Sanders Wants to Ban All Fracking

Fracking is kinda stupid since we can easily be run out of business. That combined with possible bad environmental effects makes me wonder why we do it at all.
They are getting run out of business because of cheap Saudi crude. They have been flooding the markets.
What are the possibly bad environmental effects?

Read the sanders rant in the OP. I've heard making well water toxic, earthquakes, all sorts of things. I can't say if any are true, but since it doesn't seem like a good business for us why risk it?
I posted a study to the well water. IDK about earthquakes. Just because he says so, doesn't make it right.
Using domestic energy is bad business? Lol
True.

Well the Saudis ran us out of business. That means we aren't efficient at it. Why go heavy into something we don't do well and might have bad environment effects?

Isn't fracking what is causing all those little earthquakes in Oklahoma? Or is that just draining all the oil reserves under the ground? I'd much prefer to see us find other ways to get our energy than fracking, if it is at all possible. When you pollute the ground water, you're up the crick without a paddle.

You can't get something from nothing, despite what the bugs and bunny environmental people tell you. Removing stuff from the ground impacts things, like wind farms and solar farms impact birds that fly through them.

And the groundwater contamination issue isn't due to fracturing the rocks in the bearing strata, its due to shitty pipe installation through water laden strata, which is an issue for any extraction, not just fracking.

Why do you feel that is relevant?

Fracking is kinda stupid since we can easily be run out of business. That combined with possible bad environmental effects makes me wonder why we do it at all.
They are getting run out of business because of cheap Saudi crude. They have been flooding the markets.

Read the sanders rant in the OP. I've heard making well water toxic, earthquakes, all sorts of things. I can't say if any are true, but since it doesn't seem like a good business for us why risk it?
I posted a study to the well water. IDK about earthquakes. Just because he says so, doesn't make it right.
True.

Well the Saudis ran us out of business. That means we aren't efficient at it. Why go heavy into something we don't do well and might have bad environment effects?

No, they haven't despite their best efforts. Yes there is less exploration and extraction, but those wells are still there, and when prices go up they will come back on,

Why do you feel that is relevant?

True.

Oil price is determined by supply and demand. If supply goes up, the price goes down. Hence, why the Saudis were flooding the market. We are a MAJOR competitor and they are trying to price us out. Dont appease those fucks

Isn't fracking what is causing all those little earthquakes in Oklahoma? Or is that just draining all the oil reserves under the ground? I'd much prefer to see us find other ways to get our energy than fracking, if it is at all possible. When you pollute the ground water, you're up the crick without a paddle.
That fracking can cause earthquakes is one theory, but I dont think it has been proven. The affect that fracking has on the underlying rock strata depends on the liquid they use to force the oil upwards, I would think.

As I stated in another post, any groundwater contamination is usually caused by crappy pipe installation, not the fracking itself.

True.

No, they haven't despite their best efforts. Yes there is less exploration and extraction, but those wells are still there, and when prices go up they will come back on,

Many have gone bankrupt.

A jet plane may fall out of the sky over your car, why risk going outside?

True.

Many have gone bankrupt.

And when prices go up, many will go right back to producing. People in the oil/gas industry are used to boom/bust.

True.

Oil price is determined by supply and demand. If supply goes up, the price goes down. Hence, why the Saudis were flooding the market. We are a MAJOR competitor and they are trying to price us out. Dont appease those fucks
Given how many who went bankrupt they were successful. They have all the advantages.

True.

Given how many who went bankrupt they were successful. They have all the advantages.

Then why isn't oil back up to $100 a barrel?

True.

Many have gone bankrupt.

And when prices go up, many will go right back to producing. People in the oil/gas industry are used to boom/bust.
And if Saudi chooses to they will run us out of business again. Not a smart business for us to be in.

True.

Many have gone bankrupt.

And if Saudi chooses to they will run us out of business again. Not a smart business for us to be in.

We have had 2+ years of low gas and oil prices, it seems to be an excellent business to be in.

True.

Lol no. Saudis are facing bankruptcy. They are killing themselves with the market flooding. OPEC is dissolving.
They are scared of our fracking and are freaking the fuck out.
A lot of shit going on. You should read into it.

True.

Lol no. Saudis are facing bankruptcy. They are killing themselves with the market flooding. OPEC is dissolving.

You should link it.

True.

Many have gone bankrupt.

We have had 2+ years of low gas and oil prices, it seems to be an excellent business to be in.
Great for consumers, bad for producers. Bad business to be in.

I guess you'd try to compete with China with a labor intensive product too. Not smart.

True.

You should link it.
Im not going find 5 different articles so you can grasp it. If you care, you will look. I would start with Saudi flooding markets and Saudis economic troubles or something along those lines.

Many have gone bankrupt.

I guess you'd try to compete with China with a labor intensive product too. Not smart.
:lmao:

Just proves Bernie's frackin' crazy, but us sane folks have known that for a long time.

Apparently no one on his team bothered to do any research on fracking. Who knew??

Guess he's not quite as smart as he thinks he is.

Many have gone bankrupt.

Those companies made a ton of money, a lot continue to make a ton of money, just not as much as when they were lowering prices.

And comparing kids toys with energy production is idiotic.

Forum List

Back