San Fransico Raises Min-wage to $15. Results in THIS:

It shows they get paid gross amounts and get to cheat the tax man.
Explain how these people are "cheating" the tax man...
Who is the "tax man"?
Who is responsible for creating the US Tax Code?

they aren't paying the higher income tax even though they are actually receiving a huge income.

:lmao: To be honest you would have to change your Screen Name to "Brain-Dead."

That is funny given how I schooled you yesterday.

:lmao: Brain-dead & delusional! That's quite a combo.

Sure lets talk about who's on a board, need the link again? You clearly don't know what you are talking about.

Taking care of their workers is subsidizing government? Either the government or employers are going to take care of people. I prefer it be employers. I would give company's tax breaks if they pay well and hire here in the states.[/QUOTE
You're mixing issues here.
Lets get this straight some 60% of US workers are employed by small business. Focus on the cost to smaller operators and owners.

So you want small business to pay very little and then have workers on welfare? That increases government dependence.

I don't know about you but I want loony lefties to stop promoting the idea that a part-time job as a clerk is a "career" that should support a family of 8 and I want bleeding-heart libs to stop pretending the rest of us are somehow required to pay for others poor choices. Keeping them down may serve the party-of-gov't-freebies but doesn't serve America.

Then get the job creators to do that and pay a decent wage. Otherwise look forward to more government dependence.

Although you spew that silliness like it's your job, gov't mandated higher wages or welfare are not the only 2 alternatives. Since you seem to believe it's so easy, why not get off your lazy duff, start a biz, and overpay and "take care of" your employees to your heart's content (or until you run out of money).

How do you know I am not already? Again you talk out of your ass.

["saintmichaeldefendthem, post: 12277804, member: 52097"].
Welfare and food stamps were never meant for people who work.
Especially our military.[/QUOTE]
Those were the days when you could earn enough to feed your family and provide them a decent lifestyle. With or without government subsidies, most families today can't afford to payoff debts, put their kids through college, own a home, have regular dental care, or save for retirement. When I was a kid, over 50 years ago, we owned our home, took a vacation every year, saw dentist every 6 months, always had a fairly new car, never had any major debt other than our mortgage. My dad was a assistant manger in a hardware store and mother taught 3rd grade. My parents put 3 of us through college and we had no big college loans.

Those were the days when you could earn enough to feed your family and provide them a decent lifestyle. With or without government subsidies, most families today can't afford to payoff debts, put their kids through college, own a home, have regular dental care, or save for retirement. When I was a kid, over 50 years ago, we owned our home, took a vacation every year, saw dentist every 6 months, always had a fairly new car, never had any major debt other than our mortgage. My dad was a assistant manger in a hardware store and mother taught 3rd grade. My parents put 3 of us through college and we had no big college loans.

That generalization that just doesn't hold water. Millions of US households - especially 2 full-time income households - still do all you've listed but this isn't the 1960s. With demand for college seats increasing, supply & demand forces have driven tuition increases much faster than the inflation rate, with schools now grabbing a bigger slice of your pie.

That generalization that just doesn't hold water. Millions of US households - especially 2 full-time income households - still do all you've listed but this isn't the 1960s. With demand for college seats increasing, supply & demand forces have driven tuition increases much faster than the inflation rate, with schools now grabbing a bigger slice of your pie.
I don't know. I look at my parents and how their family lived and my kids family and how they live. It seems like my parents didn't have to work as hard to provide for the family. However, what really stands out is that almost all my classmates were in same shape financially. Sure there were rich kids but damn few. About half of my granddaughter's classmates are on food stamps, ride the bus each day, and spend their summers working or hanging around the house. Most of the rest of them drive a car to school or mom picks them up. And when school starts they talk about their trips to Europe, and fabulous camps they attended. It's really a whole different world today for kids.

I don't know. I look at my parents and how their family lived and my kids family and how they live. It seems like my parents didn't have to work as hard to provide for the family. However, what really stands out is that almost all my classmates were in same shape financially. Sure there were rich kids but damn few. About half of my granddaughter's classmates are on food stamps, ride the bus each day, and spend their summers working or hanging around the house. Most of the rest of them drive a car to school or mom picks them up. And when school starts they talk about their trips to Europe, and fabulous camps they attended. It's really a whole different world today for kids.

Indeed! Technology has made their lives far richer and far more efficient than ours was but as you must by now realize, your slice-of-life generalization ("With or without government subsidies, most families today can't afford to payoff debts, put their kids through college, own a home, have regular dental care, or save for retirement") is just a slice of your life, your observations ... not necessarily of life in America today.

Indeed! Technology has made their lives far richer and far more efficient than ours was but as you must by now realize, your slice-of-life generalization ("With or without government subsidies, most families today can't afford to payoff debts, put their kids through college, own a home, have regular dental care, or save for retirement") is just a slice of your life, your observations ... not necessarily of life in America today.
I realize that my comments don't apply to everyone but I believe they do apply to a your segment of the population. It's not about technology or even the improvement in life styles over years. It's about a person's relative financial status within the peer group. If most all your classmates are just as poor as you are, then you perceive your situation as normal. However, when we throw into the mix a large number that seems to have everything compared to you, then your perception changes and not for the good.

Nonsense! The sufficiency of employer wages is not determined by who gets welfare. Employers pay based on how much money is in the industry and how much people will pay for their product or service.

You deluded Leftists think you can name a salary and the money for it just magically appears. It's because you people are like large children that you have no idea how market forces work. I can flip burgers like any fast food worker, but how many of them can drive a big rig like me? How many are willing to endure many nights away from home?

People who want to be paid more need to work harder and gain skills that pay better. Crying like the little selfish brats you are because Burger King won't pay you more is just idiotic.

That isn't reality. Reality is if employers don't pay enough, then government will take care of them. Have you noticed our government grows with inequality?
Wrong. What I posted about market forces IS reality.

Walmart pays very little so employees collect welfare. Government grows, rich collect corporate welfare. That is reality. This is one reason our economy is so stagnant.
That's another bullshit talking point.

It is reality.
A reality created by the left wing. Their own reality. One in which they choose to immerse themselves to further a political agenda.

Lets just say what the typical stock option compensated person pays in cap gains taxes in a year is more than you will pay in your lifetime.
None of which is relevant to this discussion.

Yes capital gains are taxed less than income. Thank you.
As well they should be. Again, this presentation by you is irrelevant.

Who is the "tax man"?

they aren't paying the higher income tax even though they are actually receiving a huge income.
And I will ask you once again.....How is that cheating? And whom is being cheated?
Who or what is the tax man?
Who is responsible for writing the US Tax Code?
Just answer the questions...No rhetoric. No Deflections. No dodging responses.
BTW genius, "they" EARN their income. They don't "receive" income. And it is none of your business what a private entity pays its employees.

San Fransico Raises Min-wage to $15.

hey that is great news, now a no frills 1/8th lb. burger with bun will cost $5.99, with condiments, which once were free will cost another $4.99, if you want a slab of cheese on it, that will be $3.99 extra, if you want fries and a drink.., total will be $39.95...., oooh, if you want a straw in that drink add another $1.99....., one more thing there will be a toll gate to exit.., $0.99

don'tcha just love liberfool logic = stupidity. :lmao:

As well they should be. Again, this presentation by you is irrelevant.

Who is the "tax man"?

:lmao: To be honest you would have to change your Screen Name to "Brain-Dead."

That is funny given how I schooled you yesterday.
Dude...You haven't a scintilla of what it takes to school anyone.
Only your liberal elitism allows you to pat yourself on the back....Keep trying to impress yourself

At that point employers, mostly small business end up subsidizing government TWICE....Through taxation and again through forced government wages. This will squeeze small business into a corner where tjhey will have to make adjustments which will invariably have an adverse effect on jobs and the labor market.

Taking care of their workers is subsidizing government? Either the government or employers are going to take care of people. I prefer it be employers. I would give company's tax breaks if they pay well and hire here in the states.[/QUOTE
You're mixing issues here.
Lets get this straight some 60% of US workers are employed by small business. Focus on the cost to smaller operators and owners.

So you want small business to pay very little and then have workers on welfare? That increases government dependence.

I don't know about you but I want loony lefties to stop promoting the idea that a part-time job as a clerk is a "career" that should support a family of 8 and I want bleeding-heart libs to stop pretending the rest of us are somehow required to pay for others poor choices. Keeping them down may serve the party-of-gov't-freebies but doesn't serve America.

Then get the job creators to do that and pay a decent wage. Otherwise look forward to more government dependence.
You continue ot revert back to the same lib talking points.
Tell ya what. How about you go ahead and start a business. Pay your employees whatever you like. Ignore the prevailing market rates for labor. See how long your business lasts. Get back to us. Until you do that, you don't get to say "pay a decent wage"....Because you can't define what is a "decent wage".

So to the naysayers, have you been complaining about the folks on food stamps who are making low wages?
You can't have it both ways, ya know!
No...Wanting both ways is when one makes zero effort to improve their education or skills then demands they be paid higher wages.

Spoon, did I anything about wanting it both ways? Nope.
Not that long ago, companies used to provide training to their employees to upgrade their skills, that was back when companies used to invest in their employees.
So now a low paid employee must find funds to pay for training to upgrade their skills. When they are making minimum wage, that can be quite tricky, no?
I see the GOP wants to cut funding for training programs. Well, that just adds another wall for those who want to better their skills and life.
Not a wall. A hurdle. So what?....
And you'll have to dig for quite a while to find companies that no longer train workers for better positions...Stop it.

The jig is just about up. They are running out of stuff to whine about and are reduced to making shit up as they go along.

I have been here just about five years, people know I don't make shit up, asshole!
Why don't you point out something I made up. I'll wait.
Ahh...When caught, protest angrily and deny strongly....

Spoon, did I anything about wanting it both ways? Nope.
Not that long ago, companies used to provide training to their employees to upgrade their skills, that was back when companies used to invest in their employees.
So now a low paid employee must find funds to pay for training to upgrade their skills. When they are making minimum wage, that can be quite tricky, no?
I see the GOP wants to cut funding for training programs. Well, that just adds another wall for those who want to better their skills and life.
Not a wall. A hurdle. So what?....
And you'll have to dig for quite a while to find companies that no longer train workers for better positions...Stop it.

The jig is just about up. They are running out of stuff to whine about and are reduced to making shit up as they go along.

I have been here just about five years, people know I don't make shit up, asshole!
Why don't you point out something I made up. I'll wait.

No problem:

"Not that long ago, companies used to provide training to their employees to upgrade their skills, that was back when companies used to invest in their employees.
So now a low paid employee must find funds to pay for training to upgrade their skills." - Kiwi

Companies still train and pay (or help to pay) for advanced education.

Oh?
Is On-the-Job Training Still Worth It for Companies? - Businessweek

Why Companies Aren't Getting the Employees They Need

Just Whose Job Is It to Train Workers?

As I was saying, I don't make shit up.
Did you bother to read those articles?
OJT is no longer the norm. But it is not rare.
You claimed OJT was non existent. Not true.

That's what you get when you raise the minimum wage to $15. What did you think would happen? You either raise prices, layoff staff or both.

Not in leftist la-la land and when the inevitable does occur they blame "the rich" or the Repubs or just slink away.

They will NEVER accept responsibility for their actions.

The hypocrisy is many of them actually own stocks or mutual funds - often through pension or other retirement plans - and would be the loudest whiners should a dividend be missed or the stock value fall due to higher gov't mandated costs.
dudes; laissez-fair capitalism is a myth; that is a problem the Right refuses to recognize.
There hasn't been that type of capitalism for 9 decades.

Although you spew that silliness like it's your job, gov't mandated higher wages or welfare are not the only 2 alternatives. Since you seem to believe it's so easy, why not get off your lazy duff, start a biz, and overpay and "take care of" your employees to your heart's content (or until you run out of money).

How do you know I am not already? Again you talk out of your ass.
Are a business owner?....Come on. Buck up and tell the truth.

San Fransico Raises Min-wage to $15.

hey that is great news, now a no frills 1/8th lb. burger with bun will cost $5.99, with condiments, which once were free will cost another $4.99, if you want a slab of cheese on it, that will be $3.99 extra, if you want fries and a drink.., total will be $39.95...., oooh, if you want a straw in that drink add another $1.99....., one more thing there will be a toll gate to exit.., $0.99

don'tcha just love liberfool logic = stupidity. :lmao:
right wing logic is funnier; and the right usually cannot blame it on drugs.

Forum List

Back