🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Sandra Fluke Runs For Office

n-FLUKE-large300.jpg

SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — The former Georgetown University law student who gained national attention for being denied a chance to testify in Congress for health plan contraception coverage — and then was subjected to degrading comments by radio host Rush Limbaugh — is hoping to make public policy of her own.

Sandra Fluke is running as a first-time candidate for a seat in California's state Senate to represent some of the most affluent communities of Los Angeles County, a district that stretches from the Hollywood Hills to the Palos Verdes peninsula.

In a district where Democrats outnumber Republicans 2-1, Fluke is campaigning on an agenda that includes subsidized early education, greater environmental protection, expanded public transit and public matching funds for political campaigns, not to mention her advocacy of women's rights.

Fluke said she saw an opportunity "to grab that microphone and make use of it" after she was thrust into the spotlight two years ago.

She drew attention in February 2012 after congressional Republicans denied her a chance to testify about wanting her college health plan to cover birth control. After she spoke to a panel of Democratic lawmakers, Limbaugh compared her to a prostitute. He later apologized.

Fluke is a social justice attorney who represents victims of human trafficking and domestic violence and also does nonprofit advocacy. She lives with her husband, writer and producer Adam Mutterperl, in West Hollywood.

She's been endorsed by EMILY's List, Planned Parenthood and California NOW.

MORE: Sandra Fluke Seeks Wider Influence In California

Good luck, Sandra! Your credentials are most impressive. Thank you for being an intelligent voice of reason. I would vote for you if I could. Best wishes!

Sandra Fluke and the rest of the Liberals want Jesus,The Catholic Church, The Religious Right, and the Government to stay out of the bedroom yet demand that every US taxpayer be a part of their bedroom.

Oh please let her. Oh please. She runs on "birth control" I get to slam dunk the stupid bitch that I didn't burn my bra for her to get pills the bitch. I wanted equality. Not superiority.

Let alone begging for men to pay for my birth control or teach my daughters how to pole dance in school.

I can't wait to slap her around. By all means run her. Not kidding.

n-FLUKE-large300.jpg

SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — The former Georgetown University law student who gained national attention for being denied a chance to testify in Congress for health plan contraception coverage — and then was subjected to degrading comments by radio host Rush Limbaugh — is hoping to make public policy of her own.

Sandra Fluke is running as a first-time candidate for a seat in California's state Senate to represent some of the most affluent communities of Los Angeles County, a district that stretches from the Hollywood Hills to the Palos Verdes peninsula.

In a district where Democrats outnumber Republicans 2-1, Fluke is campaigning on an agenda that includes subsidized early education, greater environmental protection, expanded public transit and public matching funds for political campaigns, not to mention her advocacy of women's rights.

Fluke said she saw an opportunity "to grab that microphone and make use of it" after she was thrust into the spotlight two years ago.

She drew attention in February 2012 after congressional Republicans denied her a chance to testify about wanting her college health plan to cover birth control. After she spoke to a panel of Democratic lawmakers, Limbaugh compared her to a prostitute. He later apologized.

Fluke is a social justice attorney who represents victims of human trafficking and domestic violence and also does nonprofit advocacy. She lives with her husband, writer and producer Adam Mutterperl, in West Hollywood.

She's been endorsed by EMILY's List, Planned Parenthood and California NOW.

MORE: Sandra Fluke Seeks Wider Influence In California

Good luck, Sandra! Your credentials are most impressive. Thank you for being an intelligent voice of reason. I would vote for you if I could. Best wishes!

She'll hold the most interesting fund raisers.

Contribute some condoms to her campaign and she'll give you lots of lip service.

Liberal's should run her in 2016...she has about as many qualifications as Barack Hussein Obama.

She is part of the problem in this nation. The liberal idea that I can live my life however I want to and tax $$$ must pay for it. Rush Limbaugh was 100% correct in reference to her.

When Limbaugh flies in first class?

It's on your dime.

He costs you ALOT more than Fluke.

Not that you'd know that.

You are an idiot.

Not that you'd know that.

Go Fluke yourself

Imagine being nationally known for wanting someone else to pay for your sex life.

Well, who knows, she may be proud of that. It takes all kinds.

Sandra Fluke paid $30,000 a year to go to law school including payment for health insurance.

It's not unreasonable to expect that when you pay for health insurance, it should cover a medical issue you are likely to encounter as a 20-something female.

Sandra Fluke never came close to suggesting that taxpayers contribute to the cost of her birth control.

And Mitt never meant that he didn't care about the needs of the 47%.

Yeah, whatever...

Actually, if Mitt really was sincere, his comments about the 47% would have been something he said publically, instead of privately to a bunch of his fellow rich people who paid more for that lunch than most Americans make in a year.

I thought the most damning thing he said was how he thought it was wonderful that he was investing in this factory in China where they had 120 women to a dorm with one bathroom, and they had to use barbed wire to keep people out.

Forum List

Back