S Korea Big Gov't crackdown on dissent rivals the U.S.

Dot Com

Nullius in verba
Feb 15, 2011
Fairfax, NoVA
Sad to see but other countries are following the Republican-instigated, post 9/11, Big Gov't, anti-dissent policies currently practiced in the U.S.

Remember when Bush Justice Dept said you can protest, it just has to be 5 blocks away and behind gated Jersey barriers? :rolleyes-41:

Meanwhile in South Korea...largest protests since 2008

South Korea vows no tolerance after violent protest in Seoul

I'm a firm believer in the maxim that dissent is the highest form of patriotism (IOW's- you have to watch the Watchers)

Last edited:
Sad to see but other countries are following the Republican-instigated, post 9/11, Big Gov't, anti-dissent policies currently practiced in the U.S.

Remember when Bush Justice Dept said you can protest, it just has to be 5 blocks away and behind gated Jersey barriers? :rolleyes-41:

I'm a firm believer in the maxim that dissent is the highest form of patriotism (IOW's- you have to watch the Watchers)
violent dissent is not patriotism.....

Your beliefs, versus reality on a global scale, are two different things.

As for south korea, our continued presence there is an assurance that things will never get better for the Korean people.. They will forever remain both divided, and in a constant state of war.

America should but the fuck out, so the Korean people can work things out. Obama, are you listening?

Last edited:

---
Yes, peaceful protest should always be allowed.
In your ref:
""The government was fully prepared to guarantee a lawful and peaceful rally, but some people came prepared with illegal equipment such as steel pipes and conducted a violent protest," Justice Minister Kim Hyun-woong told a news conference."

Police used water canons to disperse the crowd and sprayed liquid laced with an irritant found in chilli pepper to fight off protesters swinging metal pipes and sharpened bamboo sticks.

Coming loaded for bear is not "dissent".

And your two stories contradict each other, one says 100k-130k and one says 60k.

Also the swipe about the president leaving the country (for a G20 summit) and the writer blaming in on the protests is comical.

dot said:
.....other countries are following the Republican-instigated, post 9/11, Big Gov't, anti-dissent policies currently practiced in the U.S.

List these "anti dissent policies" in order so we can see them and discuss them in detail.

You mean like the internment camps of FDR during world war 2
or threats of anti trust legislature used by Bobby Kennedy to shut down news of reports of his brothers affairs.
Or the IRS under obama targeting conservative groups and auditing Ben Carson.

Your beliefs, versus reality on a global scale, are two different things.

As for south korea, our continued presence there is an assurance that things will never get better for the Korean people.. They will forever remain both divided, and in a constant state of war.

America should but the fuck out, so the Korean people can work things out. Obama, are you listening?
Do you have any idea what you are talking about? ANY idea. Go away kiddo.

Related, but not to the political debate of this particular issue:

I just talked to the son of a gamer buddy whom I've chatted with off and on for over 8 years now. He went through basic last year and was just stationed in Korea. I wanted to go to bed, but this kid (he just turned 20) is stuck on an opposite schedule and doesn't get to chat with "his peeps" since he left stateside - I felt it was the least I could do to stay up and suffer the loss of a few hours of sleep to keep him company, try to catch him up on goings on over here, with "his peeps", ect.

That is the reality, these lonely young American's far from their friends and family who have volunteered not only to protect /us/ but other countries as well, while we sit around and debate if what they are doing on internet forums... I'm just saying, don't forget to take a brief moment of your time and think of them and be grateful for their service, even if you disagree with the politics of what they have been ordered to enforce or not enforce.

do you notice how the pussy called dotcom will not discuss anything said here?......and i know the pussy has me on ignore because he is scared of me,but you guys he does not have on ignore,but yet he ignores any thing questioning his bullshit....what a pussy he must be....

Forum List

Back