Santorum Accuses Obama Of 'Snobbery' For Wanting All U.S. Kids To Attend College

So you don't see any value in a country of well-educated citizens?

At what cost?

At an appropriate cost as always.

While looking around I saw that the US pay the second highest amount per student in the world but are about 14th in the world rankings of achievement.
So it would seem that there are some efficiencies to be made there.

So you don't see any value in a country of well-educated citizens?

At what cost?

At an appropriate cost as always.

That's a weasel, of course. What cost is "appropriate?" Should we sacrifice our standard of living for some nebulous goal of having and "educated population?" Should children go without orthodontia so near-do-well dilettantes can delay their adulthood? What should we give up?

We already spend too much on higher education. Much of what is taught is shear propaganda, like "women's studies." A teacher's degree is utterly worthless. We produce far too many psychologists, sociologists and English degrees.

only so many hours in the day and when school try to teach "tolerance" and "diversity" there isnt as much time left for reading.

And when30 years of liberal indoctrination and "empowerment" and "self esteem" building, you run out of time for much else,

we already have that, it is called high school. its free to all.

Obama has to re-invent the wheel to take credit for SOMETHING......

So why is the US slipping down the OECD education rankings?
Reading 14th
Maths 25th
Science 17th
World education rankings: which country does best at reading, maths and science? | News | guardian.co.uk

only so many hours in the day and when school try to teach "tolerance" and "diversity" there isnt as much time left for reading.

And when30 years of liberal indoctrination and "empowerment" and "self esteem" building, you run out of time for much else,

we already have that, it is called high school. its free to all.

Obama has to re-invent the wheel to take credit for SOMETHING......

So why is the US slipping down the OECD education rankings?
Reading 14th
Maths 25th
Science 17th
World education rankings: which country does best at reading, maths and science? | News | guardian.co.uk

Can I ask you something?

When a majority of the degree holders in the US are admittedly republican, do you think it's fair to say that the education system has any apparent effect on the outcome of students political views as far as party relation?

It would seem to me that the correlation does not match the claim.

I will decide if my kids go to college, not Obama. He needs to butt out.

It is a decision we will make with our kids. It isn't Obama's business one way or the other. My kids are not wards of the State for him to decide what to do with their lives.

It is a decision we will make with our kids. It isn't Obama's business one way or the other. My kids are not wards of the State for him to decide what to do with their lives.

That sounds way more rational, just never move to New Jersey.

Children born in New Jersey are wards of the state until the day they turn 18.

It's disgusting and I've had to go through an incredible amount of hell with them when we lived there.

Why does it have to sound "rational" either way? They are my kids.

Speaking from personal experience, the greatest thing my parents ever did for me was give me the choice to be what I want to be. I will never be able to repay them for that act of supreme love.

That's nice. I am talking about freedom, parental rights, and so forth and the govt staying out of my business.

That's nice. I am talking about freedom, parental rights, and so forth and the govt staying out of my business.

Yes, but being irrational when children are concerned just gives the government more ammunition to try to "protect the children."

Why do you think New Jersey has such exceedingly powerful government child protective services? Parents being fuckheads to their kids.

Our job is to make the govt understand that not everything is their business .

Forum List

Back