🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Same Sex Marriage - law of the land

I just wanna know if our conservative politicians are going to deal with this in stride & move on to other issues of importance to the nation OR are they going to further damage their brand by bitching & whining endlessly about this topic as the upcoming election season approaches?

Taxes, unfair trade, international policy, jobs, race relations, unrest within liberal cities....
Plenty that needs to be addressed that actually affects everyone

I have to say, this decision surprised me in its width of relief to the gay folk. We had three large decisions come down. Obamacare was a no brainer. To rule against the law would have been to issue a political rather than legal opinion. The Fair Housing Act is to me the most interesting, in that plaintiffs may no longer be able to show a violation of housing law simply by statistics, and it gives local govt more power to effectuate legitimate policy like urban renewal. And this, which to me is simply a political decision taking from states their power to define marriage. It was one thing to say states have to give equal protection in terms of govt benefits or estate planning or whatever. But this one is big. I'm not shocked, but on legal grounds, I'm with the dissents. (Well, I didn't read Thomas's, but I'm good with Roberts and Scalias. Alito's didn't seem to add much, imo.)

Health Care.

Marriage equality.

We are taking our country back from the American Taliban (tea party).

No. You've killed thus country in the last 24 hours. I can say with certainty that my great grandparents would NEVER have com to THIS country in 1900. I don't believe the other side of my family would have come HERE in the 1600's.

The AMERICA I was taught to believe in is DEAD. I will not defend this nation. I will not support this nation. I will not claim this as my nation.

Health Care.

Marriage equality.

No. You've killed thus country in the last 24 hours. I can say with certainty that my great grandparents would NEVER have com to THIS country in 1900. I don't believe the other side of my family would have come HERE in the 1600's.

The AMERICA I was taught to believe in is DEAD. I will not defend this nation. I will not support this nation. I will not claim this as my nation.[/QUOT
Health Care.

Marriage equality.

The AMERICA I was taught to believe in is DEAD. I will not defend this nation. I will not support this nation. I will not claim this as my nation.

The door is open in the land of the free for you to relocate to another country anytime. Being free and able to start a new life is why my Great Grandfather came to America, this is why thousands risk their life and many die trying to come in illegally . I am sorry that you feel this way.

Health Care.

Marriage equality.

If your great grandparent had not come, this country would be that much better.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

The door is open in the land of the free for you to relocate to another country anytime. Being free and able to start a new life is why my Great Grandfather came to America, this is why thousands risk their life and many die trying to come in illegally . I am sorry that you feel this way.

I've been working on relocation for several years. As of yet I've not been able to make it happen for several reasons. Hopefully that will change soon.

The ones coming these days are part of the reason this nation has died.

I am a man without a country and probably always will be from here on out.

From Politico

Supreme Court legalizes gay marriage - POLITICO

An Historic 5-4 Decision that under the Equal Protection Clause, Gays/Lesbians have the same Right To Marry that my wife I had when we were married 22-years ago.

This is an important Brown v Board, Roe v Wade and Loving v Virginia.

As stated in a post yesterday, I have called my next door neighbors, a Lesbian Couple and taking them out for a Champagne Brunch in Mill Valley. Marie and Oma are two very lovely Women and very caring parents of two month old daughter Susana.

Gay/Lesbian Marriage is legal and valid. A Same Sex in California is legal and binding in the State of Texas.

DOMA is Dead.

DADT is Dead.

I know the haters will continue to hate, it is after all the only thing they have left.

Hetrosexual Marriage is not now, nor has it ever been threatened by Same Sex Marriage.

This decision makes Same Sex valid in all Fifty (50) States.

This is a great day for our Country.
God hasn't voted yet.

I just wanna know if our conservative politicians are going to deal with this in stride & move on to other issues of importance to the nation OR are they going to further damage their brand by bitching & whining endlessly about this topic as the upcoming election season approaches?

Their new campaign slogan should be....... BULLETS NOT BALLOTS!!!!!!

all this will do: Is states will stop performing marriage

so who wins? the federal government. AND we the people LOSE

WAY TO GO YOU ALL WON won won won

Fat chance. I am sure a few states will stomp their feet and shout at the rain but at the end of day they can't do shit to stop it, save a Constitutional amendment. Good luck that with!

Same sex couples can pretend to be married...the majority of the people will not buy the lie.

A majority of the people already support gay marriage and that number skyrockets the younger you go. Most people don't care if two dude or two chicks get hitched.

Because you can no longer discriminate, you are going to stop marriage all together? Go fuck yourself, sore loser.

I've been working on relocation for several years. As of yet I've not been able to make it happen for several reasons. Hopefully that will change soon.

The ones coming these days are part of the reason this nation has died.

I am a man without a country and probably always will be from here on out.
This certainly is a changed world actually, as a young girl I never thought of the dangers the children now have to face. I feel no matter where you go you are going to have disagreements, greed, and problems. I hope the best for you.

From Politico

Supreme Court legalizes gay marriage - POLITICO

An Historic 5-4 Decision that under the Equal Protection Clause, Gays/Lesbians have the same Right To Marry that my wife I had when we were married 22-years ago.

This is an important Brown v Board, Roe v Wade and Loving v Virginia.

As stated in a post yesterday, I have called my next door neighbors, a Lesbian Couple and taking them out for a Champagne Brunch in Mill Valley. Marie and Oma are two very lovely Women and very caring parents of two month old daughter Susana.

Gay/Lesbian Marriage is legal and valid. A Same Sex in California is legal and binding in the State of Texas.

DOMA is Dead.

DADT is Dead.

I know the haters will continue to hate, it is after all the only thing they have left.

Hetrosexual Marriage is not now, nor has it ever been threatened by Same Sex Marriage.

This decision makes Same Sex valid in all Fifty (50) States.

This is a great day for our Country.
God hasn't voted yet.

Does not really matter in any way.

One, I do not accept or believe in any form of Monotheistic Male-God Head. No such being exists.

Two, I am not now, nor have I ever been a Christian.

Three, The United States does not, under our Constitution recognize a singluar State Sponsored, State Sanctioned, State Mandated Religion.

Religion is mentioned Two (02) Times and Two (02) Times only the Constitution of the United States of America.

Article VI.

"No religious test shall ever be required as a qualification for any office or trust over the United States"

First Amendment.

"Congress Shall Make No Law

Four, Who the hell cares.

As of today, in this country Gays/Lesbians have the same rights to marriage as Hetrosexual Couples.

Forum List

Back