Ryan Says Presidents Don't Write Laws

Presidents and the Executive branch write laws all the time. They do it through administrative rules and regs.

Let's make a list of the executive orders that violated the Constitution or got the most Americans killed in a Military action...
#1 FDR's executive order that ordered the incarceration of American citizens and legal Japanese immigrants into concentration camps. The media supported it and the Supreme Court was afraid to take up the issue.
#2 Harry Truman didn't bother with congressional authorization to commit US Troops to combat. He issued an executive order authorizing Troops to Korea and his subsequent mishandling of the mission caused the unnecessary deaths of about 50,000 Americans in three years.
Can Barry Hussein Obama top this?

Who said the President "wrote" anything? Show me the written document. He can do certain things as Chief Executive that YOU, Mr. Ryan, have no control or say-so over. Other Presidents, including the last three Republican Presidents, have used this "tool" far more than President Obama.

Executive orders are just that EXECUTIVE, not legislative. Ryan needs to be reminded which group he is in. He needs to tend to the business of his own office, before opening his mouth with inappropriate statements. Just like he has done before in the military arena, he opens his mouth when he has zero military experience.

We have a system of government in the US that was set up by the Founding Fathers to prevent abuses of power by our leaders. What President Obama is threatening is an "end run" around that system of government. What Ryan rightly pointed out (and you've ignored) is that it isn't the number of times that President Obama has used Executive Orders...it's the significance of the orders. Paul Ryan is a part of Congress. We the people elected Congress to pass our laws for us. That doesn't cease to be simply because a sitting President doesn't like to compromise.

Thereis no end run around the laws of this nation. Executive orders are based in the executive powers of the Presidency. Congress writes laws that the President can sign or veto if it gets through both legislative houses. But once the administration of those laws comes into the equation, the Presidenthas authority to direct how an agency/bureau is administered.

That is not exactly true, but I really don't expect people who say stupid shit like this to understand the subtlety of how the government actually works.

"build political alliances" after "our job is to make Obama a 1-term President" :eusa_eh: :rofl: Spare us your crocodile tears sport :eusa_hand:

The naivete of that statement is staggering, Dottie! It has ALWAYS been the "job" of the opposition elect their people at the next election. That didn't change when Barack Obama came into office. That was the case when George W. Bush was in office...that was the case when Ronald Reagan was in office...that was the case when EVERY President has been in office!

It is the job of a sitting President to build political majorities to move the country forward. That hasn't changed since Washington and will never change...a concept that Barack Obama failed to grasp because he came into office with majorities in the House and Senate and didn't NEED to build majorities! Instead...he gave his "Elections have consequences...I won!" speech to the Republicans at the very start of his Administration and then told them to go sit in the hall while the Democrats ran the show.

What planet do you live on? :eusa_eh: The President wasted 4+ years trying to negotiate or, in your words- "build political alliances", w/ you people :eusa_hand: only to be delayed & obstructed for political purposes. :thup: Save it sport :eusa_shhh: The "Party of No" can't negotiate w/ the President because of their purposely demonizing the President to appease their Base (you). THEY have painted themselves into a corner NOT the President. THEY (Repubs & people who vote for them) forced the President to seek other avenues to TCB.

I should really charge you people for "bringing you up to speed on political dynamics. You're either playing dumb or you are dumb. Which is it? :eusa_think: @Oldstyle

And the name is Dot Com not dottie sport :fu:

Excuse me? Are you talking about Carter, or are you just stupid?

Let's make a list of the executive orders that violated the Constitution or got the most Americans killed in a Military action...
#1 FDR's executive order that ordered the incarceration of American citizens and legal Japanese immigrants into concentration camps. The media supported it and the Supreme Court was afraid to take up the issue.
#2 Harry Truman didn't bother with congressional authorization to commit US Troops to combat. He issued an executive order authorizing Troops to Korea and his subsequent mishandling of the mission caused the unnecessary deaths of about 50,000 Americans in three years.
Can Barry Hussein Obama top this?

He already has.

"I'll enact legislation on my own if I have to!", to paraphrase.

Bush used Executive order to increase the amount of "arsenic" allowble in your drinking water.

Obama used Executive order to rescind Bush's Executive order.

I'm not posting any links yet because I want Right Wingers to show us how stupid their ignorant asses are. Go ahead, call me a liar, just so I can administer another "Atomic Bitch Slap".

So what's the big deal?

cancer of the skin, lungs, bladder and prostate in humans
also linked to diabetes, cardiovascular disease, anemia, and disorders of the
immune, nervous and reproductive systems

No Right Winger will believe that. Too much "science".

Executive orders are just that EXECUTIVE, not legislative. Ryan needs to be reminded which group he is in. He needs to tend to the business of his own office, before opening his mouth with inappropriate statements. Just like he has done before in the military arena, he opens his mouth when he has zero military experience.

HAHAHA. In the summer of 2012 obozo issued an EO that said He was going to let millions of illegals stay in america in brazen violation of laws passed by congress!!! EOs are supposed to be a means for the president to enforce the laws not repeal them. Obozo's EO was very much legislative.

Fact is presidents and courts and bureaucrats all write laws even though the constitution expressly says only congress can do so.

[

I think he understands how it works just fine, he is just pushing the limit and precedent because he knows as long as he has a majority in the senate he will not be impeached. .

That senate majority may well be gone in a year and then obozo can be removed. He needs to think about that.

[

I think he understands how it works just fine, he is just pushing the limit and precedent because he knows as long as he has a majority in the senate he will not be impeached. .

That senate majority may well be gone in a year and then obozo can be removed. He needs to think about that.

I think you need to research that just a tad more before you allow your alligator mouth overload your hummingbird brain again. A hint would be, how many votes in the senate are required to convict in an impeachment?

Wrong, the founders put together a government that could, if done properly, run itself. The constitutional responsibilities of government are so limited congress should be working part time. If they would return to the actual constitution they could work a few months every couple of years like the Texas legislature. But heave forbid a politician actually follow our founding documents or their oath of a office, there is no power or money to be had in just doing their jobs.

I agree with everything but that first sentence. The government worked pretty well to begin with, in a time of more compromise. Now, compromise is a taboo word that gets kicked out of being the Mo for politicians and replaced with a system that digs our grave faster and larger. Surely you don't condone digging your own grave, unless you've given up.
Did we really compromise in the beginning? The 1790s presents a very bitter conflict between the states rights' advocacy of the Republicans and the consolidationist advocacy of the Federalists. Washington, Hamilton, and other Federalists were building a consolidated British-style monarchy with a bureaucracy, a standing army, and a powerful, independent executive, while for Madison, Jefferson, and other Republicans, the federal government should protect minority rights, preside over contentious acts of democracy in the states, and conduct the business of the United States as constitutionally authorized. The fiscal-military ambitions of the Federalists were met head-on with peaceful desires of the Republicans to expand channels of commerce with other nations.

Other hot-button issues between the two parties were numerous. Chartering a national bank, trade discriminations against Britain, the looming French Revolution and war between Britain and France, taxes, etc. It was an American Whigs v Tories conflict. It was one of the most contentious decades in American history with more chest-thumping than compromise.

No, I don't think our government survived its formidable years because it compromised. I think it survived simply because it was still small and manageable, despite party differences. Even though Jefferson reduced its size considerably after Washington and Adams, it would still take more than two centuries to build the vast bureaucracy we have today with its huge public debt, enormous professional military, and taxes far beyond anything that even Hamilton could have imagined.

Compromise is a dirty word. We have compromised our way so far to the left of our beginnings that we are essentially no longer even a soft tyranny but rather just a tyranny. And still, the Democrats want more compromise. Well, to hell with them. The whole damn lot of them.

NO MORE COMPROMISE!

As for the OP, do you really think Obama's use of the Executive Order is historically consistent?

The point of compromise is that both sides give up equally so as to prevent one group gaining power over another and allowing to get things done. If done correctly, neither side will gain an inherent advantage. Saying we compromised so far left is incorrect, as the nature of compromise is to prevent the political balance from sliding and one party gaining dominion over the other. Do away with compromise, eventually one side will come out of the stalemate victorious. The other party will gradually cease to exist. Americans will have the option of voting in representatives of one faction. And with out having to worry about the left taking their House and Senate seats, do you seriously believe the right hierarchy will give a damn what happens to the commoner? So long as they brainwash you (just like the left) you'll believe things are fine as America slowly loses its freedom. Is that what you want?

"build political alliances" after "our job is to make Obama a 1-term President" :eusa_eh: :rofl: Spare us your crocodile tears sport :eusa_hand:

The naivete of that statement is staggering, Dottie! It has ALWAYS been the "job" of the opposition elect their people at the next election. That didn't change when Barack Obama came into office. That was the case when George W. Bush was in office...that was the case when Ronald Reagan was in office...that was the case when EVERY President has been in office!

It is the job of a sitting President to build political majorities to move the country forward. That hasn't changed since Washington and will never change...a concept that Barack Obama failed to grasp because he came into office with majorities in the House and Senate and didn't NEED to build majorities! Instead...he gave his "Elections have consequences...I won!" speech to the Republicans at the very start of his Administration and then told them to go sit in the hall while the Democrats ran the show.

What planet do you live on? :eusa_eh: The President wasted 4+ years trying to negotiate or, in your words- "build political alliances", w/ you people :eusa_hand: only to be delayed & obstructed for political purposes. :thup: Save it sport :eusa_shhh: The "Party of No" can't negotiate w/ the President because of their purposely demonizing the President to appease their Base (you). THEY have painted themselves into a corner NOT the President. THEY (Repubs & people who vote for them) forced the President to seek other avenues to TCB.

I should really charge you people for "bringing you up to speed on political dynamics. You're either playing dumb or you are dumb. Which is it? :eusa_think: [MENTION=31215]Oldstyle[/MENTION]

And the name is Dot Com not dottie sport :fu:

You lecture me on not being up to speed on political dynamics while you claim that Barack Obama didn't thumb his nose at the Republicans when he took office? I'm sorry, Dottie but you're the one who's "playing dumb" on this subject, not I. Obama didn't NEED to build political alliances with Republicans at the beginning of his first term because he had large majorities in both the House and Senate. President Obama's smug retort to Eric Cantor "Elections have consequences...I won!" set the tone for "negotiations" between the Democrats and the Republicans. Barry, Harry and Nancy didn't negotiate with Republicans...they negotiated with moderate Democrats. Republicans they mocked as they passed things like ObamaCare. Or have you forgotten Nancy Pelosi marching over to the Capital building brandishing her Speaker's gavel at the head of the Progressive Caucus? That wasn't a "negotiation"! That was a "we've got the votes and you can't do a thing to stop us...so go fuck yourselves!" That is what took place before the 2010 Mid-terms changed the political dynamic.

Bush used Executive order to increase the amount of "arsenic" allowble in your drinking water.

I'm not posting any links yet because I want Right Wingers to show us how stupid their ignorant asses are. Go ahead, call me a liar, just so I can administer another "Atomic Bitch Slap".

So what's the big deal?

I wonder if Republicans think arsenic is good for you?

So what's the big deal?

I wonder if Republicans think arsenic is good for you?

I wonder why doctors prescribe it if it isn't. That's right, they actually use science, unlike you, who thinks science only exists to bash the other side.

Arsenic Trioxide Injection: MedlinePlus Drug Information

Forum List

Back