Same bullshit, different decade: What members of the gay rights movement could learn from history

The poor got them newfangled microwave ovens and VCRs too

What else could they want from life?

My money is that Jesus will side with me on giving money to someone who needs food vs. a State funded TV and cell phone.

I can assure you that Jesus woud not side with you when it comes to helpig those who need help

Jesus would be very proud of a state that is concerned for its people

You are so sure that Jesus would not side with me if I chose to give directly to someone in need of food, water, shelter vs. the State? You are sure about that??

I have faith that Jesus would support any means that helps the poor.....Regardless of the source
I think Jesus would have gone to Bob Jones University.

I think Jesus would have skipped college and gone into the Peace Corp. Either that or opened his own winery. All he'd need was a steady supply of tap water.

jesus-was-here-wine-on-water-aisle.jpg

My money is that Jesus will side with me on giving money to someone who needs food vs. a State funded TV and cell phone.

I can assure you that Jesus woud not side with you when it comes to helpig those who need help

You are so sure that Jesus would not side with me if I chose to give directly to someone in need of food, water, shelter vs. the State? You are sure about that??

I have faith that Jesus would support any means that helps the poor.....Regardless of the source

For their policies on interracial dating?

Remind me where Jesus talked about desegregation.

He told us to love our neighbor and love one another. This, with 'love god' was his great commandment.

Segregation isn't a superb historic example of 'loving your neighbor.' But treating your neighbor like shit.

Notre Dame has a better football team

So good they are a little dickish about it. I remember a Notre Dame v BYU game where the Notre Dame fans lifted signs reading 'Want to know which Church is true? Look at the scoreboard".

That's just mean.

So good they are a little dickish about it. I remember a Notre Dame v BYU game where the Notre Dame fans lifted signs reading 'Want to know which Church is true? Look at the scoreboard".

That's just mean.

Might be mean...but it was funny

He told us to love our neighbor and love one another. This, with 'love god' was his great commandment.

Segregation isn't a superb historic example of 'loving your neighbor.' But treating your neighbor like shit.
Only if your neighbor is a different race from you. If all my neighbors are white and I"m white then not so much.
So that looks like a big ole fail.

Only if your neighbor is a different race from you.

There were no 'only ifs' in 'As I have loved you, love one another'.

The parable of the good Samaritan.

He didn't...guess that's the point Bob Jones was making. They were sure Jesus would have opposed desegregation.

He didn't...guess that's the point Bob Jones was making. They were sure Jesus would have opposed desegregation.
Maybe they are right. I have no idea.

Should we excuse a murderer because he only killed one person?

You're desperate. Should we excuse all those abortion clinics, who slaughter millions of unborn children because they are "giving women a choice?"

Discrimination is wrong, regardless of how widespread or narrow.

You don't understand one bit what religious devotion is all about, do you? It's something some of us Christians take seriously. And when you try to break our devotion to our faith and to God, you cross a line. Yes, yes, I can already hear you crying "discrimination crosses a line too!" and all that, but when you rob a man of his devotion, you rob him of his purpose. Some of us choose to devote our lives to Christ through our works, in this case, through entrepreneurship.

"Whatever you do, do your work heartily, as for the Lord rather than for men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the reward of the inheritance. It is the Lord Christ whom you serve."

Colossians 3:23-24

So your charges of "discrimination" are nonsense.

Last edited:

You're desperate. Should we excuse all those abortion clinics, who slaughter hundreds of millions of unborn children because they are "giving women a choice?"

Discrimination is wrong, regardless of how widespread or narrow.

You don't understand one bit what religious devotion is all about, do you? It's something some of us Christians take seriously. And when you try to break our devotion to our faith and to God, you cross a line. Yes, yes, I can already hear you crying "discrimination crosses a line too!" and all that, but when you rob a man of his devotion, you rob him of his purpose. Some of us choose to devote our lives to Christ through our works, in this case, through entrepreneurship.

"Whatever you do, do your work heartily, as for the Lord rather than for men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the reward of the inheritance. It is the Lord Christ whom you serve."

Colossians 3:23-24

So your charges of "discrimination" are nonsense.

The 1st commandment says thou shalt have no other gods before me.

That is a command from the God of the Bible that no other religions can be tolerated.

Reconcile that with the Constitution.

You're desperate. Should we excuse all those abortion clinics, who slaughter hundreds of millions of unborn children because they are "giving women a choice?"

[.

You want anti-abortion Christians to be given the right to punish women for having abortions, despite those women having the right to a legal abortion under US law?

How would that work?

yea, we need to embrace the ignorant grunts in America

And lets embrace the fact that you keep making my point, by referring to us as "ignorant grunts" you demonstrate your own intolerance of OUR beliefs, while accosting us for THOSE VERY SAME beliefs as "intolerant" or "discriminatory."

This is where you get off. You are not only intolerant, you are a hypocrite.

You're confused...I tolerate you ignorant grunts. But being tolerant doesn't mean I support your ignorance, will ever be silent or subservient to your ignorance by telling people to just "go somewhere else" for service they have the constitutional right to receive.

And lets embrace the fact that you keep making my point, by referring to us as "ignorant grunts" you demonstrate your own intolerance of OUR beliefs, while accosting us for THOSE VERY SAME beliefs as "intolerant" or "discriminatory."

You're confused...I tolerate you ignorant grunts. But being tolerant doesn't mean I support your ignorance, will ever be silent or subservient to your ignorance by telling people to just "go somewhere else" for service they have the constitutional right to receive.
There is no constitutional right of service by private business.
you fail. And you're stupid.

There are Public Accomodation laws for fifty years now

What have you ACTIVELY done to repeal PA laws?

Forum List

Back