Sarah Palin resigning as Governor of Alaska

Odds of Sarah Palin winning the 2012 GOP nomination.

chart12472168946612941.png

Intrade Prediction Markets

If the Palin supporters are confident that she will be President, you should be putting your money where your mouth is because you will be paid out 6x what you put down if she just wins the nomination.

That's easy, easy money.

If you really believe it.

yeah they do, and they will continue to as long as they keep throwing out mitt romneys and john mccains...but, the dems have far worse problems so any new comer with guts who is willing to stand up and be counted will beat the shit out of any nutbag slobbering incumbent

Please, please, please throw out Sarah Palin next time 'round.

Please.
be careful what you wish for

I wish for this then.

adriana-lima.jpg

IT HAS BEEN said the greatest volume of sheer brainpower in one place occurred when Jefferson dined alone...

HOW DID JEFFERSON KNOW??????

Especially read the last quote from 1802.

When we get piled upon one another in large cities, as in Europe,
we shall become as corrupt as Europe .
Thomas Jefferson

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those
who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

It is incumbent on every generation to pay its own debts as it goes.
A principle which if acted on would save one-half the wars of the world.
Thomas Jefferson

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the
government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
Thomas Jefferson

My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.
Thomas Jefferson

No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
Thomas Jefferson

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
Thomas Jefferson

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.
Thomas Jefferson

Thomas Jefferson said in 1802:
'I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered..'

Boy are we in trouble with this President, he does not beleive any of this.:cuckoo: Pretty scary, see any paralells here, I sure do.

Please provide the source, date, context, and publisher of these Jeffersonian quotes to the members of this thread. I am sure we would all like to read more. Thank you.​

genetic.gif

Last edited:
IT HAS BEEN said the greatest volume of sheer brainpower in one place occurred when Jefferson dined alone...

Thomas Jefferson

Thomas Jefferson

Thomas Jefferson

government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
Thomas Jefferson

My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.
Thomas Jefferson

Thomas Jefferson

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
Thomas Jefferson

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.
Thomas Jefferson

'I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered..'

Boy are we in trouble with this President, he does not beleive any of this.:cuckoo: Pretty scary, see any paralells here, I sure do.

Please provide the source, date, context, and publisher of these Jeffersonian quotes to the members of this thread. I am sure we would all like to read more. Thank you.​

genetic.gif

mr dna is sitting behind one old ass comp

JEFFERSON didn't say it...

"I think this is the most extraordinary collection of talent, of human knowledge, that has ever been gathered at the White House - with the possible exception of when Thomas Jefferson dined alone."
President John F. Kennedy (Speaking at a White House dinner for Nobel Prize winners, 1962)

"I think this is the most extraordinary collection of talent, of human knowledge, that has ever been gathered at the White House - with the possible exception of when Thomas Jefferson dined alone."
President John F. Kennedy (Speaking at a White House dinner for Nobel Prize winners, 1962)
hey moron, please show everyone where he claimed Jefferson said that
:lol:

Thomas Jefferson

Thomas Jefferson

Thomas Jefferson

Thomas Jefferson

Thomas Jefferson

Thomas Jefferson

Thomas Jefferson

Thomas Jefferson

Thomas Jefferson

genetic.gif

And we thank you for that graphic input, but we still don't have the sources on the Jefferson quotes, and one of the quotes has been challenged as a JFK quote. Are the Republicans trying to rewrite the founder of the Democratic Party, Thomas Jefferson?

To help you verify your source, following is a sample Bibliography. Please fill it out, now.

bibliography.png

MAPLE, A NUMBER OF US ARE STILL WAITING FOR SOURCE DOCUMENTATION ON THE WORDS YOU CREDITED TO THOMAS JEFFERSON IN THIS THREAD, THAT YOU CREATED.

Last edited:
Please provide the source, date, context, and publisher of these Jeffersonian quotes to the members of this thread. I am sure we would all like to read more. Thank you.

And we thank you for that graphic input, but we still don't have the sources on the Jefferson quotes, and one of the quotes has been challenged as a JFK quote. Are the Republicans trying to rewrite the founder of the Democratic Party, Thomas Jefferson?

To help you verify your source, following is a sample Bibliography. Please fill it out, now.

for you that are reading challenged, he never claimed Jefferson said the line that was later claimed to be from JFK

hey moron, please show everyone where he claimed Jefferson said that
:lol:

That would be a neat trick, inasmuch as nobody here ever did claim that Thomas Jefferson said that of himself. :lol: What Maple DID say was that "it had been SAID . . . ."

Reading is fundamental!

its being reported on FNC

story still developing

In today's news: AP: Palin implicated in ethics probe
Independent report raises questions on her use of legal defense fund

ANCHORAGE, Alaska - An independent investigator has found evidence that Gov. Sarah Palin may have violated ethics laws by accepting private donations to pay her legal debts, in the latest legal distraction for the former vice presidential candidate as she prepares to leave office this week.

The report obtained by The Associated Press says Palin is securing unwarranted benefits and receiving improper gifts through the Alaska Fund Trust, set up by supporters.

Wrong is wrong. And where does it stop? First you allow them to steal an election, then delete emails, then out a cia agent, then refuse to testify, then classify the information, then torture?

Next thing you know they'll be lying us into wars. Oh yea, they already did that.

We were getting rid of Cheney who abused his power and the right wanted to replace him with someone who is being investigated for abusing their power? Real smart.

She's going to be a celebrity. That's it.

This will be interesting. Someone is going to catching some hell over the leak.

The Associated Press reported Tuesday afternoon that an independent investigator for the state Personnel Board found that there may be evidence suggesting that a trust fund created to pay Palin’s legal expenses is in violation of state ethics law.

Palin immediately called the AP report an “inaccurate story” on her Twitter feed, and released a statement later calling any allegation that the defense fund accepted any inappropriate donations "misguided and factually in error."

"I am informed that this fund was created by experienced attorneys in DC and was modeled after other similar funds established for senators and others. The fund itself was not created by me nor is it controlled by me. Neither I nor my lawyer has received a penny from this fund, and I am informed the Trustee was withholding any action or payment pending final resolution with the Personnel Board. This is the hallmark of legal compliance and prudent conduct," Palin said.

"In short, I have not 'acted' relative to the defense fund and it is misleading to say I have," she added. "I have no doubt that the Trust will welcome guidance by the Board, as do we all, but it is my understanding that this matter was not resolved and the complainant's violation of law has served to mislead the public and prejudice a fair review of this matter."

Several of the governor’s top confidants also sharply criticized the report, pointing out that under Alaska law the contents of the document

should have remained confidential because the matter is still under review.

“The investigator is still confidentially reviewing this matter,” said Palin spokeswoman and top advisor Meg Stapleton in a statement. “It appears suspect that in the final days of the Governor's term, someone would again violate the law and announce a supposed conclusion before it is reached.”

The governor’s personal attorney, Thomas Van Flein, quickly followed Stapleton with a statement pointing out that he has “been working with the investigator regarding supplemental information. The matter is still pending. Whatever you have seen was released in violation of law.”

“There has been no board finding of an ethics violation and there is a detailed legal process to follow before there is a final resolution,” said Van Flein.

“We will be contacting the appropriate authorities for review and action,” he said, referring to those involved in the release of the investigator's report.

Read more: Sarah Palin fights back against ethics charge - Andy Barr - POLITICO.com

lol looks like yet another bullshit complaint. This is exactly why she stepped down. How is she supposed to get anything done while libs are constantly harrassing her?

I hope they catch whomever leaked the story.

She does get a Hell of a lot of shit thrown her way.

God, the woman has five kids to raise, and made the right chocie to go and raise them. Leave her alone. If she's guilty of anything, it is being a bit of a bimbo.

lol looks like yet another bullshit complaint. This is exactly why she stepped down. How is she supposed to get anything done while libs are constantly harrassing her?

I hope they catch whomever leaked the story.

Wow! I'm glad you just said that. Sort of vindicates what we were saying when the GOP wouldn't stop harrassing Bill Clinton over bullshit. :clap2:

God, the woman has five kids to raise, and made the right chocie to go and raise them. Leave her alone. If she's guilty of anything, it is being a bit of a bimbo.

No, she abused her power and spent money that wasn't hers.

Lucky she didn't get oral from an intern or you'd be calling for her head.

No, she abused her power and spent money that wasn't hers.

Lucky she didn't get oral from an intern or you'd be calling for her head.

Do you have any proof of that?

Anything at all?

Forum List

Back