Ryan Says Presidents Don't Write Laws

Bush used Executive order to increase the amount of "arsenic" allowble in your drinking water.

Obama used Executive order to rescind Bush's Executive order.

I'm not posting any links yet because I want Right Wingers to show us how stupid their ignorant asses are. Go ahead, call me a liar, just so I can administer another "Atomic Bitch Slap".

So what's the big deal?

cancer of the skin, lungs, bladder and prostate in humans
also linked to diabetes, cardiovascular disease, anemia, and disorders of the
immune, nervous and reproductive systems

No Right Winger will believe that. Too much "science".

I wonder if Republicans think arsenic is good for you?

I wonder why doctors prescribe it if it isn't. That's right, they actually use science, unlike you, who thinks science only exists to bash the other side.

Arsenic Trioxide Injection: MedlinePlus Drug Information

Was this what Bush's executive order concerned? Arsenic Trioxide Injections?

C'mon wingnut. Explain yourself.

What are "Executive Orders?" Are they Constitutional? Can a President override Congress with an EO?

An Executive Order is a directive that the executive branch sends to the departments and agencies who report to the executive regarding the manner in which departments are to carry out laws created and passed by Congress.

EO's are perfectly Constitutional and an important part of the implementation of laws. The number of EO's that a particular president issues is utterly irrelevant.

But an EO is an instrument for the Executive branch to send orders to their direct reports. An EO MUST comply with the law. If Barack Obama issues an EO that conflicts with laws passed by Congress, then the EO is illegitimate and void, and Obama is a criminal.

It looks like rdean has made Quantum Windbag look stupid again. :lol:

Not like it's all that difficult - just get QW to post!

I wasn't even trying. I never thought for a second anyone would defend Arsenic as an important medicine. I hope QW doesn't take it just to prove a point. On the other hand......

Ryan (R) may be a deficit hawk b ut he wants to balance the budget on the backs of the elderly, the poor, & children. :thup: Right out of the Ayn Rand handbook.

Who said the President "wrote" anything? Show me the written document. He can do certain things as Chief Executive that YOU, Mr. Ryan, have no control or say-so over. Other Presidents, including the last three Republican Presidents, have used this "tool" far more than President Obama.

Executive orders are just that EXECUTIVE, not legislative. Ryan needs to be reminded which group he is in. He needs to tend to the business of his own office, before opening his mouth with inappropriate statements. Just like he has done before in the military arena, he opens his mouth when he has zero military experience.

We have a system of government in the US that was set up by the Founding Fathers to prevent abuses of power by our leaders. What President Obama is threatening is an "end run" around that system of government. What Ryan rightly pointed out (and you've ignored) is that it isn't the number of times that President Obama has used Executive Orders...it's the significance of the orders. Paul Ryan is a part of Congress. We the people elected Congress to pass our laws for us. That doesn't cease to be simply because a sitting President doesn't like to compromise.

or simply because a bunch of government saboteurs got elected as a vandalism stunt. Congress has the same responsibility to the country that you just assigned the president.
Your leaders told you that government does not work and by golly they made damned sure they were right, quit complaining that the government is broken, your guys broke it on purpose.

Republicans do not control the Senate, and that is where legislation goes to die at Harry Reid's whim. And, Harry Reid's whim is whatever Obama wants.

Low information voters, who do not comprehend our system of government, can be excused for thinking that one party rule is acceptable, and that the other party should just shut up and go along. Partisan hacks cannot be excused. Republicans were elected by their constituants, just like the Democrats were, and are just as entitled to push their concepts into the political arena of the legislature. Politics is a game of give and take, and both sides have to give a little to get a little.

Obama, and the Senate Democrats are the "My way or the Highway", gang, refusing to do any meaningful compromise, and then turning around and accusing the Republicans of preventing legislation.

Who said the President "wrote" anything? Show me the written document. He can do certain things as Chief Executive that YOU, Mr. Ryan, have no control or say-so over. Other Presidents, including the last three Republican Presidents, have used this "tool" far more than President Obama.

Executive orders are just that EXECUTIVE, not legislative. Ryan needs to be reminded which group he is in. He needs to tend to the business of his own office, before opening his mouth with inappropriate statements. Just like he has done before in the military arena, he opens his mouth when he has zero military experience.
Executive Orders cannot be used to alter, remove, or destroy duly passed laws.

As always, it is NOT the Executive Order process that is in question.

It is the CONTENT of the Executive Order that is in question.

The President does NOT have carte blanche to just ignore the other CO-EQUAL branches of government in favor of his or her ideology.

Just how hard is that the grasp?

Ryan (R) may be a deficit hawk b ut he wants to balance the budget on the backs of the elderly, the poor, & children. :thup: Right out of the Ayn Rand handbook.
You should take that Lithium for your condition.

Dumbass. It wasn't me announcing the benefits of arsenic in drinking water. I think it was one of your kind.

I think it's your civic duty to demonstrate the dangers of arsenic by taking a few grams....

Oh, and every drop of water from a natural source on this planet has trace amounts of arsenic. Oh and yogurt has bacteria in it.

Forum List

Back