Ryan Says Presidents Don't Write Laws

Who said the President "wrote" anything? Show me the written document. He can do certain things as Chief Executive that YOU, Mr. Ryan, have no control or say-so over. Other Presidents, including the last three Republican Presidents, have used this "tool" far more than President Obama.

Executive orders are just that EXECUTIVE, not legislative. Ryan needs to be reminded which group he is in. He needs to tend to the business of his own office, before opening his mouth with inappropriate statements. Just like he has done before in the military arena, he opens his mouth when he has zero military experience.

President Obama has pushed back the implementation of parts of Obamacare and amended other parts of it after the disastrous roll out if that is to be done it's the job of Congress to do it the same ones who pass the laws and if necessary repeal them and amend them not the President. If someone needs to be reminded which group he is in it's Obama.

Who said the President "wrote" anything? Show me the written document. He can do certain things as Chief Executive that YOU, Mr. Ryan, have no control or say-so over. Other Presidents, including the last three Republican Presidents, have used this "tool" far more than President Obama.

Executive orders are just that EXECUTIVE, not legislative. Ryan needs to be reminded which group he is in. He needs to tend to the business of his own office, before opening his mouth with inappropriate statements. Just like he has done before in the military arena, he opens his mouth when he has zero military experience.

We have a system of government in the US that was set up by the Founding Fathers to prevent abuses of power by our leaders. What President Obama is threatening is an "end run" around that system of government. What Ryan rightly pointed out (and you've ignored) is that it isn't the number of times that President Obama has used Executive Orders...it's the significance of the orders. Paul Ryan is a part of Congress. We the people elected Congress to pass our laws for us. That doesn't cease to be simply because a sitting President doesn't like to compromise.

Nobody likes to compromise in the government! Republicans hate it. Dems hate it. Obama especially hates it.

Must be something to be a one trick pony without a clue on how to keep us a first world power.

Maybe we can limit welfare? Maybe we can fix education, maybe we can get out of the wars, maybe we can demand effiency.

America needs to lead in science and tech. This is all we have. We can't compete in other areas as they can be done by slaves.

This coming from the expert on one trick ponies. The US could be number 1 in education, technical advancement and scientific discoveries, but with more than 70% or our economy depending on consumerism you will never employ enough people in the high paying fields without a large manufacturing base. You can dream about high tech all you want, but manufacturing is what supports a solid middle class. For that you need cheap energy, low taxes on business and regulations that don't tie the hands of business.

We have a system of government in the US that was set up by the Founding Fathers to prevent abuses of power by our leaders. What President Obama is threatening is an "end run" around that system of government. What Ryan rightly pointed out (and you've ignored) is that it isn't the number of times that President Obama has used Executive Orders...it's the significance of the orders. Paul Ryan is a part of Congress. We the people elected Congress to pass our laws for us. That doesn't cease to be simply because a sitting President doesn't like to compromise.

or simply because a bunch of government saboteurs got elected as a vandalism stunt. Congress has the same responsibility to the country that you just assigned the president.
Your leaders told you that government does not work and by golly they made damned sure they were right, quit complaining that the government is broken, your guys broke it on purpose.

The people didn't break the government. How can you elect a functioning selfless government when only the greedy and selfish can afford to run? The people's hands are tied; it's not their fault.

If you gave a damn about cutting the debt you'd slice the military a few hundred billion before slicing programs that enhance America at home.

One of the few things that make America this great super power is our tech and science. Your party has no plan what so ever to reform education or to continue that lead.

Obama not the republicans cut the NASA to the bone, Obama not the Republicans told NASA no new craft to soar into outerspace. Obama not the Republicans ordered the end of planning for manned missions anywhere. Obama not the Republicans cut the rocket program out. He out sourced our ability to reach space, we now depend on Russia for that. He outsourced our ability to launch payloads into space. we now depend on a small rocket controlled by the Air force and private enterprise or again Russia. Obama did that not the Republicans.

or simply because a bunch of government saboteurs got elected as a vandalism stunt. Congress has the same responsibility to the country that you just assigned the president.
Your leaders told you that government does not work and by golly they made damned sure they were right, quit complaining that the government is broken, your guys broke it on purpose.

We have a system of government that is designed to make it difficult to pass controversial laws. That doesn't mean the system is "broken"...it means that it is doing EXACTLY what the Founding Fathers wanted.

Barack Obama needs to learn how to do his JOB. He needs to learn how to build political alliances to move legislation forward. Accusing the opposition of being "saboteurs" like you just did is what this President has done since day one of his Administration which is why the opposition hates his guts.

The Founding Fathers built a government made to run on compromise, not blind partisanship.

We have a system of government that is designed to make it difficult to pass controversial laws. That doesn't mean the system is "broken"...it means that it is doing EXACTLY what the Founding Fathers wanted.

Barack Obama needs to learn how to do his JOB. He needs to learn how to build political alliances to move legislation forward. Accusing the opposition of being "saboteurs" like you just did is what this President has done since day one of his Administration which is why the opposition hates his guts.

Making every single thing "controversial" and then obstructing it is a cheap cop-out. You know most of what they block is routine government business that really needs no major discussion. It's a ploy, a spiteful destructive scam job with few real winners and 300 million losers.

Convenient you ignore Reid refusing to do his duty, he shit canned every bill from the House for how long? Selective memory there bud.

Must be something to be a one trick pony without a clue on how to keep us a first world power.

Maybe we can limit welfare? Maybe we can fix education, maybe we can get out of the wars, maybe we can demand effiency.

America needs to lead in science and tech. This is all we have. We can't compete in other areas as they can be done by slaves.

And you can't have a leading scientific power without a leading education system. Which you can't afford with loads of wars and welfare. So you cut those. You have it all thought out, don't ya?

I know the easiest way to advance math and science and education and cut back on the need for an expansive military. Get rid of the silly warring tribes that draw lines on a map as boundaries of human progress.

I'm waiting on his executive order that crowns himself king - that is the flavor of them!

The moment he does that is the moment I grab my rifle and munitions and camping gear and declare war on the formerly Land of the Free. I don't care how many people enlist in my cause, some people have to stand up for the rights our Founding Fathers tried to preserve for us.

The Founding Fathers built a government made to run on compromise, not blind partisanship.

Wrong, the founders put together a government that could, if done properly, run itself. The constitutional responsibilities of government are so limited congress should be working part time. If they would return to the actual constitution they could work a few months every couple of years like the Texas legislature. But heave forbid a politician actually follow our founding documents or their oath of a office, there is no power or money to be had in just doing their jobs.

Wrong, the founders put together a government that could, if done properly, run itself. The constitutional responsibilities of government are so limited congress should be working part time. If they would return to the actual constitution they could work a few months every couple of years like the Texas legislature. But heave forbid a politician actually follow our founding documents or their oath of a office, there is no power or money to be had in just doing their jobs.

I agree with everything but that first sentence. The government worked pretty well to begin with, in a time of more compromise. Now, compromise is a taboo word that gets kicked out of being the Mo for politicians and replaced with a system that digs our grave faster and larger. Surely you don't condone digging your own grave, unless you've given up.

I agree with everything but that first sentence. The government worked pretty well to begin with, in a time of more compromise. Now, compromise is a taboo word that gets kicked out of being the Mo for politicians and replaced with a system that digs our grave faster and larger. Surely you don't condone digging your own grave, unless you've given up.

Honestly, the only hope I see for this country in the long run is the States reasserting their power through an Article 5 convention. Short of that I will predict, within the next 30 years, there will be another civil war. Right now we live in a post constitutional Ununited States and eventually something will give.

"build political alliances" after "our job is to make Obama a 1-term President" :eusa_eh: :rofl: Spare us your crocodile tears sport :eusa_hand:

Honestly, the only hope I see for this country in the long run is the States reasserting their power through an Article 5 convention. Short of that I will predict, within the next 30 years, there will be another civil war. Right now we live in a post constitutional Ununited States and eventually something will give.

Have you read the end of my sig? I'm shooting at the 10-15 mark. And it won't be a "civil war," more a "reestablishment of the people's rights through violent but just means."

Are you ranting about something because you don't like facts?

Have you read the end of my sig? I'm shooting at the 10-15 mark. And it won't be a "civil war," more a "reestablishment of the people's rights through violent but just means."

I just hope I don't live to see it.

Did we really compromise in the beginning? The 1790s presents a very bitter conflict between the states rights' advocacy of the Republicans and the consolidationist advocacy of the Federalists. Washington, Hamilton, and other Federalists were building a consolidated British-style monarchy with a bureaucracy, a standing army, and a powerful, independent executive, while for Madison, Jefferson, and other Republicans, the federal government should protect minority rights, preside over contentious acts of democracy in the states, and conduct the business of the United States as constitutionally authorized. The fiscal-military ambitions of the Federalists were met head-on with peaceful desires of the Republicans to expand channels of commerce with other nations.

Other hot-button issues between the two parties were numerous. Chartering a national bank, trade discriminations against Britain, the looming French Revolution and war between Britain and France, taxes, etc. It was an American Whigs v Tories conflict. It was one of the most contentious decades in American history with more chest-thumping than compromise.

No, I don't think our government survived its formidable years because it compromised. I think it survived simply because it was still small and manageable, despite party differences. Even though Jefferson reduced its size considerably after Washington and Adams, it would still take more than two centuries to build the vast bureaucracy we have today with its huge public debt, enormous professional military, and taxes far beyond anything that even Hamilton could have imagined.

Compromise is a dirty word. We have compromised our way so far to the left of our beginnings that we are essentially no longer even a soft tyranny but rather just a tyranny. And still, the Democrats want more compromise. Well, to hell with them. The whole damn lot of them.

NO MORE COMPROMISE!

As for the OP, do you really think Obama's use of the Executive Order is historically consistent?

Thereis no end run around the laws of this nation. Executive orders are based in the executive powers of the Presidency. Congress writes laws that the President can sign or veto if it gets through both legislative houses. But once the administration of those laws comes into the equation, the Presidenthas authority to direct how an agency/bureau is administered.

If you gave a damn about cutting the debt you'd slice the military a few hundred billion before slicing programs that enhance America at home.

One of the few things that make America this great super power is our tech and science. Your party has no plan what so ever to reform education or to continue that lead.

Matthew, we spend more money per pupil than any other nation on earth and yet our kids are falling farther and farther behind in academic rankings. It's obvious that the system we're now employing is floundering yet we don't fix it because powerful teachers unions prevent that from happening. If YOU gave a damn about education you should be here speaking out about "educators" who care more about their power than the kids that they teach.

And just for your edification? If I were the President...I'd cut across the board INCLUDING the military. Waste is to be found throughout our government and the only way to force fiscal sanity is to hold government managers feet to the proverbial fire.

Forum List

Back