🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Sam Clovis said to be 'cooperative witness' in Senate Russia probe

1056386438.jpg

Manafort, Gates Indicted on 12 Counts, Including Conspiracy Against US Manafort, Gates Indicted on 12 Counts, Including Conspiracy Against US

For freaking tax evasion.

Not to mention, he hasn't been convicted of anything.

Sam Clovis' nomination to the top scientific job at the Agriculture Department has already drawn significant opposition from Democrats and scientists.

Sam Clovis, President Donald Trump’s controversial nominee to be the Agriculture Department’s chief scientist, has been “a fully cooperative witness” in the Senate Intelligence Committee’s investigation of Russian interference in the 2016 election, Senate Agriculture Chairman Pat Roberts told POLITICO.

Clovis, a former co-chair and policy adviser to Trump’s campaign, knew that another campaign adviser, George Papadopoulos, was talking to Russians, according to documents released Monday as part of special counsel Robert Mueller’s probe and campaign and administration officials.

Papadopoulos was arrested in late July and pleaded guilty to a charge that he made false statements to the FBI about his contact with a professor who has ties to the Kremlin and promised thousands of pages of emails related to Hillary Clinton.

Meanwhile, NBC News reported Tuesday that Clovis has been questioned by Mueller's team and has testified before Mueller's grand jury.

Clovis’ nomination to the top scientific job at the Agriculture Department has already drawn significant opposition from Democrats and scientists who have raised concerns about his climate-change skepticism, his credentials and his history of making disparaging statements about blacks, women, LGBT individuals and others. But there's been no public opposition from Republicans.

More: Clovis said to be 'cooperative witness' in Senate Russia probe

So, Clovis has already been questioned by Mueller's team and has testified before Mueller's grand jury. That should send shock waves through the White House. I expect we'll be hearing more about Sam Clovis.

So a person they can’t pretend they don’t really know or someone they can claim (lie about) has/had a “limited role”.

Not to mention, he hasn't been convicted of anything.

Just a public service reminder:

Manafort, Trump, all Trump's surrogates, all his supporters for months claimed that there was "no contact with Russia". Not collusion, contact.

Well since that was obviously not true, what else are they not being truthful about? Maybe the benefits of their tax reform? Maybe the benefits of the Muslim Travel Ban? Maybe the benefits of deregulation? Maybe everything that comes out of their mouths?

"That’s serious stuff, no doubt, but it isn’t anything close to treason. Nothing in the indictment indicates that Manafort and Gates colluded with Russia in order to sway the election."

Because that's what the Papadopolous plea is all about.

yup, CC, the net closes. Collusion against the USA in political elections with a foreign power and its agents is categorized as Conspiracy against the US.

You don't have a clue what you are talking about. Neither Gates or Manafort have any charges against them past 2014. And one more time, collusion is not a crime.
You are in over your head. I will trust Mueller, not a Trump homer.

^ Jake Starkey, Republican and Progressive First Responder

"That’s serious stuff, no doubt, but it isn’t anything close to treason. Nothing in the indictment indicates that Manafort and Gates colluded with Russia in order to sway the election."

Because that's what the Papadopolous plea is all about.

Pffffft. Bit player who wanted to climb the ladder. Collusion by itself is not a crime. BUT and here's where Mueller now has a big f'n problem is that the DNC and the Clinton campaign bought a phony dossier to sway the election.

Paid money to foreign agents via Fusion GPS. And Campaign finance laws were broken. It's going to get real hot in Muellers kitchen.

Pffffft. Bit player who wanted to climb the ladder.

Not a bit player, a "great guy" (quote from Trump) who was picked by Trump as a foreign policy adviser, sat in National Security meetings with Trump, and was in constant contact with Clovis, Manafort, and Lewandowski (at least). He didn't climb the ladder...he was boosted to the top of it by Trump.

Collusion by itself is not a crime. BUT and here's where Mueller now has a big f'n problem is that the DNC and the Clinton campaign bought a phony dossier to sway the election.

Collusion may or may not be a crime, but lying to the FBI about collusion with Russia sure as shit is.

Remember: You all were saying for months that Trump had no contact with Russia at all. Turns out he did. So the tinydancer from 2016 was either lying or duped. So what's the excuse for tinydancer circa 2017?

So you've gone from denying he had contact with Russia, to denying that contact was collusion, to denying that collusion wasn't illegal.

So you changed your position twice. Why the fuck should anyone believe anything you people say?

Why can't you just tell the truth?

Pffffft. Bit player who wanted to climb the ladder.

Not a bit player, a "great guy" (quote from Trump) who was picked by Trump as a foreign policy adviser, sat in National Security meetings with Trump, and was in constant contact with Clovis, Manafort, and Lewandowski (at least). He didn't climb the ladder...he was boosted to the top of it by Trump.

Collusion by itself is not a crime. BUT and here's where Mueller now has a big f'n problem is that the DNC and the Clinton campaign bought a phony dossier to sway the election.

Collusion may or may not be a crime, but lying to the FBI about collusion with Russia sure as shit is.

Remember: You all were saying for months that Trump had no contact with Russia at all. Turns out he did. So the tinydancer from 2016 was either lying or duped. So what's the excuse for tinydancer circa 2017?

So you've gone from denying he had contact with Russia, to denying that contact was collusion, to denying that collusion wasn't illegal.

So you changed your position twice. Why the fuck should anyone believe anything you people say?

Why can't you just tell the truth?

I never worried about contact with Russians and I never denied that any of the Trump team had met with Russians. AND I was never worried about collusion. Because collusion isn't a crime.

I never worried about contact with Russians .

Of course not, because you're willing to sacrifice any principles you have just to "win". In case it's not clear, I am saying you have no integrity.

and I never denied that any of the Trump team had met with Russians.

But Trump did. And his surrogates and supporters have been spamming the boards for months claiming no one on his team did. That wasn't true, was it?

So why would Trump lie about it, then? What's the reason? I don't see the reason why he would have to lie about contacts with Russia, yet he did anyway. Is he just a compulsive liar? He was sitting in the room when Papadopolous said he could set up a meeting between Putin and Trump. Was Trump just not in his head during that meeting? Did his conscious mind leave his body and travel the astral plane? Was Trump even there, or was it a look-a-like or a robot? You see how there's a lot of unanswered (and unanswerable) questions there? Wanna take a stab at any of them?

AND I was never worried about collusion. Because collusion isn't a crime.

Of course not because you're willing to sacrifice any principles you have just to "win". Having no integrity makes reconciling hideous stuff way easier, I'm sure.

All these characters weren't part of the Trump campaign. They worked at Starbucks and delivered coffee once in a while.

Yeah, that's it.

Oh. One more thing:

B-b-b-b-but Clinton!

I never worried about contact with Russians .

Of course not, because you're willing to sacrifice any principles you have just to "win". In case it's not clear, I am saying you have no integrity.

and I never denied that any of the Trump team had met with Russians.

But Trump did. And his surrogates and supporters have been spamming the boards for months claiming no one on his team did. That wasn't true, was it?

So why would Trump lie about it, then? What's the reason? I don't see the reason why he would have to lie about contacts with Russia, yet he did anyway. Is he just a compulsive liar? He was sitting in the room when Papadopolous said he could set up a meeting between Putin and Trump. Was Trump just not in his head during that meeting? Did his conscious mind leave his body and travel the astral plane? Was Trump even there, or was it a look-a-like or a robot? You see how there's a lot of unanswered (and unanswerable) questions there? Wanna take a stab at any of them?

AND I was never worried about collusion. Because collusion isn't a crime.

Of course not because you're willing to sacrifice any principles you have just to "win". Having no integrity makes reconciling hideous stuff way easier, I'm sure.

First off about contact. gentlemen like Sessions didn't deny having contact with the Russian ambassador for example, but they denied having contact with Russians regarding the campaign.

And as far as principles go anyone on this planet who could back Hillary and the DNC and paying for the phony fairy tale dossier cannot claim the high road to judge anyone else.

So fuck off about integrity. AND I'd like to point out as compared to Russia, we in the west are far more guilty of meddling. We just fucking get rulers killed or overthrown or worse yet back terrorists to take out a regime like Assads.

Oh there's integrity right there. Backing the arming of ISIS and AQ and causing hundreds of thousands of deaths and injuries and refugees.

BUT and here's where Mueller now has a big f'n problem is that the DNC and the Clinton campaign bought a phony dossier to sway the election.

Paid money to foreign agents via Fusion GPS. And Campaign finance laws were broken. It's going to get real hot in Muellers kitchen.

If the Clinton campaign paid for it, why didn't they ever use it?

How did they try to sway the election, if they never mentioned the dossier.

We know Trump mentioned wikileaks dozens if not hundreds of times, Trump asked the Russians to get Hillary's emails, and we know Trump made the russian stolen emails a staple of his campaign strategy.

BUT and here's where Mueller now has a big f'n problem is that the DNC and the Clinton campaign bought a phony dossier to sway the election.

If the Clinton campaign paid for it, why didn't they ever use it?

How did they try to sway the election, if they never mentioned the dossier.

We know Trump mentioned wikileaks dozens if not hundreds of times, Trump asked the Russians to get Hillary's emails, and we know Trump made the russian stolen emails a staple of his campaign strategy.

They used it via their surrogates Fusion GPS. All on record. Meetings with the press. Spreading the dossier around. All coming out in the civil trials for defamation and libel. Those are the cases to pay attention to. Big. Very big.

ETA: btw these cases are going to rope in John McCain as well. I can't wait to see what happens to him.

First off about contact. gentlemen like Sessions didn't deny having contact with the Russian ambassador for example, but they denied having contact with Russians regarding the campaign.

And they lied about that, as Papdopolous said. And no, Trump said very plainly his campaign had "no contact with Russia". So that was a lie, right? We are agreed on that point. And yes, at first even Sessions denied meeting with Russians. And when did Sessions meet with the Russian Ambassador? At the RNC. And what was the RNC? A campaign event where Trump formally got the nomination. So you expect us to believe that Sessions and Kislyak met and discussed, what, Russian nesting dolls? "Adoption"? And of course there was definitely contact regarding the campaign...Trump Jr. arranged a meeting at Trump tower with that Russian spy and about a half dozen other campaign officials. Including Manafort and Kushner.

So you keep lying and I'm not sure why.

And as far as principles go anyone on this planet who could back Hillary and the DNC and paying for the phony fairy tale dossier cannot claim the high road to judge anyone else.

First of all, the FBI has corroborated a lot from that Dossier. Secondly, your attempt to deflect to Hillary Clinton -who isn't even President or in elected office and carries no influence in this at all- just shows your lack of integrity for standing behind Trump and his cronies, even after they played you for a fool. Now you're reduced to saying it doesn't bother you that Russians had influence in the campaign of the guy you voted for. So yeah...no principles...no integrity...no patriotism...just a compulsion to "win" vicariously through Trump because you're a loser in your personal life.

So fuck off about integrity. AND I'd like to point out as compared to Russia, we in the west are far more guilty of meddling. We just fucking get rulers killed or overthrown or worse yet back terrorists to take out a regime like Assads.

Wow...so now I'm convinced you're a Russian troll impersonating an American on Facebook. "Whataboutism" is a tactic that has its roots in the KGB and is employed by the ex-KGB strongman, and your loving idol, Vladimir Putin. A man you were willing to sell out your integrity and principles for, just so you could vicariously "win" something for once in your shitty fucking life.

Oh there's integrity right there. Backing the arming of ISIS and AQ and causing hundreds of thousands of deaths and injuries and refugees.

ISIS wouldn't exist if you shitheads hadn't invaded Iraq. If you shitheads hadn't disbanded the Iraqi Army. If you shitheads hadn't criminalized the Ba'athist Party. If you shitheads hadn't installed a Shi'ite as PM. If you shitheads hadn't stood by dumbly as that PM ethnically cleansed Baghdad. If you shitheads hadn't turned a blind eye to the Syrian drought. No. ISIS is entirely, 100% on you. That stain will never go away. The dreadful invasion of Iraq, that you supported full-throat, will hang over you for the rest of your shitty life. You can lie to yourself all you want, but the fact is that you were duped like a moron, having your fear played on by Bush, to invade and then occupy a country that had nothing to do with 9/11 and posed no threat to us.

You have to live with that for the rest of your life. Maybe you can, since you clearly lack any integrity, principles, or a conscience. But I guess that's what makes you a sociopath!

Forum List

Back