Same bullshit, different decade: What members of the gay rights movement could learn from history

Let me put this into terms a liberal could understand:

Person A to Gay Couple A: "I can't cater your wedding, because of my religious beliefs."

Gay Couple A to Person A: Fine, we'll go somewhere else.

That is an example of how a gay couple could exercise tolerance in the face of perceived intolerance.

Person B to Gay Couple B: I can't cater your wedding because of my religious beliefs.

Gay Couple B to Person B: You're a bigot, and if you don't violate your beliefs to cater us, we'll sue you for everything you have. Our wedding is more important than your beliefs.

This is an example of how a gay couple would exercise intolerance in the face of perceived intolerance.

Starting to see the picture here? Only one set of ways and beliefs are acceptable here, the ones that involve outright capitulation.

Yea, I see the picture...as long as liberals and gays embrace the rights bigotry, discrimination and dehumanizing, the right will be quiet and just continue to spread their vile hatred, something that is as anti- Christian as it gets.
No, all they have to do is go elsewhere to someone who is happy catering to them. Is that so hard?
All you want to do is impose your beliefs on others. All we want to do is be left alone.

Person A to Gay Couple A: "I can't cater your wedding, because of my religious beliefs."

That is an example of how a gay couple could exercise tolerance in the face of perceived intolerance.

Person B to Gay Couple B: I can't cater your wedding because of my religious beliefs.

Gay Couple B to Person B: You're a bigot, and if you don't violate your beliefs to cater us, we'll sue you for everything you have. Our wedding is more important than your beliefs.

This is an example of how a gay couple would exercise intolerance in the face of perceived intolerance.

Starting to see the picture here? Only one set of ways and beliefs are acceptable here, the ones that involve outright capitulation.

Yea, I see the picture...as long as liberals and gays embrace the rights bigotry, discrimination and dehumanizing, the right will be quiet and just continue to spread their vile hatred, something that is as anti- Christian as it gets.
No, all they have to do is go elsewhere to someone who is happy catering to them. Is that so hard?
All you want to do is impose your beliefs on others. All we want to do is be left alone.

That is not how it works...

AGAIN....as long as liberals and gays embrace the rights bigotry, discrimination and dehumanizing, the right will be quiet and just continue to spread their vile hatred, something that is as anti- Christian as it gets.

Restaurant owner to negro........We don't serve n*ggers here
Negro........Yes sir, I'll eat somewhere else

What is your problem with that?

Yea, all they have to do is go elsewhere...where did we see and hear that before...

184-big-1-1234458395.gif

So a Jew can just go somewhere else?
So a handicapped person can just go somewhere else?
So a woman can just go somewhere else?
So a black person can just go somewhere else?

Brilliant summation. :clap: :bowdown:

AGAIN....as long as liberals and gays embrace the rights bigotry, discrimination and dehumanizing, the right will be quiet and just continue to spread their vile hatred, something that is as anti- Christian as it gets.
LOL! That's not how it works because you can't stand the idea that someone with an idea different from yours has the right to it.
But yeah that is how it works. If I go to a baker and he tells me "I dont deal with Jews" I tell him to go fuck himself. And the last thing I want to do is give him my money. Thats how normal people act.

None. Althogh the Negro should have told him where to put the blue plate special before leaving.

Yea, all they have to do is go elsewhere...where did we see and hear that before...

184-big-1-1234458395.gif

Of course that's not how it works. Because leftists are the least tolerant people in the US. All you have to do is say, "You're bad and mean, and therefore that makes it okay to suppress you and make you conform, because I'm FIGHTING EEEEVIL!"

So a Jew can just go somewhere else?
So a handicapped person can just go somewhere else?
So a woman can just go somewhere else?
So a black person can just go somewhere else?
Rabbi thinks they will be happier with their own kind

184-big-1-1234458395.gif

Of course that's not how it works. Because leftists are the least tolerant people in the US. All you have to do is say, "You're bad and mean, and therefore that makes it okay to suppress you and make you conform, because I'm FIGHTING EEEEVIL!"
Freak'n lefties

Always sticking their nose in your business and stopping you from discriminating

None. Althogh the Negro should have told him where to put the blue plate special before leaving.

I never thought you would have a problem with that

That is the America you love

What difference does it make as long as the poor are taken care of?

Which Poor are you talking about; the State's poor that get cell phones and big screen TVs after the bloated bureaucracy and union cronies have been paid out or the poor you meet directly in the street or read about around the world that are truly starving. Who should get that money first, according to Jesus?

Has no one informed the extreme right that they don't make small screen TV's anymore and that no one uses landlines either?

The poor got them newfangled microwave ovens and VCRs too

What else could they want from life?

My money is that Jesus will side with me on giving money to someone who needs food vs. a State funded TV and cell phone.

I can assure you that Jesus woud not side with you when it comes to helpig those who need help

Jesus would be very proud of a state that is concerned for its people

You are so sure that Jesus would not side with me if I chose to give directly to someone in need of food, water, shelter vs. the State? You are sure about that??

184-big-1-1234458395.gif

One itty-bitty little problem. Blacks couldn't go anywhere. Segregation was so widespread blacks had NOWHERE TO GO, as opposed to gays, who have plenty of options to choose from elsewhere and other places they could go. See the flaw in your logic? See what happens when you start comparing gay rights and race?

Brilliant summation. :clap: :bowdown:

And to think, I'm doing all of this on my phone, with no internet in the house at the moment.

184-big-1-1234458395.gif

One itty-bitty little problem. Blacks couldn't go anywhere. Segregation was so widespread blacks had NOWHERE TO GO, as opposed to gays, who have plenty of options to choose from elsewhere and other places they could go. See the flaw in your logic? See what happens when you start comparing gay rights and race?

Blacks had their own neighborhoods for chrissakes. They had their own schools. WTF are you talking about.

Yes. That's the way it is. You're in the wrong country if you think discrimination should be legal.

You might think religion holds the moral high ground and thus deserves special privileges. It doesn't.

184-big-1-1234458395.gif

It has nothing to do with being 'bad and mean,' it has to do with being ignorant and wrong, which applies to you and others on the right whining about being compelled to 'conform' when nothing could be further from the truth.

You and others on the right are at liberty to discriminate, hate, and practice your bigotry with impunity, no one seeks to compel you to do otherwise.

And you exhibit your ignorance when complaining about public accommodations laws, which are necessary, proper, and Constitutional regulatory policy authorized by the Commerce Clause, regulatory policy no different than any other such policy, which applies to business owners serving the general public, ensuring the integrity of the local market and all other interrelated markets, having nothing whatsoever to do with 'compelling conformity.'

Forum List

Back