🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Same sex marriage OR RELIGIOUS FREEDOM

It's an incremental step toward dismantling religion. Churches will be forced to marry homosexuals or be shut down.
Yup, that day is coming. Many of us will be alive to see it.

Agreed. A constitutional convention is a must.
Blacksand says they will no longer be tax exempt, which is true. More immediately.

Being taxed will shut some of them down. Ultimately, any that still refuse to officiate gay weddings will be required to shut down (by decree or by penalty).

You don't even understand, churches won't be forced to hold marriages.
You can't actually believe what you're post says, that's fear mongering and idiocy.
Tell that to the bakers and photographers who were sued for not bowing to the radical homosexual agenda.

They violated state PA laws. If your religion makes it impossible to do your job, find another job.

Church isn't job or a business. It's a protected non profit under the constitution to practice it's religion. It accepts donations not charges a members fee. You are what is wrong with a democracy not what is right.

The bakers and photographers in question weren't a church or a non-profit. But for profit businesses. Remember, you don't have the slightest clue what you're talking about.

Churches aren't businesses. And are explicity exempt from PA laws. Nixing your entire premise.
Then explain the recent ruling in favor of hobby lobby ? People business owners have regiohousr beliefs that are just as valued as anyone else's.

So, SCOTUS just Ruled that gays have a right to marry. Then Hobby Lobby found that some people have a right to object to PA laws that attempt to force them into participating in that "gay right to marry"...

...and I'm the ONLY one who sees these two legal freight trains careening towards each other on a single set of legal tracks eh? Should be fun watching the gymnastics in the next inevitable Ruling. There's only one of two ways this can end up:

1. Gays "right" to marry is conditional and different from hetero/monogamous marriage rights or

2. The 1st Amendment no longer is valid.

Either way, I wouldn't want to be in Kennedy's shoes..

You don't even understand, churches won't be forced to hold marriages.
You can't actually believe what you're post says, that's fear mongering and idiocy.
Tell that to the bakers and photographers who were sued for not bowing to the radical homosexual agenda.

They violated state PA laws. If your religion makes it impossible to do your job, find another job.

Church isn't job or a business. It's a protected non profit under the constitution to practice it's religion. It accepts donations not charges a members fee. You are what is wrong with a democracy not what is right.

The bakers and photographers in question weren't a church or a non-profit. But for profit businesses. Remember, you don't have the slightest clue what you're talking about.

Churches aren't businesses. And are explicity exempt from PA laws. Nixing your entire premise.
Then explain the recent ruling in favor of hobby lobby ? People business owners have regiohousr beliefs that are just as valued as anyone else's.

So, SCOTUS just Ruled that gays have a right to marry. Then Hobby Lobby found that some people have a right to object to PA laws that attempt to force them into participating in that "gay right to marry"...

...and I'm the ONLY one who sees these two legal freight trains careening towards each other on a single set of legal tracks eh? Should be fun watching the gymnastics in the next inevitable Ruling. There's only one of two ways this can end up:

1. Gays "right" to marry is conditional and different from hetero/monogamous marriage rights or

2. The 1st Amendment no longer is valid.

Either way, I wouldn't want to be in Kennedy's shoes..

Exactly.

It's an incremental step toward dismantling religion. Churches will be forced to marry homosexuals or be shut down.

Blacksand says they will no longer be tax exempt, which is true. More immediately.

Being taxed will shut some of them down. Ultimately, any that still refuse to officiate gay weddings will be required to shut down (by decree or by penalty).

The last time I saw so many sour grapes was when Obama was elected. And NeoClowns said THERE WILL BE ANOTHER TERROR ATTACK ON AMERICAN SOIL. Okay, I'll let you get back to your fear mongering.

You want debate, then go on to insult. Most of what you say makes no sense. But the insult means I won't respond to you any further.

Turning over a new leaf are you? Or is it good for the goose but not for the gander?

Meanwhile, I notice you gave no substantive rebuttal to my post. Let me know when you're ready dear.. Tell the readers here how bakers, florists and photographers are getting sucker punched in court already, but we're supposed to sit safe and secure in the 1st Amendment?

Bonus points for predicting what Kennedy's opinion's going to be when, and not if, the "gay sex cult vs Christians" case makes it to SCOTUS? LOVE to hear your rendition of that one. :lmao: Wanna parse it out or keep sulking so you can divert that you have no legitimate rebuttal to my solid points?

I'll give you a hint "Hobby Lobby".. which makes yesterday's Ruling proof that our Supreme Court has the collective legal acumen of a turnip. Did they not ancitipate that those two semi trucks going opposite directions on a one lane narrow road would eventually collide?

Like I said, if your argument needs an insult, I'm not going to reply to it. It's simple. You choose to act in a manner that befits a naughty kid, then fine, you do that, just don't bother replying to me.

So I'm ready when you're willing to do something without insulting.

The last time I saw so many sour grapes was when Obama was elected. And NeoClowns said THERE WILL BE ANOTHER TERROR ATTACK ON AMERICAN SOIL. Okay, I'll let you get back to your fear mongering.
Most on the right have gone completely loony-tunes; some should actually seek out mental health treatment.

Blacksand is an idiot, as are you.

It is not true that churches will lose their tax-exempt status; you and most others on the right have become delusional nitwits.

Take your pick. This is the decision that the Supreme Court just forced itself to hvae to make in the future by ruling same sex marriage as a right equal to freedom of religion, speech and protest as stated in the 1st amendment or if you will the 1st bill of rights. It should have NEVER listened to this case for THIS exact reason. Period.

Why is it "either/or"?

No one is forcing someone to marry a person of the same sex.

Religious freedom and the fundamental right of marriage can co-exist if people stop with the hysteria.

Religious rational was used to prohibit interracial marriage. Should Loving v Loving have been rejected by the Supreme Court?

This thread should be bookmarked for future reference. Even Supreme Court justices foretell a bleak future; Justice Scalia called Obergefell “a threat to democracy.”

Liberals are either naïve or duplicitous. Likely, a little of both.

Same sex marriage and religious freedom could co-exist just fine, if there were not so many intolerant narcissists in both groups.

Well let's parse that out. How many Christians are suing gays to stay away from their businesses, many of which sport the Christian logos or fish signs to let customers know what their beliefs are? Zero.

How many gays are suing Christians to bend to the cult of LGBT? SCORES of them. So, we can see which ilk has the rabid agenda and which is quietly tolerant. Just say it. The cult of LGBT are the aggressive ones forcing others into their belief system.

14448531803_27e1e70f91_b.jpg

2014 Baltimore Maryland Gay Pride Parade

Forum List

Back