Salt is worse than you thought.

Salt and sugar are the two most common ingredients in processed foods in the USA.
If you only eat processed foods, then there's a HUGE change you eat a hell of a lot more salt and sugar on a daily basis than you are supposed to.

And no, they DO NOT have to list it on the label if they don't want to, as these are basic "organic" ingredients. Especially if it's 5% or less of the products ingredient level.

I only eat salt on potato products.

I use powdered herb and veggie mixtures to use instead of salt.
Use lots of pepper and garlic powder as well.
Most processed products list sodium and sugar in mg and percent of RDA.

Health freaks have warned about the dangers of the overuse of salt for decades, albeit without providing much science in this regard. The late health guru Paul C. Bragg went on at length about salt suggesting that too much salt negatively affects just about every tissue in the body.
Too little salt also negatively affects every tissue in the body.

Common table salt is sodium chloride. (NaCl)

Both sodium and chloride are essential electrolytes. By "essential", I mean that you will fucking die if you do not get them in your diet.

Last edited:
The population of America is over 300 million individual people, so you're kinda painting with an extremely broad brush, so to speak.
Sodium deficiency is common in older folks, especially those with certain medical conditions. Athletes may occasionally experience deficiency as well. However, most people either have sufficient sodium or way too much.

Last edited:
I went a year with ultra reducing my salt intake and now I finished off a bottle of garlic salt by myself over the last few weeks. I dont feel any different. I eat a lot less processed prepackaged foods than I did before and all those overproduced foodstuffs are loaded with salts and sugars. The key to losing my weight was cutting salt and sugar.

Forum List

Back