Sad true on the tax bill

With all the fake news out there we will need to wait until we pay our taxes in April to figure out if it is a good deal or not. Me personally I could either drop from 25% to 12% or I could remain at 25% and actually pay more.

Tax law is confusing and this bill, despite the rhetoric, hasn’t made it simpler.

If you listen to the left then only the 1% at the top will get a tax break (even though the top 1% remains at 39.5% and loses deductions). If you listen to the right then everyone across the globe (yes even peasants in China) will get a tax decrease (even though many people will remain at the same bracket, which under this bill equates to more tax dollar being paid).

Again I will wait until tax time to see what happens.

This is a make and break moment for Trump. No big legislation will come before 2018. 2018 is supposed to be a big year for the GOP in the senate. If people do not see tax decreases in April, the Democrats win big. They probably won’t take the senate, but they will take the House.

I just want to pay less taxes!

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Nobody said on;y the 1% would get a tax break. Only that the 1% would get the large majority of the tax breaks, and theirs will be permanent while ours expire in a few years. When that happens, we will pay more than now.

Trump is still claiming he'll pay more, lol.
I predict that the Democrats will lose seats in the House and the Senate.

When you criticize Donald Trump, please recall that he DONATES his salary back to the government, That is $400,000 a year.

Trump donates third-quarter salary to HHS opioid efforts

More than made up for by his free advertising for Mar-a-Lago. What would any other resort be willing to pay the president to call their resort the Winter White House?
Mar-a-Lago is a private club with a waiting list. It needs not advertisement. You are full of hatred for Trump.

With all the fake news out there we will need to wait until we pay our taxes in April to figure out if it is a good deal or not. Me personally I could either drop from 25% to 12% or I could remain at 25% and actually pay more.

Tax law is confusing and this bill, despite the rhetoric, hasn’t made it simpler.

If you listen to the left then only the 1% at the top will get a tax break (even though the top 1% remains at 39.5% and loses deductions). If you listen to the right then everyone across the globe (yes even peasants in China) will get a tax decrease (even though many people will remain at the same bracket, which under this bill equates to more tax dollar being paid).

This is a make and break moment for Trump. No big legislation will come before 2018. 2018 is supposed to be a big year for the GOP in the senate. If people do not see tax decreases in April, the Democrats win big. They probably won’t take the senate, but they will take the House.

Nobody said on;y the 1% would get a tax break. Only that the 1% would get the large majority of the tax breaks, and theirs will be permanent while ours expire in a few years. When that happens, we will pay more than now.

When you criticize Donald Trump, please recall that he DONATES his salary back to the government, That is $400,000 a year.

More than made up for by his free advertising for Mar-a-Lago. What would any other resort be willing to pay the president to call their resort the Winter White House?
Mar-a-Lago is a private club with a waiting list. It needs not advertisement. You are full of hatred for Trump.

Yes,and the fees for that club have skyrocketed and the waiting list got much longer.

Why don't you explain to the class why the individual rates expire? Do you even have a small clue?

Because extending individual tax cuts along with the giveaways to the rich would increase thee deficit to more than 1.5 trillion. As it is, the giveaways with limited individual tax cuts increase the deficit to 1.414 trillion. They don't mind exploding the deficit, but only for giveaways to the rich.

Close but no cigar, senate rules on reconciliation require it, if 10 commiecrats would have voted for the bill all cuts could have been made permanent. The Bush tax cuts were extended twice before they were made permanent.

The sunsetting individual tax cuts were included in the bill so it complies with Senate rules that legislation can be passed with a simple majority only if it doesn't drive up the deficit 10 years after passage.

Analysis | Republicans explain why their tax cuts are temporary, but not really temporary

lol, so if the Democrats were Republicans, this tax bill would have gotten more votes.

goddam that's loony.

Why don't you explain to the class why the individual rates expire? Do you even have a small clue?

Because extending individual tax cuts along with the giveaways to the rich would increase thee deficit to more than 1.5 trillion. As it is, the giveaways with limited individual tax cuts increase the deficit to 1.414 trillion. They don't mind exploding the deficit, but only for giveaways to the rich.

Close but no cigar, senate rules on reconciliation require it, if 10 commiecrats would have voted for the bill all cuts could have been made permanent. The Bush tax cuts were extended twice before they were made permanent.

The sunsetting individual tax cuts were included in the bill so it complies with Senate rules that legislation can be passed with a simple majority only if it doesn't drive up the deficit 10 years after passage.

Analysis | Republicans explain why their tax cuts are temporary, but not really temporary

lol, so if the Democrats were Republicans, this tax bill would have gotten more votes.

goddam that's loony.

Only a real moron would make such an assumption. Maybe you should change the name of your party to Assumptions-R-Us.

Yes,and the fees for that club have skyrocketed and the waiting list got much longer.
...which does not change the fact that advertisement is not needed. Trump is an attention magnet, whether he is praised or denigrated. His attackers know this well. That is part of their motive for attacking him. They get their name in print...especially in the MSM tabloids.

...which does not change the fact that advertisement is not needed. Trump is an attention magnet, whether he is praised or denigrated. His attackers know this well. That is part of their motive for attacking him. They get their name in print...especially in the MSM tabloids.

It proves he is using the presidency to make a personal fortune.for himself.

It proves he is using the presidency to make a personal fortune.for himself.
This is truly laughable. You have him confused with the Clinton Crime Family and their fake foundation.

I think most of the break comes in the child credits and standard deductions, its what the poor and middle class use the most.
The hike would only effect people who itemize and are effected by the reduced deductions.
Most people don't itemize so it wont effect them, but the standard deduction and child credits will, big time.

Forum List

Back