🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

"Sacrifice" for your country

Lots of you in this thread have said that the military has sacrificed nothing in their service to this nation.

Got news for you...................many have sacrificed, and they have done so at the level of not being able to be there for the birth of their children, not being there when they take their first steps, or, on the other side, not knowing if their spouse is going to meet them on the pier, or not knowing if they will stay married (I went through that one), as well as being told every six months in their briefings of military rights and responsibilities that they only have about 25 percent of the rights that most civilians enjoy.

Yeah...................I sacrificed, and was happy to do it, even though it cost me not being able to see my boys (2 of them) take their first steps, get their first girlfriends, or even cost me a marriage to the woman who bore me those two sons, because she couldn't handle the separation that my job demanded.

Trump has sacrificed nothing, but every person serving in the military (or their families) have.

I will argue with you...while I despise neocons, I have an utter hatred for the leftard clown posse of sniveling pussies. So, what topic ( as it pertains to the world scene ) do you wish to discuss????
One question: Do you believe Hillary Clinton is a leftist?

She is a globalist that does not believe in a nation's sovereignty. She believes in the "two class approach".....one being the serfs and the other being the ruling class.....do I need to expound further? Do you believe that she is just "left of center"???

There isn't a leading Democrat or Republican who "does not believe in a nation's sovereignty"

goodbye

I will argue with you...while I despise neocons, I have an utter hatred for the leftard clown posse of sniveling pussies. So, what topic ( as it pertains to the world scene ) do you wish to discuss????
One question: Do you believe Hillary Clinton is a leftist?

She is a globalist that does not believe in a nation's sovereignty. She believes in the "two class approach".....one being the serfs and the other being the ruling class.....do I need to expound further? Do you believe that she is just "left of center"???

There isn't a leading Democrat or Republican who "does not believe in a nation's sovereignty"

goodbye

Wanna bet? I have their own words and that is the most damning evidence of all.........don't be a pussy. Here is an opportunity for you to take advantage of the thousands of hours I have spent vetting information.

I pay taxes, but that's no "sacrifice" because it is required by law.

I went into the military service for three years and served 18 months in Vietnam. Was that a "sacrifice"? Not for me, actually. I needed a break from the world to get my head right. I came out with money in the bank, a pile of maturity, the GI bill, and my life was better for the experience and even the tangibles I got.

If my adult son joins the Marine Corps and gets killed overseas, what is my "sacrifice"?

Nothing.

It is a LOSS, certainly, but a sacrifice is something that YOU give up voluntarily. You cannot give up the life of an adult son. That is HIS sacrifice, not yours.

Most Americans sacrifice nothing for their country. In fact, they look to their Country to give them free stuff. Free education, college grants and loans, welfare, housing assistance, food stamps, subsidized flood insurance, a "cake"job with good pay, fantastic benefits and only a little bit of work to do (I've been there, so don't tell me I don't know what I'm talking about).

Politicians like to think that they are making a sacrifice by entering into "Public Service," but for most of them, it is simply a way to feed their egos, adopt a lifestyle they like, and pretend to be benefitting their fellow Americans. If a successful businessman takes a 90% pay cut and walks away from a successful business in order to run for and hold a public office, THAT IS A SACRIFICE. If he spends millions on his own campaign - in an attempt to do something good for the overall society - then those millions are also a sacrifice.

What has HRC or Barry ever sacrificed for their country?

Not a fucking thing. they used government employment to enrich themselves and feed their enormous egos. Not that there's anything wrong with that; most politicians are the same, but I really don't want to hear about most of them being public servants and sacrificing for the country. it's all BS.

A Bill of Rights assumes that people have the right to this or that. It should be a Bill of Rights and Responsibilities, which also tells people what their responsibilities towards society are.

Lots of you in this thread have said that the military has sacrificed nothing in their service to this nation.

Got news for you...................many have sacrificed, and they have done so at the level of not being able to be there for the birth of their children, not being there when they take their first steps, or, on the other side, not knowing if their spouse is going to meet them on the pier, or not knowing if they will stay married (I went through that one), as well as being told every six months in their briefings of military rights and responsibilities that they only have about 25 percent of the rights that most civilians enjoy.

Yeah...................I sacrificed, and was happy to do it, even though it cost me not being able to see my boys (2 of them) take their first steps, get their first girlfriends, or even cost me a marriage to the woman who bore me those two sons, because she couldn't handle the separation that my job demanded.

Trump has sacrificed nothing, but every person serving in the military (or their families) have.

Would you have joined the military if you knew that you were simply serving on behalf of a massive corporation that is USA.INC?Ever read the General Smedley Butler's book "War Is A Racket"? I appreciate those that joined up as much as the next guy but I have a real problem with those like you that lamely attempt to "lord over" those that didn't wish to go to a foreign country and kill people in 3rd world countries that had/have resources that the multi-national corporations covet that are owned by international bankers that own USA.INC. I have found via my research that it always happens in resource rich countries that lack the ability to fend off the military industrial complex....do you wish to refute my claims? Our military has been used as a hammer, while non-compliant countries have been the nails.... our youngest and bravest have been used as mere cannon fodder. I will GLADLY and BRAVELY do my part to defend the borders of this country with my life but blowing away people whose country got in the cross hairs of USA.INC? Well, you can count me out and I wouldn't be bragging about being a part of an operation that oppressed someone weaker and was the non-aggressor....but that's just me.

I pay taxes, but that's no "sacrifice" because it is required by law.

I went into the military service for three years and served 18 months in Vietnam. Was that a "sacrifice"? Not for me, actually. I needed a break from the world to get my head right. I came out with money in the bank, a pile of maturity, the GI bill, and my life was better for the experience and even the tangibles I got.

If my adult son joins the Marine Corps and gets killed overseas, what is my "sacrifice"?

Nothing.

It is a LOSS, certainly, but a sacrifice is something that YOU give up voluntarily. You cannot give up the life of an adult son. That is HIS sacrifice, not yours.

Most Americans sacrifice nothing for their country. In fact, they look to their Country to give them free stuff. Free education, college grants and loans, welfare, housing assistance, food stamps, subsidized flood insurance, a "cake"job with good pay, fantastic benefits and only a little bit of work to do (I've been there, so don't tell me I don't know what I'm talking about).

Politicians like to think that they are making a sacrifice by entering into "Public Service," but for most of them, it is simply a way to feed their egos, adopt a lifestyle they like, and pretend to be benefitting their fellow Americans. If a successful businessman takes a 90% pay cut and walks away from a successful business in order to run for and hold a public office, THAT IS A SACRIFICE. If he spends millions on his own campaign - in an attempt to do something good for the overall society - then those millions are also a sacrifice.

What has HRC or Barry ever sacrificed for their country?

Not a fucking thing. they used government employment to enrich themselves and feed their enormous egos. Not that there's anything wrong with that; most politicians are the same, but I really don't want to hear about most of them being public servants and sacrificing for the country. it's all BS.
I do not believe most Americans look for free shit from the government

Some do surely but not most.

As far as sacrifice goes why the fuck should anyone sacrifice anything for country? You just happened to be born on this particular patch of dirt it's not like you had a choice in the matter.

All that is required of anyone is they obey the laws of the land in which they choose to live and that is all.

goodbye

Wanna bet? I have their own words and that is the most damning evidence of all.........don't be a pussy. Here is an opportunity for you to take advantage of the thousands of hours I have spent vetting information.

You vet information?

So politicians aren't making any sacrifice but Trump is making a sacrifice by becoming a politician. Yeah, that makes sense.

If you believed that some company badly needed your help, and took a job with them at less than one-tenth what you were making at your current job, would you consider that a sacrifice?

Your generalizations about 'financial benefit' are one thing. Trump is power hungry and he is a poor rich man. He is a trust fund baby who not only believes he hit a triple after being born on third base, he insists he hit a triple, and will and has sued anyone and everyone who claims otherwise.

If power corrupts, so does celebrity. We see it all the time. You appear to portray Trump as some kind of god-like figure -- so above you and your kind, so wise, so altruistic. :laugh2:

Hillary Clinton, like Barack Obama, was a young lawyer who straight out of school could have asked her price. Instead she took some time off and volunteered. Volunteered. She went into public service which offers no guarantees of 'financial benefit'

DJT has never had an altruistic thought in his whole pathetic lifetime. He success was built on his daddy co-signing all of his early adventures. That is a fact

Sounds to me like you're not associated with many successful people.

I've seen companies get run into the ground and closed down because the owner got too old or died, and left his successful company to one or more of his children. I worked for a few of those companies as well.

There are books written of people that hit the lottery big time, and ended up being broke or in debt within a few years. I knew one of those people through work. Her husband played the lottery with a few other coworkers, and they hit for over 50 mil. She danced out of her place of employment laughing and all giddy how she will never have to work another day for the rest of her life. She was back a year later asking for her job back.

No doubt people like Trump had a birth advantage, but having money doesn't make you successful, you have to work with that money to maintain success or to be more successful. It still takes a lot of work and a lot of experience.

From what I've read of Hillary, she didn't do any volunteer work. She went right from college to being a staff attorney for a charity group, but was well paid. she got into politics very early on because that's where the money and power are. She didn't marry Bill because he was the cutest guy on the block.

I love conservatives . Suddenly military service is no sacrifice ? You phonies will turn a 180 at the drop of a hat .

Obama could've lived an easy wealthy life at some big law firm . Instead he opted to help the community and enter public service.

Has Trump EVER done anything to help his fellow Americans ? Does he have an altruistic bone in his body ??

Donald Trump: Charity Work & Causes - Look to the Stars

Sad part is Obama, like most Liberals, thinks doing something you have to do like paying taxes is charity and compassion.

They havent.......they just make tons.of money in the govt.....
Actually, the facts are the Clintons made little money while employed in government service

They had free room and board, free air and ground transportation and were waited on hand and foot as Governor of Arkansas.. Throw in $400,000 and expenses for 8 years in the White House and they did pretty good.

Someone ran the numbers several years ago and determined that while the salary for President is $400,000, the benefits of being President would cost that person over 10 million dollars/year is they had to provide the same things to themselves.

They havent.......they just make tons.of money in the govt.....
Actually, the facts are the Clintons made little money while employed in government service

The salary is $400,000/year out of which nothing comes to pay for everything else they get. Interesting you say that is little money yet those that Liberals want to tax more because they say those folks aren't paying a fair share make less than that AND have to provide what the Clintons got in addition to the salary.

If you believed that some company badly needed your help, and took a job with them at less than one-tenth what you were making at your current job, would you consider that a sacrifice?

No I wouldn't. It would be a monetary trade-off for personal satisfaction. Your example sort of fits what I'll be doing in January when I retire early from my 6 figure income job to take a 60% cut to do volunteer work.

Plus who says Trump will be taking any pay cut?

Donald Trump has NOTHING to gain by running for, or being, President. He is in the latter stages of his life, and could easily live the rest of his life in unimaginable luxury without a care in the world. Or he could be "making deals" which is his love and his passion.

But he saw that the Political Class is screwing the American public and telling us a lot of bullshit stories to back it up. We are IMPORTING poor, uneducated, non-contributing people from around the world - mainly Mexico and south - while politicians in both parties are telling us that "there's nothing we can do about it." Democrats like HRC WANT TO MAKE THEM VOTING CITIZENS AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, AND DON'T EVEN DENY THAT! Our politicians are creating huge incentives for industrialists to export jobs overseas and to hide their money in tax havens. And again, "There's nothing we can do about it." They are pushing us toward Socialized Medicine, when very few people in the country actually want that.

Trump could have picked one of the many qualified Republican candidates and supported the hell out of him to try to make him president - running against the worst Democrat candidate in our lifetime. But instead he chose to walk away from his businesses, spend a ton of his own money, work his ass off on the campaign trail, subject himself to constant scrutiny and ridicule from a totally compromised Press, in order to try to make America a little bit better place.

Whether you agree with his political inclinations or not, or whether you think the America he wants to promote would even "be a better place," you cannot deny that Trump has sacrificed a great deal to get to this position.

Unless you are a typical Democrat who has never been responsibly employed or given the matter any serious, logical thought.

Sounds to me like you're not associated with many successful people.

I've seen companies get run into the ground and closed down because the owner got too old or died, and left his successful company to one or more of his children. I worked for a few of those companies as well.

There are books written of people that hit the lottery big time, and ended up being broke or in debt within a few years. I knew one of those people through work. Her husband played the lottery with a few other coworkers, and they hit for over 50 mil. She danced out of her place of employment laughing and all giddy how she will never have to work another day for the rest of her life. She was back a year later asking for her job back.

No doubt people like Trump had a birth advantage, but having money doesn't make you successful, you have to work with that money to maintain success or to be more successful. It still takes a lot of work and a lot of experience.

From what I've read of Hillary, she didn't do any volunteer work. She went right from college to being a staff attorney for a charity group, but was well paid. she got into politics very early on because that's where the money and power are. She didn't marry Bill because he was the cutest guy on the block.

Sounds to me like you're spinning so fast, you must be auditioning for a job at Laundromats of America

The next day, I called sources at the four banks I knew had large Trump exposures. The first three calls yielded “no comment,” but the fourth hit pay dirt, and I was invited to visit the bank late that afternoon.

Behind a large mahogany desk sat the bank’s chief lending officer. He explained that all of the banks would have to agree to a huge restructuring of Mr. Trump’s loans or Mr. Trump would have to declare personal bankruptcy. Unknown to the banks when each had lent him money, Mr. Trump ended up personally guaranteeing a staggering $830 million of loans, which was reckless of him, but even more so for the banks.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/07/opinion/sunday/trump-the-bad-bad-businessman.html?_r=0

The salary is $400,000/year out of which nothing comes to pay for everything else they get. Interesting you say that is little money yet those that Liberals want to tax more because they say those folks aren't paying a fair share make less than that AND have to provide what the Clintons got in addition to the salary.
What are you ranting about now?

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/02/us/politics/hillary-clinton-nebraska.html

Mr. Buffett harshly criticized Mr. Trump for claiming that he had made “sacrifices” by building buildings and working hard, an argument he made after Khizr Khan, the Muslim father of an Army captain killed in Iraq, said during a speech at the Democratic convention, that Mr. Trump had “sacrificed nothing” for the country.

Mr. Buffett said he, like Mr. Trump, had made a lot of money. “I have not sacrificed,” he told the rally.

“How in the world can you stand up to a couple of parents who lost a son and talk about sacrificing because you were building a bunch of buildings?”

Mr. Buffett quoted a famous rejoinder to Senator Joseph McCarthy during his 1950s anti-Communist hearings: “Have you no sense of decency, sir?

DONALD TRUMP is NOT even in the same league with these guys.

"I could be the first presidential candidate to run and make money on it." - Dopey Donald Trump

No I wouldn't. It would be a monetary trade-off for personal satisfaction. Your example sort of fits what I'll be doing in January when I retire early from my 6 figure income job to take a 60% cut to do volunteer work.

Plus who says Trump will be taking any pay cut?

The presidency pays about 400K a year, do you really believe Trump makes less than that with all the businesses he has? Remember, Hillary said she and her husband left the White House broke.

What are you ranting about now?

Just proving you wrong. The President's salary would put him in a group that the left calls the 1%. I didn't think you'd understand. That's either because you choose not to or you're too stupid to do so.

Forum List

Back