Sanders Wants to Ban All Fracking

Many have gone bankrupt.

And when prices go up, many will go right back to producing. People in the oil/gas industry are used to boom/bust.
And if Saudi chooses to they will run us out of business again. Not a smart business for us to be in.

We have had 2+ years of low gas and oil prices, it seems to be an excellent business to be in.
Great for consumers, bad for producers. Bad business to be in.

I guess you'd try to compete with China with a labor intensive product too. Not smart.
:lmao:

he really is a moron, isn't he.

Fracking is kinda stupid since we can easily be run out of business. That combined with possible bad environmental effects makes me wonder why we do it at all.
They are getting run out of business because of cheap Saudi crude. They have been flooding the markets.
What are the possibly bad environmental effects?

Read the sanders rant in the OP. I've heard making well water toxic, earthquakes, all sorts of things. I can't say if any are true, but since it doesn't seem like a good business for us why risk it?
I posted a study to the well water. IDK about earthquakes. Just because he says so, doesn't make it right.
Using domestic energy is bad business? Lol
There've been correlations of fracking with small earthquakes, not only in Oklahoma but in Britain when they began exploration for fracking.

Why do you feel that is relevant?

Fracking is kinda stupid since we can easily be run out of business. That combined with possible bad environmental effects makes me wonder why we do it at all.
They are getting run out of business because of cheap Saudi crude. They have been flooding the markets.

Read the sanders rant in the OP. I've heard making well water toxic, earthquakes, all sorts of things. I can't say if any are true, but since it doesn't seem like a good business for us why risk it?
I posted a study to the well water. IDK about earthquakes. Just because he says so, doesn't make it right.
There've been correlations of fracking with small earthquakes, not only in Oklahoma but in Britain when they began exploration for fracking.

And the end consequence is?

I'm surprised there isn't more vehement dispute here over ground water contamination. There doesn't seem to be the evidence I would have thought would be shown. It certainly seems logical this would pollute, perhaps truly massively.

I'm surprised there isn't more vehement dispute here over ground water contamination. There doesn't seem to be the evidence I would have thought would be shown. It certainly seems logical this would pollute, perhaps truly massively.
That's what I thought.. but alas.. lol

Dunno. Is it good when we make the Earth shake and move?

All it takes is one poorly engineered well--which would certainly argue for H.C.'s call for a LOT of regs on this industry.

All it takes is one poorly engineered well--which would certainly argue for H.C.'s call for a LOT of regs on this industry.
There is mucho environmental regs. Even on railcars that have accidents more than anything else..

Why do you feel that is relevant?

True.

Well the Saudis ran us out of business. That means we aren't efficient at it. Why go heavy into something we don't do well and might have bad environment effects?
Here you go shit for brains...
Low Oil Price May Stifle Deepwater Drilling And Oil Sands But Not Fracking

We do it all the time when mining.

Many have gone bankrupt.

And when prices go up, many will go right back to producing. People in the oil/gas industry are used to boom/bust.
And if Saudi chooses to they will run us out of business again. Not a smart business for us to be in.

We have had 2+ years of low gas and oil prices, it seems to be an excellent business to be in.

I guess you'd try to compete with China with a labor intensive product too. Not smart.

Those companies made a ton of money, a lot continue to make a ton of money, just not as much as when they were lowering prices.

And comparing kids toys with energy production is idiotic.

Yeah ending in bankruptcy is a big success.

You obviously aren't smart enough to understand the comparison. Who said kids toys?

There is mucho environmental regs. Even on railcars that have accidents more than anything else..
Don't tell me you don't want regs because trains get in accidents? You're right--there have been so many train derailments in the past year that I began wondering if terrorists were sneaking out and bending railroad tracks in the middle of the night or something. I think it probably has more to do with our aging infrastructure.
I KNOW what some sleaze balls big businesses would do in the name of a buck. I lived just down stream from the GE plant that was spewing PCB's into the Hudson River--they lied and denied for years, knowing full well what poison they were putting into the water system. As of a couple years ago, they were still dredging that shit out of the river beds.
Now, that being said, big business has no interest in the environment WHATSOEVER if it costs them an extra nickel and they lie through their teeth. So for anything as important as drilling extremely deep holes into Mother Earth and causing damage there, you bet I want regulations.

Those companies made a ton of money, a lot continue to make a ton of money, just not as much as when they were lowering prices.

You obviously aren't smart enough to understand the comparison. Who said kids toys?

You brought up Chinese labor intensive products, dippy.

And for every well that went bankrupt, there are multiple others that sold out to bigger companies that are better able to weather shutdowns, and multiple others already owned by bigger companies ready to restore production when the prices go up.

Add that to the american ingenuity that keeps reducing the break-even point for these wells, and your "concern" is easily ignored.

So it's okay? Nothing to worry about? I'm asking--don't know.

So it's okay? Nothing to worry about? I'm asking--don't know.

I don't see it as being a big issue, considering how tiny the quakes are.

And Nutty Old Uncle Bernie woiuld prefer you trade your car in for a horse so you can use the horseshit to produce biogas to provide a little light in your log cabin. Now how can anybody fault his environmental sensitivity?

You brought up Chinese labor intensive products, dippy.

And for every well that went bankrupt, there are multiple others that sold out to bigger companies that are better able to weather shutdowns, and multiple others already owned by bigger companies ready to restore production when the prices go up.

Add that to the american ingenuity that keeps reducing the break-even point for these wells, and your "concern" is easily ignored.

Yes all strong industries are loaded with bankruptcies, sure.

And let's just keep feeding oil use and the Middle East will keep collecting money. Lots of great people in the Middle East.

Well reason number 2 that I wouldnt vote for Sanders.

Bernie Sanders: 'We are Going to Ban Fracking All Across' the USA

“If I win, we are going to ban fracking all across this country,” Sanders said during a morning press conference at the Spreckles Veterans Memorial Building in a rural farming community in Monterey County.

“Fracking not only threatens our water supply, it pollutes the air supply. it contributes to climate change, it is highly explosive and it has resulted in more earthquakes, something Californians know a little bit about,” Sanders added. He noted that Vermont was the first state to ban the practice and New York was the second to follow suit, but lamented that nothing has yet happened in California or the rest of the United States.

Are you sure what he is saying isn't true? Aren't most frackers going out of business anyhow?

Many are having a difficult time with the drop in oil prices being forced by the Saudis.

All the 'Peak Oil' experts thought this could never happen and accuse the Saudis of manipulating the markets to put their competition out of business then they will drive prices up again.

I would think a business should ahve a model that allows them to make profits on oil at $30+ per barrel of oil.

I agree. Why be in a business when you are not efficient at it?
There is an inherent cost threshold to fracking in its current form. Why not make the method more efficient and take a time out for the meantime?

Forum List

Back