Sanders Wants to Ban All Fracking

We have had 2+ years of low gas and oil prices, it seems to be an excellent business to be in.
Great for consumers, bad for producers. Bad business to be in.

I guess you'd try to compete with China with a labor intensive product too. Not smart.

Those companies made a ton of money, a lot continue to make a ton of money, just not as much as when they were lowering prices.

And comparing kids toys with energy production is idiotic.

Yeah ending in bankruptcy is a big success.

You obviously aren't smart enough to understand the comparison. Who said kids toys?

You brought up Chinese labor intensive products, dippy.

And for every well that went bankrupt, there are multiple others that sold out to bigger companies that are better able to weather shutdowns, and multiple others already owned by bigger companies ready to restore production when the prices go up.

Add that to the american ingenuity that keeps reducing the break-even point for these wells, and your "concern" is easily ignored.

Yes all strong industries are loaded with bankruptcies, sure.

And let's just keep feeding oil use and the Middle East will keep collecting money. Lots of great people in the Middle East.

Well at less than $50 a barrel, they are collecting a whole lot less money. And Fracking is to thank for that.

We have had 2+ years of low gas and oil prices, it seems to be an excellent business to be in.
Great for consumers, bad for producers. Bad business to be in.

I guess you'd try to compete with China with a labor intensive product too. Not smart.

Those companies made a ton of money, a lot continue to make a ton of money, just not as much as when they were lowering prices.

And comparing kids toys with energy production is idiotic.

Yeah ending in bankruptcy is a big success.

You obviously aren't smart enough to understand the comparison. Who said kids toys?

You brought up Chinese labor intensive products, dippy.

And for every well that went bankrupt, there are multiple others that sold out to bigger companies that are better able to weather shutdowns, and multiple others already owned by bigger companies ready to restore production when the prices go up.

Add that to the american ingenuity that keeps reducing the break-even point for these wells, and your "concern" is easily ignored.

Yes all strong industries are loaded with bankruptcies, sure.

And let's just keep feeding oil use and the Middle East will keep collecting money. Lots of great people in the Middle East.
Here you go dumb fuck....

Why America’s fracking revolution won’t be hurt (much) by low oil prices

They are getting run out of business because of cheap Saudi crude. They have been flooding the markets.
What are the possibly bad environmental effects?

Read the sanders rant in the OP. I've heard making well water toxic, earthquakes, all sorts of things. I can't say if any are true, but since it doesn't seem like a good business for us why risk it?
I posted a study to the well water. IDK about earthquakes. Just because he says so, doesn't make it right.
Using domestic energy is bad business? Lol
There've been correlations of fracking with small earthquakes, not only in Oklahoma but in Britain when they began exploration for fracking.

And the end consequence is?
Dunno. Is it good when we make the Earth shake and move?

Depends. Small earthquakes can relieve pressure, thereby staving off a big quake, if one is imminent. There's no way to be sure when or where a big one will hit, though, so no real planning ability.

Well reason number 2 that I wouldnt vote for Sanders.

Bernie Sanders: 'We are Going to Ban Fracking All Across' the USA

“If I win, we are going to ban fracking all across this country,” Sanders said during a morning press conference at the Spreckles Veterans Memorial Building in a rural farming community in Monterey County.

“Fracking not only threatens our water supply, it pollutes the air supply. it contributes to climate change, it is highly explosive and it has resulted in more earthquakes, something Californians know a little bit about,” Sanders added. He noted that Vermont was the first state to ban the practice and New York was the second to follow suit, but lamented that nothing has yet happened in California or the rest of the United States.
He'd have my vote in a heart beat just for doing that. How dare someone else pollute everyone else water supply with their fracking crap.

“If I win, we are going to ban fracking all across this country,” Sanders said during a morning press conference at the Spreckles Veterans Memorial Building in a rural farming community in Monterey County.

“Fracking not only threatens our water supply, it pollutes the air supply. it contributes to climate change, it is highly explosive and it has resulted in more earthquakes, something Californians know a little bit about,” Sanders added. He noted that Vermont was the first state to ban the practice and New York was the second to follow suit, but lamented that nothing has yet happened in California or the rest of the United States.
He'd have my vote in a heart beat just for doing that. How dare someone else pollute everyone else water supply with their fracking crap.
What difference does that make when you won't be able to afford your water bill?

There's a couple of centuries of oil left under our feet - at least, the technology just has to be developed to obtain it. The free market will only help in this, nothing better than competition to see it through.
Drill baby drill...
New technologies are coming that will make oil only useful for getting materials for plastic and fertilizer.

I think that is why the Arabs are pushing their production so high, instead of merely trying to put Fracking out of business here in the USA.

They want to get something for their oil while it still has value.

They should continue fracking in Red states only.

Isn't fracking what is causing all those little earthquakes in Oklahoma? Or is that just draining all the oil reserves under the ground? I'd much prefer to see us find other ways to get our energy than fracking, if it is at all possible. When you pollute the ground water, you're up the crick without a paddle.
Oklahoma has had earthquakes before the fracking started.

They should continue fracking in Red states only.
What, progressives don't use fossil fuels?
Hypocrites

Forum List

Back