Santorum Accuses Obama Of 'Snobbery' For Wanting All U.S. Kids To Attend College

it is neither realistic nor desirerable for EVERYONE to go to college.

the REASON college is a good thing is that it sets you apart, and ABOVE, if everyone has a degree, the degree means nothing.

But...that's not what the strategy says.
...the President is committed to increasing higher education access and success by restructuring and dramatically expanding college financial aid, while making federal programs simpler, more reliable, and more efficient for students. The President has proposed a plan to address college completion and strengthen the higher education pipeline to ensure that more students succeed and complete their degree. His plan will also invest in community colleges to equip a greater share of young people and adults with high-demand skills and education for emerging industries.
About.com: http://www.whitehouse.gov/issues/education

I read that as saying that he wants to make college more accessible, and then reducing the dropout rate...nothing about making college compulsory.
You might have a different interpretation though.

I completely agree with Santorum. College isnt' for everyone. The idea that "everyone" should go to college is just more Obama Idiocy.

I might agree with you if that is indeed what he said.

Providing a high-quality education for all children is critical to America’s economic future. Our nation’s economic competitiveness and the path to the American Dream depend on providing every child with an education that will enable them to succeed in a global economy that is predicated on knowledge and innovation. President Obama is committed to providing every child access to a complete and competitive education, from cradle through career

How lovely, the Obama Government wants to get it's hands on your babies..
from CRADLE to Career...that my friend should scare the hell out of you.

Why's that, I don't see anything about compulsion or coercion in there.
Obama is committed to providing every child access to a complete and competitive education, from cradle through career
It reads as a noble aim to me.

Providing a high-quality education for all children is critical to America’s economic future. Our nation’s economic competitiveness and the path to the American Dream depend on providing every child with an education that will enable them to succeed in a global economy that is predicated on knowledge and innovation. President Obama is committed to providing every child access to a complete and competitive education, from cradle through career

Obama is committed to providing every child access to a complete and competitive education, from cradle through career

Kids already have ACCESS to education..So what does it mean, CRADLE to Career?

Kids already have ACCESS to education..So what does it mean, CRADLE to Career?

Sorry, I'll do some more bolding;
I think he means 'good learnin'...yup!

there will still need to be people to flip the burgers, so do we want people with 4 year degrees doing it?

no

on every food chain, SOMEONE has to be the gazelle

there will still need to be people to flip the burgers, so do we want people with 4 year degrees doing it?

no

Someone has to say it.

Immigrants.

Last edited:

no

There's no mention of compulsion to go to college.
Shouldn't kids have the best education that can be provided while they're at school?

Whether or not they go on to further education, a strong basic education can only improve the person, the democracy and the economy.

we already have that, it is called high school. its free to all.

Obama has to re-invent the wheel to take credit for SOMETHING......

no kidding...but his speeches are HISTORIC and he's heroic and noble
I'm still waiting to see if he stopped the seas from rising yet..

I think he's saying the learnin' needs to be gooder.

well surprise surprise...so did Bush and the President before him and the one before him, etc etc.

but you can be cute if you like.

well surprise surprise...so did Bush and the President before him and the one before him, etc etc.

but you can be cute if you like.

So...why is this President wrong to mention it?

...and thanks for the permission...

most LEGAL immigants are fairly well educated.

not generally when they first get here. after that, once they're assimilated, they tend to get more educated.

Wrong, as usual. Most legal immigrants come here on work visas. They already have an education. I know because I've worked with hundreds of them from India. They are taking over my profession. I've sat in rooms with dozens of people where I'm the only white guy.

Forum List

Back