🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

"Sacrifice" for your country

From what I've read of Hillary, she didn't do any volunteer work. She went right from college to being a staff attorney for a charity group, but was well paid. she got into politics very early on because that's where the money and power are. She didn't marry Bill because he was the cutest guy on the block.
Bill Clinton laid it all out.

Your attempts at making every good deed or public service to have ulterior motives with sinister connotations, would be hilarious if they weren't so pathetically transparent

Transcript: Bill Clinton's DNC speech - CNNPolitics.com

The salary is $400,000/year out of which nothing comes to pay for everything else they get. Interesting you say that is little money yet those that Liberals want to tax more because they say those folks aren't paying a fair share make less than that AND have to provide what the Clintons got in addition to the salary.
What are you ranting about now?

Just proving you wrong. The President's salary would put him in a group that the left calls the 1%. I didn't think you'd understand. That's either because you choose not to or you're too stupid to do so.
again I repeat,
What are you ranting about?

The salary is $400,000/year out of which nothing comes to pay for everything else they get. Interesting you say that is little money yet those that Liberals want to tax more because they say those folks aren't paying a fair share make less than that AND have to provide what the Clintons got in addition to the salary.
What are you ranting about now?

Just proving you wrong. The President's salary would put him in a group that the left calls the 1%. I didn't think you'd understand. That's either because you choose not to or you're too stupid to do so.
again I repeat,
What are you ranting about?

You cleared it up. You're too stupid to understand.

No I wouldn't. It would be a monetary trade-off for personal satisfaction. Your example sort of fits what I'll be doing in January when I retire early from my 6 figure income job to take a 60% cut to do volunteer work.

Plus who says Trump will be taking any pay cut?

The presidency pays about 400K a year, do you really believe Trump makes less than that with all the businesses he has? Remember, Hillary said she and her husband left the White House broke.
They weren't rich when they left the WH. That is for sure. Any money the Clintons made came when either of them was out of public service

DGS49 SAID: ↑
Donald Trump has NOTHING to gain by running for, or being, President.

---

Trump’s economic advisers are also his biggest donors

After spending months scolding his rivals for being beholden to their financial backers, Donald Trump unveiled an economic advisory council this week — and filled it with some of his biggest donors.

Of the 13 men — and they were all men — that Trump touted as economic advisers for their “unparalleled experience and success,” five are major donors whose families combined to give Trump’s campaign and his joint fundraising account with the Republican Party more than $2 million. Two more have been pursued for campaign contributions.

-------

The next day, I called sources at the four banks I knew had large Trump exposures. The first three calls yielded “no comment,” but the fourth hit pay dirt, and I was invited to visit the bank late that afternoon.

Behind a large mahogany desk sat the bank’s chief lending officer. He explained that all of the banks would have to agree to a huge restructuring of Mr. Trump’s loans or Mr. Trump would have to declare personal bankruptcy. Unknown to the banks when each had lent him money, Mr. Trump ended up personally guaranteeing a staggering $830 million of loans, which was reckless of him, but even more so for the banks.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/07/opinion/sunday/trump-the-bad-bad-businessman.html?_r=0

-----------

Yes, Voters Care About Donald Trump's Tax Returns

Voters Really Want to See Donald Trump's Tax Returns

-----------------

Warren Buffet

--------------

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/02/us/politics/hillary-clinton-nebraska.html

Mr. Buffett harshly criticized Mr. Trump for claiming that he had made “sacrifices” by building buildings and working hard, an argument he made after Khizr Khan, the Muslim father of an Army captain killed in Iraq, said during a speech at the Democratic convention, that Mr. Trump had “sacrificed nothing” for the country.

Mr. Buffett said he, like Mr. Trump, had made a lot of money. “I have not sacrificed,” he told the rally.

“How in the world can you stand up to a couple of parents who lost a son and talk about sacrificing because you were building a bunch of buildings?”

Mr. Buffett quoted a famous rejoinder to Senator Joseph McCarthy during his 1950s anti-Communist hearings: “Have you no sense of decency, sir?

DONALD TRUMP is NOT even in the same league with these guys.

"I could be the first presidential candidate to run and make money on it." - Dopey Donald Trump

DGS49 SAID: ↑
Donald Trump has NOTHING to gain by running for, or being, President.

---

Trump’s economic advisers are also his biggest donors

After spending months scolding his rivals for being beholden to their financial backers, Donald Trump unveiled an economic advisory council this week — and filled it with some of his biggest donors.

Of the 13 men — and they were all men — that Trump touted as economic advisers for their “unparalleled experience and success,” five are major donors whose families combined to give Trump’s campaign and his joint fundraising account with the Republican Party more than $2 million. Two more have been pursued for campaign contributions.

-------

The next day, I called sources at the four banks I knew had large Trump exposures. The first three calls yielded “no comment,” but the fourth hit pay dirt, and I was invited to visit the bank late that afternoon.

Behind a large mahogany desk sat the bank’s chief lending officer. He explained that all of the banks would have to agree to a huge restructuring of Mr. Trump’s loans or Mr. Trump would have to declare personal bankruptcy. Unknown to the banks when each had lent him money, Mr. Trump ended up personally guaranteeing a staggering $830 million of loans, which was reckless of him, but even more so for the banks.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/07/opinion/sunday/trump-the-bad-bad-businessman.html?_r=0

-----------

Yes, Voters Care About Donald Trump's Tax Returns

Voters Really Want to See Donald Trump's Tax Returns

-----------------

Warren Buffet

--------------

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/02/us/politics/hillary-clinton-nebraska.html

Mr. Buffett harshly criticized Mr. Trump for claiming that he had made “sacrifices” by building buildings and working hard, an argument he made after Khizr Khan, the Muslim father of an Army captain killed in Iraq, said during a speech at the Democratic convention, that Mr. Trump had “sacrificed nothing” for the country.

Mr. Buffett said he, like Mr. Trump, had made a lot of money. “I have not sacrificed,” he told the rally.

“How in the world can you stand up to a couple of parents who lost a son and talk about sacrificing because you were building a bunch of buildings?”

Mr. Buffett quoted a famous rejoinder to Senator Joseph McCarthy during his 1950s anti-Communist hearings: “Have you no sense of decency, sir?

DONALD TRUMP is NOT even in the same league with these guys.

"I could be the first presidential candidate to run and make money on it." - Dopey Donald Trump

Hillary claims Bill and I were "dead broke" when they left the White House.

They weren't rich when they left the WH. That is for sure. Any money the Clintons made came when either of them was out of public service

Hillary Clinton: We not only left the White House dead broke, but were in debt as well:

ust proving you wrong. The President's salary would put him in a group that the left calls the 1%. I didn't think you'd understand. That's either because you choose not to or you're too stupid to do so.

At the time, the presidential salary was in the 250K a year range. Then you have to remember it was rent/ mortgage free, no automobile payments or insurance, no travel expenses.

Even with those expenses, if you paid me that kind of money for four years, I would be living on easy street for the rest of my life.

ust proving you wrong. The President's salary would put him in a group that the left calls the 1%. I didn't think you'd understand. That's either because you choose not to or you're too stupid to do so.

At the time, the presidential salary was in the 250K a year range. Then you have to remember it was rent/ mortgage free, no automobile payments or insurance, no travel expenses.

Even with those expenses, if you paid me that kind of money for four years, I would be living on easy street for the rest of my life.

I read several years ago the list of benefits that the President gets for being President. The total of all benefits, without the salary counted was equated to what it would cost a corporation to provide the same to a CEO. It was over $10 million/year. I think Clinton's salary was $200K and it didn't go to $400K until Bush43. Either way, if you don't have to pay for living expenses, etc. out of that $200K, that amount has the ability to provide a lot more than if you do.

The presidency pays about 400K a year, do you really believe Trump makes less than that with all the businesses he has? Remember, Hillary said she and her husband left the White House broke.

No, that's not it. I'm just saying I haven't saw anything to indicate that he would be giving up his present income and would think the Presidency would enhance greatly the $3 billion value he placed on his "Trump" brand. With his news conference in Scotland a month ago he told that his kids did the work and that would continue. It wouldn't be like Pete Rozelle suspending Joe Namath until he unloaded his holding in Bachelor's III. Heck Trump has to be as rich as JFK was and JFK was able to donate all his political career income to charity. Do you consider that a sacrifice?

I do not believe most Americans look for free shit from the government

Some do surely but not most.

As far as sacrifice goes why the fuck should anyone sacrifice anything for country? You just happened to be born on this particular patch of dirt it's not like you had a choice in the matter.

All that is required of anyone is they obey the laws of the land in which they choose to live and that is all.

images

What would you fight for?

A shit hole like Venezuela, Kenya, or some other country, has become where you are guaranteed few if any rights?

*****SMILE*****

:)

As far as sacrifice goes why the fuck should anyone sacrifice anything for country? You just happened to be born on this particular patch of dirt it's not like you had a choice in the matter.

All that is required of anyone is they obey the laws of the land in which they choose to live and that is all.

images

A shit hole like Venezuela, Kenya, or some other country, has become where you are guaranteed few if any rights?

*****SMILE*****

This country isn't the same country as when Lee Greenwood wrote that song.

images

*****SMILE*****

The country hasn't been the same since a black guy was elected President

They havent.......they just make tons.of money in the govt.....
Actually, the facts are the Clintons made little money while employed in government service

They had free room and board, free air and ground transportation and were waited on hand and foot as Governor of Arkansas.. Throw in $400,000 and expenses for 8 years in the White House and they did pretty good.

Someone ran the numbers several years ago and determined that while the salary for President is $400,000, the benefits of being President would cost that person over 10 million dollars/year is they had to provide the same things to themselves.

upload_2016-8-7_12-37-3.jpeg

I bet it's a lot higher than that.

How much does it cost to transport his circus around the world for these important face to face conferences that he should be able to do by teleconference?

Every time he takes his circus somewhere in AF1 it costs millions.

*****SMILE*****

I pay taxes, but that's no "sacrifice" because it is required by law.

I went into the military service for three years and served 18 months in Vietnam. Was that a "sacrifice"? Not for me, actually. I needed a break from the world to get my head right. I came out with money in the bank, a pile of maturity, the GI bill, and my life was better for the experience and even the tangibles I got.

If my adult son joins the Marine Corps and gets killed overseas, what is my "sacrifice"?

Nothing.

It is a LOSS, certainly, but a sacrifice is something that YOU give up voluntarily. You cannot give up the life of an adult son. That is HIS sacrifice, not yours.

Most Americans sacrifice nothing for their country. In fact, they look to their Country to give them free stuff. Free education, college grants and loans, welfare, housing assistance, food stamps, subsidized flood insurance, a "cake"job with good pay, fantastic benefits and only a little bit of work to do (I've been there, so don't tell me I don't know what I'm talking about).

Politicians like to think that they are making a sacrifice by entering into "Public Service," but for most of them, it is simply a way to feed their egos, adopt a lifestyle they like, and pretend to be benefitting their fellow Americans. If a successful businessman takes a 90% pay cut and walks away from a successful business in order to run for and hold a public office, THAT IS A SACRIFICE. If he spends millions on his own campaign - in an attempt to do something good for the overall society - then those millions are also a sacrifice.

What has HRC or Barry ever sacrificed for their country?

Not a fucking thing. they used government employment to enrich themselves and feed their enormous egos. Not that there's anything wrong with that; most politicians are the same, but I really don't want to hear about most of them being public servants and sacrificing for the country. it's all BS.
Good post. The only thing I'll add is that the heads of our corporatocracy are even worse than the politicians. They belong to a supra-national group beholden to no country and have convinced a large segment of our population that it is their responsibility to maximize profit at the expense of all else.

Given that, it is incomprehensible why anyone would give their lives in this modern age defending such a system.

images

*****SMILE*****

You know if I could have served in WII I would have but every "war" since then has been unjust and unnecessary we now use war as a tool in games of brinkmanship and brave men and women like my Dad are used as pawns their lives thrown away by fucking politicians for political ends.

images

*****SMILE*****

The country hasn't been the same since a black guy was elected President

Yeah you always bring up race........we don't like commies....no matter the color

Forum List

Back