🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Sandra Fluke Runs For Office

She is part of the problem in this nation. The liberal idea that I can live my life however I want to and tax $$$ must pay for it. Rush Limbaugh was 100% correct in reference to her.

I thought it was hilarious that Limbaugh apparently thinks that a woman has to use more birth control depending on how much sex she is having. It makes you wonder if he understands how Lady Parts work.

Of course, here's the thing. It was never a question about money.

Most insurance companies subsidize family planning because it's cheaper than live births. Just like they subsidize colonoscopies because they are cheaper than colon cancer.

Nor was it a question in Fluke's case of someone else paying for her care. She was paying $30,000 a year to go to Georgetown Law School, and health coverage was part of that package.

Finally, it wasn't about "birth control" or Fluke personally. Fluke's point was that issues like Ovaraian cysts wouldn't get treatment because the treatment for them can be classified as birth control.

But you guys are still butthurt she took down your God of Oxycotin.

Imagine being nationally known for wanting someone else to pay for your sex life.

Well, who knows, she may be proud of that. It takes all kinds.

Sandra Fluke paid $30,000 a year to go to law school including payment for health insurance.

It's not unreasonable to expect that when you pay for health insurance, it should cover a medical issue you are likely to encounter as a 20-something female.

$108 a year from any WALMART would have prevented this! What's that about 15 Starbuck's special coffees? You're a walking joke Joe!

b3d1c7e2d731f9e0709b358484de8cd5.jpg

Number of laws proposed by Republicans related to women's reproduction - 2,000.

Number of laws proposed by Republicans related to men's reproduction - 0.

Never mind the vicious nonsense of claiming that an embryo has a “right to life.” A piece of protoplasm has no rights—and no life in the human sense of the term. One may argue about the later stages of a pregnancy, but the essential issue concerns only the first three months. To equate a potential with an actual, is vicious; to advocate the sacrifice of the latter to the former, is unspeakable. . . . Observe that by ascribing rights to the unborn, i.e., the nonliving, the anti-abortionists obliterate the rights of the living: the right of young people to set the course of their own lives. The task of raising a child is a tremendous, lifelong responsibility, which no one should undertake unwittingly or unwillingly.
- Ayn Rand

Never mind the vicious nonsense of claiming that an embryo has a “right to life.” A piece of protoplasm has no rights—and no life in the human sense of the term. One may argue about the later stages of a pregnancy, but the essential issue concerns only the first three months. To equate a potential with an actual, is vicious; to advocate the sacrifice of the latter to the former, is unspeakable. . . . Observe that by ascribing rights to the unborn, i.e., the nonliving, the anti-abortionists obliterate the rights of the living: the right of young people to set the course of their own lives. The task of raising a child is a tremendous, lifelong responsibility, which no one should undertake unwittingly or unwillingly.
- Ayn Rand

The Unborn Victims of Violence Act of 2004 (Public Law 108-212) is a United States law which recognizes a child in utero as a legal victim, if he or she is injured or killed during the commission of any of over 60 listed federal crimes of violence. The law defines "child in utero" as "a member of the species Homo sapiens, at any stage of development, who is carried in the womb"

RICHMOND, Va. — Hundreds of women have locked arms and stood mute outside the Virginia State Capitol to protest a wave of anti-abortion legislation coursing through the 2012 General Assembly. Capitol and state police officers, there to ensure order, estimated the crowd to be more than 1,000 people — mostly women. The crowd formed a human cordon through which legislators walked before Monday’s floor sessions of the Republican-controlled legislature. The group was protesting bills that would cut off state aid to poor women seeking abortions, define embryos as humans and criminalize their destruction, and require “transvaginal” ultrasounds of women seeking abortions. In the procedure, a wand-like device is inserted and used to send out sound waves. None of the protesters carried posters. Few spoke, even when spoken to. Richmond resident Molly Vick wore a shirt that read, “Say no to state mandated rape.”

- Ayn Rand

The Unborn Victims of Violence Act of 2004 (Public Law 108-212) is a United States law which recognizes a child in utero as a legal victim, if he or she is injured or killed during the commission of any of over 60 listed federal crimes of violence. The law defines "child in utero" as "a member of the species Homo sapiens, at any stage of development, who is carried in the womb"

An egg is not a chicken.

Fluke is a liberal plant whose only purpose was to try to embarrass the right and to garner publicity and public sympathy which could possibly benefit her future aspirations.

FYI. Rush has his own jet and NEVER flies commercial. Next!

Publicly funded family planning prevents nearly 2 million unintended pregnancies and more than 800,000 abortions in the U.S. each year...saving billions of dollars.

n-FLUKE-large300.jpg

SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — The former Georgetown University law student who gained national attention for being denied a chance to testify in Congress for health plan contraception coverage — and then was subjected to degrading comments by radio host Rush Limbaugh — is hoping to make public policy of her own.

Sandra Fluke is running as a first-time candidate for a seat in California's state Senate to represent some of the most affluent communities of Los Angeles County, a district that stretches from the Hollywood Hills to the Palos Verdes peninsula.

In a district where Democrats outnumber Republicans 2-1, Fluke is campaigning on an agenda that includes subsidized early education, greater environmental protection, expanded public transit and public matching funds for political campaigns, not to mention her advocacy of women's rights.

Fluke said she saw an opportunity "to grab that microphone and make use of it" after she was thrust into the spotlight two years ago.

She drew attention in February 2012 after congressional Republicans denied her a chance to testify about wanting her college health plan to cover birth control. After she spoke to a panel of Democratic lawmakers, Limbaugh compared her to a prostitute. He later apologized.

Fluke is a social justice attorney who represents victims of human trafficking and domestic violence and also does nonprofit advocacy. She lives with her husband, writer and producer Adam Mutterperl, in West Hollywood.

She's been endorsed by EMILY's List, Planned Parenthood and California NOW.

MORE: Sandra Fluke Seeks Wider Influence In California

Good luck, Sandra! Your credentials are most impressive. Thank you for being an intelligent voice of reason. I would vote for you if I could. Best wishes!

Fluke's biggest problem is that she'll be seen as a single-issue candidate; which she may be...haven't read her platform. She'll have to overcome that and it will require great amounts of resources to do that.

Good luck to her.

Misogyny is one of the Republican core values.

Why, pond scum, you need to see the pictures that you commies did to Sarah Palin and her children?.... How soon the LOW 2 digit IQ'd subversives think we forget about those things.... Get your knee pads, the obomanation needs you!

I'm just curious, Vigilante. Are you inferring that only 5 people in Oklahoma are intelligent enough to read? I'm not too thin skinned, but I would like to know, nonetheless.

Sandra Fluke is a joke. What are her qualifications? I don't believe whining that I should pay for her birth control qualifies her for any position except for laying on her back. She comes across as a typical mush-brained libby who desperately wants to believe that Utopia is just around the corner. Please spare us your agony, Sandy. It ain't gonna happen.

Ignorant asshole ^^^

Forum List

Back