certain other policies for "guaranteeing public safety" (I think you know what I'm talking about here) will demand from a skeptical public.

Perhaps the Texans are paranoid for wanting the military exercise supervised. So what? How is it any skin off of your nose?

Keep 'crazy' in perspective. Respect the magnitude of the costs versus the magnitude of the consequences.

It's stupid and a waste of taxpayer money.

The US military is conceived - per constitution - to protect the American people from enemies abroad. It has been a longstanding tradition to have military exercises within the USA in order to keep the US military up to snuff.

So, yeah, this conspiracy bullshit really is batshit crazy.

You have no idea how much the Left is laughing over this, over the utter stupidity of the Right, especially in Texas, on this.

The Tea Party is supposed to be for a strong military. Guess that was a lie, too.

In other words, this thread hasn't worked out as hoped for the author of the OP.

Must be time for him to declare victory or some such crap.

Oh wait. He just did.

Uhm, nope.

You are very short on comprehension today.

Welching does that to a person...

A stale lie is still just a lie. And stale.

And, uhm. Yes.

The lack of comprehension here is entirely yours. That goes hand in hand with your modern American liberalism.

You baselessly declared some kind of victory that is utterly unsupported by the evidence to which you point.

That's just a fact.

Because, as stephanie goes, there is no substance in any of the posts made by stephanie.

The GOP really needs to run a pure Tea Party ticket, President and Vice President.

100% purity. Cruz/Palin or Palin/Cruz.

Let's get past this and move on.

and the Democrats need to run Rosanne Barr/Mother Sheehan.
both parties have their nut jobs. the Democrats just has more in my book.
but to post something from some NOBODY from the DNC Compost no less.... because she calls the GOP, crackpots.

it's stupid and desperate

You have still not responded to Jennifer Rubin's text. You are still deflecting and not paying attention and I have no desire to play your parent.

Grow the fuck up and learn to debate like a real adult.

ok, never heard of her.

but now what are the people suppose to do, orgasm? run and change parties to that other stinking, corrupted, nasty party, the Democrats.

man you people are so hard up because your own party and that man you put in as President...... is imploding

We're supposed to become more Starkey

I don't think that at all.

Tell me, once Jade 15 is completed and Ted Cruz looks like an utter fool for trying to get people to distrust the US military, are you going to support him? Is that the Conservative view these days? To hate the military?

Please, expatiate.

You might be misjudging the right wing mindset. Cruz looks like an utter fool now, but the right doesn't really care because all they care about is opposition to the current administration. The details of that opposition is immaterial. After the supposed "invasion" is shown to be just more ranting from the crazies, they still won't care. He will still be a hero to them because of his opposition. The fact that his opposition was shown to be based on something crazy just doesn't matter.

It's stupid and a waste of taxpayer money.

The US military is conceived - per constitution - to protect the American people from enemies abroad. It has been a longstanding tradition to have military exercises within the USA in order to keep the US military up to snuff.

So, yeah, this conspiracy bullshit really is batshit crazy.

You have no idea how much the Left is laughing over this, over the utter stupidity of the Right, especially in Texas, on this.

The Tea Party is supposed to be for a strong military. Guess that was a lie, too.

The left have their own conspiracy bullshit, it's not just a right wing thing.
Your average leftist lives in a truly paranoid Manichean world of sinister cabals.

This just in: President Eisenhower nukes Nevada as US troops invade!

e681u8.jpg

2qan7l5.jpg

Forum List

Back