Satan - The Accuser of The Brethren

[

I don't think Satan is that important because the Bible represents Satan as a created being and a cherub (Ezekiel 28:14) which is an angel. The book of Job is arguably the oldest book in the Old Testament for those who can do higher criticism so he is revealed from the beginning and this book may be older than Genesis. I also feel guilty studying Satan because Jesus is much more important but that may be why Satan isn't the whole focus of the Bible.

Job is probably not the oldest book. Most scolarship dates it somewhere from 500-300 BCE, which makes it one of the last books written. Also, the Jewish Bible puts it as one of the last books.

Book of Job - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

[
Satan's name was Lucifer. If you look at names like Adam or Eve, some people think they are titles and not names because the word "name" in Genesis 3:16 can mean "reputation" and so on so when you look at the meaning of "Eve" it means "mother of all living" which could be a description instead of a name. The problem with language was all lost in the flood except for what came off the ark and stones that survived (the Rosetta stone) and inscriptions in caves and so forth. Satan can actually mean "advesary" and be a description just like his name could probably mean "slanderer" and so forth. My name is Chuck but then some people wanted to call me by other descriptions as I got older.

Here's the problem with the whole "Lucifer" angle. Lucifer is a latin translation of the Hebrew Word heylel , which only appears ONCE in the entire bible. In context, it compares the king of Babylon to the Morning Star which is "fallen".

[
If you read the book of Job, God gave everything back to Job that He lost and increased what Job had.

Again, that doesn't make me feel a lot better about it. No parent who has lost a child ever feels less of a loss. I can't believe that losing Ten Children would ever not make a person anything less than psychotic. Also, kind of had to be rough on Mrs. Job, having ten more kids in her 50's....

The video's premise is that the problem is that people think Satan exists and the title is "the evolution of Satan in the Bible" so the video basically asserts a different time line where Satan first appears to where his name changes instead of the time line where angels existed, Lucifer was lifted up with pride and his name or title gets changed based on Lucifer's behavior..

There really is no evolution except from their turn from good to evil. God created angels and Lucifer was filled by pride that he wanted God's position and as a result the angels rebelled and left their first estate.

This is all very nice and all, but as the Video guy points, out, this has a LOT more to do with Milton's Paradise Lost than it does with anything in the Bible.

I am also very wary of using bible quotes that are ambiguous, as most of the ones you cite are. Especially considering that they were translated from Hebrew to Greek to Latin to English.

As a fun expirament, Go to Babelfish or some other translation program. Translate the original from English to let's say, Greek. The translate the Greek to Italian as a stand in for Latin. Then translate the Italian back into English.

Betcha you won't get the thing you put in back out.

And that's without translators sticking in their own agendas as to which word to pick.

It's how we got hundreds of years of Witch-Burnings because someone translated "poisoner" as "witch".

[

I don't think Satan is that important because the Bible represents Satan as a created being and a cherub (Ezekiel 28:14) which is an angel. The book of Job is arguably the oldest book in the Old Testament for those who can do higher criticism so he is revealed from the beginning and this book may be older than Genesis. I also feel guilty studying Satan because Jesus is much more important but that may be why Satan isn't the whole focus of the Bible.

Job is probably not the oldest book. Most scolarship dates it somewhere from 500-300 BCE, which makes it one of the last books written. Also, the Jewish Bible puts it as one of the last books.

Joe,

There are some words in Job that are so old that scholars don't feel we have a correct translation of them. Archaeologically wise, the book of Job lines up with the line in Genesis:

Job 1:1 ¶ There was a man in the land of Uz, whose name was Job; and that man was perfect and upright, and one that feared God, and eschewed evil.

Gen 10:23 And the children of Aram; Uz, and Hul, and Gether, and Mash.

The other thing is that Moses wrote the book of Genesis so Job could have been older than the writing of Moses.

There are probably more reasons but you are dealing with things that are old.

This is higher criticism everyone.

Chuck

Last edited:
Joe, the bible is a closed book to you because you have set your heart against God and His Word.

( Jesus Christ ) But because others are reading, the Word of the Living God will once again expose "Satans lies " with the truth.

It is Written:

And Moses answered and said, But, behold, they will not believe me, nor hearken unto my voice: for they will say, The LORD hat not appeared unto thee. And the LORD said unto him, What is that in thine hand? And he said, A rod. And he said, cast it on the ground, and it became a serpent; and Moses fled from before it. And the LORD said unto Moses, Put forth thine hand, and take by the tail. And he put forth his hand, and caught it, and it became a rod in his hand. That they may believe that the LORD God of their fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob, hath appeared unto thee. Exodus 4:1 - 7

Then Moses fears his abilities - he says to the Lord, I am slow of speech and slow of tongue ( see Exodus 4: 10 then the Lord replies this:

It is written: And the Lord said unto him, Who hath made man's mouth? or who maketh the dumb, or deaf, or the seeing, or the blind? have not I the Lord? Now therefore go, and I will be with thy mouth, and teach thee what thou shalt say. Exodus 4:10 - 12

Later we see that God did grant Moses request in that he does allow Aaron to assist Moses..

and here is the showdown....... And the Lord spake unto Moses and unto Aaron, saying, When Pharoah shall speak unto you, saying "Shew a miracle for you, then thou shalt say unto Aaron, Take thy rod and cast it before Pharoah, and it shall become a serpent. And Moses and Aaron went in unto Pharoah, and they did so as the Lord commanded and Aaron cast down his rod before Pharoah and before his servants, and it became a serpent.

Then Pharoah also called the wise men and THE SORCERERS, now the magicians of Egypt, they also did in like manner in their ENCHANTMENTS. For they cast down every man his rod, and they became serpents; but Aaron's rod swallowed up their rods. Exodus 7: 8 - 12

Gods power is far, far, greater than the power of any sorcerer, witch, or magician... No comparison, Joe. NONE.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And God hardened Pharoah's heart that he hearkened not unto them as the LORD has said.
Exodus 7:13
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And then?

The First Plague came: BLOOD It is written Exodus 7: 14- 25.

Then the second Plague came: FROGS It is written Exodus 8:1 - 15

Then the third Plague came: LICE It is written Exodus 8:16 - 19

Then the Fourth Plague came: FLIES It is written Exodus 8: 20 - 32

Then the Fifth Plague came DISEASE ON BEASTS It is written Exodus 9:1 - 7

Then the Sixth Plague came: BOILS ON MEN AND BEAST It is written: Exodus 9: 8 - 12

Then the Seventh Plague came: HAIL It is written Exodus 9: 13 - 35

Then the Eighth Plague came: LOCUSTS It is written Exodus 10: 1 - 20

Then the Ninth Plague came: DARKNESS It is written: Exodus 10: 21 - 29

Then the Tenth Plague came: DEATH ANNOUNCED It is written: Exodus 11: 1 - 10

Then came the Passover - the blood on the door posts which is a prophecy of Jesus Christ Blood shed upon Calvarys tree for you, Joe, that saves your life and preserves it - John 3: 16

It is written: For the LORD will pass through to smite the Egyptians, and when he seeth the blood upon the lintel, and on the two side posts, the LORD will pass over the door, and wil not suffer the destroyer to come in unto your houses and smite you. Exodus 12: 23

This is why the Christians plead the Blood of Jesus Christ over themselves and their loved ones, their homes, the reason why they draw the bloodline around their properties.. because satan cannot cross the bloodline, Joe. He cannot touch the blood of Jesus Christ and those who plead the Blood are covered.

You need to be washed in the Blood of the Lamb tonight Joe. Then you can sing with me Are you washed in the Blood of the Lamb. I'll go get that song. Sit tight, friend...

Last edited:
[ame=http://youtu.be/h9oW91Iv8D8]Are You Washed in the Blood? - YouTube[/ame]

God loves you, friend. If he could have redeemed you any other way don't you think he would have spared his Only Begotten Son to do it? Of course he would have! But he could not. His Son hung on Calvary's tree and shed his own Blood for your sins, my sins, the sins of the world. Do not reject so great a pardon! Come to Jesus tonight and ask him to wash yours sins away with his precious Blood. Yes, Be washed in the Blood of the Lamb and you shall be whiter than snow.

I am also very wary of using bible quotes that are ambiguous, as most of the ones you cite are. Especially considering that they were translated from Hebrew to Greek to Latin to English.

As a fun expirament, Go to Babelfish or some other translation program. Translate the original from English to let's say, Greek. The translate the Greek to Italian as a stand in for Latin. Then translate the Italian back into English.

Betcha you won't get the thing you put in back out.

And that's without translators sticking in their own agendas as to which word to pick.

It's how we got hundreds of years of Witch-Burnings because someone translated "poisoner" as "witch".

That was one translation I believe.

I had a French speaking penfriend and for fun I used one of those store bought programs. I printed out one of my letters in English on one side of paper and then cut and pasted the English letter into this store bought translation program to translate into French and it was laughable.

I also met a woman from Germany and I told her a joke in English and she said the joke made sense when she translated it in German as well.

Translators have a lot of education and the truth is that a lot of translation is an interpretation. I looked at one of the lists for the translation committees and they have a lot of education and some of them are professors at Bible colleges and it wouldn't be unusual to have 100 or more scholars on a translation committee. I know about one pastor not on any translation committee and he had years of modern day greek and years of Koine Greek.

I remember listening to two teachers on the radio and both of them did their own translation and it was almost word for word compared to the NIV and NASB.

There are books written for linguists who do translation. I don't know many people who have reached that level but the books exist. There are also people's commentaries on how they translated the Bible. There are books on how to do translation. I have Greek and Hebrew Lexicons. I have different dictionaries and different versions of the Bible like the TWOT (Theological Workbook of the Old Testament) and I have Kittle's Theological Dictonary of Biblical Words which is 10 volumes. I have a Spanish bible and I can almost read it even though I don't know any Spanish because I have read the Bible enough that I just about know what it says.

A literal bible is good to get. Because the translators don't want to make any mistakes, they translate words very very literally so sometimes I feel that some words are almost wooden in a sense.

Then it is apparent that the snakes you refer to and the one referred to in the Bible are not the same species. If I call you a weasel, will you sprout fur? If you and I are about to race, and I tell you to eat my dust, do you whip out a spoon? The snake God addressed in the Garden is the same one who tempted Christ on the top of the Temple. He didn't crawl there. He is also the prince behind the Kings. Here is His description before he challenged God:
Ezekiel 28:13
Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created.

He was well thought of once. Envy was his undoing. He lost his footing.

Can you just imagine it, Irish Ram? Here God loaded Lucifer down with Emeralds, diamonds, topaz, jasper, sapphires, diamonds and more precious stones for his very clothing! And he was envious of God? After all God did for him??

You know what? There is no understanding some folks! I'm glad the angels that do warfare for me and my family and all of ya'll are holy and faithful unto the Lord! One of them that I asked God to send down to Fla to watch over a precious friend and his family - that angel is the one that killed the 145,000 enemies of Joshua while he and his men slept. ( that was one angel - yep.. ONE ANGEL slaughtered 145,000 - the enemy better stay away from my friends house ! ) He has been doing battle since the beginning and was there the day Lucifer was cast out of heaven! Imagine that! I asked for him back a few weeks ago when things were beginning to heat up and I got concerned over their safetly.

I cannot wait to hear the stories these angels have to tell of their warfare. I am particularly interested to hear about the battle Michael went through fighting the Prince of Persia as he was withheld from answering Daniels prayers for 3 weeks. ( his battle is in Daniel 10:12 ) So if anyone ever wonders why their prayers may get held up for a bit? It is the warfare going on in the heavenlies! It is really ratcheting up now!!! Tonight is going to be the ku da gra because the warfare of the saints is going to tear down the altars of baal for the high holy day of the illuminati satanists tonight through prayer - make sure to be ready a couple of hours before midnight tonight. At midnight - 9/ 21/ - 9/22 that is when they start sacrificing humans to satan on their altars and the saints of God can destroy those plans and bring chaos on the entire event! Also Oct 31st everyone should be fasting and praying against that one as this is the year to destroy the altars of baal completely - smash them to smithereens by the power of the Holy Ghost! Hallelujah!! The Lord is on the move and the warring angels are ready for battle! What a glorious battle it is! I love the battle of prayer more than anything else on earth. It brings out the warrior in me!!!! :eusa_angel:

- Jeri

Good night! Time to get my sword and go to war on the floor! Ha! Ha! Hope that upsets more than a few devils just to hear about it! I know they are shaking in their boots already!! Love ya'll. Bye.

- Jeri

Then it is apparent that the snakes you refer to and the one referred to in the Bible are not the same species. If I call you a weasel, will you sprout fur? If you and I are about to race, and I tell you to eat my dust, do you whip out a spoon? The snake God addressed in the Garden is the same one who tempted Christ on the top of the Temple. He didn't crawl there. He is also the prince behind the Kings. Here is His description before he challenged God:
Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created.

Hold that thought...

covereth—The imagery employed by Ezekiel as a priest is from the Jewish temple, wherein the cherubim overshadowed the mercy seat, as the king of Tyre, a demi-god in his own esteem, extended his protection over the interests of Tyre. The cherub—an ideal compound of the highest kinds of animal existence and the type of redeemed man in his ultimate state of perfection—is made the image of the king of Tyre, as if the beau ideal of humanity. The pretensions of Antichrist are the ulterior reference, of whom the king of Tyre is a type. Compare "As God … in the temple of God" (2Th 2:4).
Ezekiel 28:14 You were anointed as a guardian cherub, for so I ordained you. You were on the holy mount of God; you walked among the fiery stones.

Ezekiel 28:14 Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth (h5526 סָכַךְ cakak ); and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.

A lot of the translations use the word covering while the Net Bible calls Lucifer the Guardian Cherub. The Doua-Rheims Bible uses the word "protecting" so I looked the word up in BLBClassic and it says:

(Qal) to hedge, fence about, shut in
to block, overshadow, screen, stop the approach, shut off, cover
(Qal)
to screen, cover
to cover oneself
protector (participle)
(Hiphil)
to screen, cover
to cover, defecate (euphemism)
(Qal) to cover, lay over
to weave together
(Qal) to weave together
(Pilpel) to weave, weave together

Authorized Version (KJV) Translation Count — Total: 23 AV — cover 15, covering 2, defence 1, defendest 1, hedge in 1, join together 1, set 1, shut up 1
http://www.blbclassic.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?Strongs=H5526&t=KJV

I think he liked the glory from the atonement or "covering" as protector and liked the reputation and eventually saw himself in God's place through his role:

I have set thee—not thou set thyself (Pr 8:16; Ro 13:1).

upon the holy mountain of God—Zion, following up the image.

in … midst of … stones of fire—In ambitious imagination he stood in the place of God, "under whose feet was, as it were, a pavement of sapphire," while His glory was like "devouring fire" (Ex 24:10, 17).

Ezekiel 28:14 You were anointed as a guardian cherub, for so I ordained you. You were on the holy mount of God; you walked among the fiery stones.

(underlining is mine).

The role was too great or too tempting for him and he wanted the position that was not His. I think he coveted the position that Jesus would have. Help me out here...

I guess this would explain the "I will"s of Satan and why he wanted to be like the most High:

Isaiah 14:13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:

Isaiah 14:14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.

Isaiah 14:15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.

Last edited:

Hold that thought...

Ezekiel 28:14 Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth (h5526 סָכַךְ cakak ); and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.

A lot of the translations use the word covering while the Net Bible calls Lucifer the Guardian Cherub. The Doua-Rheims Bible uses the word "protecting" so I looked the word up in BLBClassic and it says:

(Qal)
to screen, cover
to cover oneself
protector (participle)
(Hiphil)
to screen, cover
(Qal) to cover, lay over
to weave together
(Qal) to weave together

Authorized Version (KJV) Translation Count — Total: 23 AV — cover 15, covering 2, defence 1, defendest 1, hedge in 1, join together 1, set 1, shut up 1
Blue Letter Bible - Lexicon

I think he liked the glory from the atonement or "covering" as protector and liked the reputation and eventually saw himself in God's place through his role:

in … midst of … stones of fire—In ambitious imagination he stood in the place of God, "under whose feet was, as it were, a pavement of sapphire," while His glory was like "devouring fire" (Ex 24:10, 17).

(underlining is mine).

The role was too great or too tempting for him and he wanted the position that was not His. I think he coveted the position that Jesus would have. Help me out here...

I guess this would explain the "I will"s of Satan and why he wanted to be like the most High:

Isaiah 14:13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:

Isaiah 14:14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.

That is what I thought, Chuck, but I did not want to disagree - surely he envied God's position too but yes, I think pride was the sin that did him in. That is why I am not too keen on alot of knowledge about things I don't necessarily need to know about. Knowledge puffeth up and can be a dangerous thing. I believe there can be combinations of it - such as St. Augustine who had lived with a woman and had a son with her out of wedlock then he experienced his conversion - born again experience accepting Jesus Christ and went on to be a great saint. His background of having been a great sinner set the balance for his future as a saint. Humility kept him.

Still I was thinking about some of the people living during the time of Jesus walk on earth and how difficult that must have been for his own mother to have known she carried the Son of God in her very womb! ( Satan must have tempted her severely to try and tempt her into pride over that ) Then I was thinking about the prostitute Mary Magdalene who had nothing to offer but her life as she was of no reputation to the people - probably ill reputation if anything - to that point - so remember the scene where Jesus was teaching inside a room to his followers and his mother and brothers were outside requesting he come out to talk to him? I thought they must not have understood at that moment when he didn't come out and continued to teach.. they must have thought we are his own flesh and blood family surely he will come out and have a private audience with us..... yet he did not.. he said, who is my mother? My brothers ? My sisters? To those sitting at his feet in that room and then he said, those who do the will of my Father who is in heaven..... I will look up the scriptures and put them here...

Bottom line is the thought came to me - I would rather be a prostitute at the feet of Jesus that his mother or brethren outside the door... I did tell the Lord that also.. that is my feelings about title, position, intellect, etc.. I'm not impressed at all by it.. Pride is a very dangerous and deadly thing. ( that lays all kinds of traps for the soul ) Better to be nothing.

It is written in the scriptures:
While he yet talked to the people, behold his mother and his brethren stood outside, desiring to speak to him. then one said unto him, Behold thy mother and thy brethren stand outside, desiring to speak to thee, But he answered and said unto him that told him, Who is my mother? Who is my brethren? And he stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said, Behold, my mother and my brethren! For whosever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother and sister and mother. - Matthew 12: 46, 47, 48, 49, 50 ( Jesus was referring to his siblings who were born after him - he was their elder brother. ) Astonishing how man made doctrine - interpretations gets things so messed up, Chuck. I'll never understand why people do it - when the bible is right there to expose the truth on the matter.

Last edited:

Hold that thought...

(Qal)
to screen, cover
to cover oneself
protector (participle)
(Hiphil)
to screen, cover
(Qal) to cover, lay over
to weave together
(Qal) to weave together

(underlining is mine).

You say, help me out here..there is one place I don't agree with you, Chuck. I don't believe satan wanted to take the place of Jesus Christ, Chuck. Satan wanted the very throne of God! He wanted to be like God the Father! Not God the Son! - Jeri

[

Joe,

There are some words in Job that are so old that scholars don't feel we have a correct translation of them. Archaeologically wise, the book of Job lines up with the line in Genesis:

Job 1:1 ¶ There was a man in the land of Uz, whose name was Job; and that man was perfect and upright, and one that feared God, and eschewed evil.

The other thing is that Moses wrote the book of Genesis so Job could have been older than the writing of Moses.

Chuck

There are also words in Job that indicate much later authorship, such as mention of "Hades", a concept that didn't exist in earlier Judaism, which didn't have a concept of an afterlife. There's also a mention of the Chaldeans as one of the tribes that raid Job's livestock, and the Chaldeans didn't really exist as a civilization until about the 7th century.

Quite the contrary, Job shows the existential frustration of folks in the middle Iron age with a God who allows evil things to happen to good people.

It's literary style is really vastly more advanced than that of the Torah, putting it a lot later.

I won't even go into the "Mosiac" authorship of Genesis, because that's just silly.

Last edited:
Joe, the bible is a closed book to you because you have set your heart against God and His Word.

( Jesus Christ ) But because others are reading, the Word of the Living God will once again expose "Satans lies " with the truth.

No, I've set my heart against liars who use an imaginary sky pixie to try to impose their will on me. They got away with it when I was a kid, but shit, I realized it was bullshit when I was 11.

You know when I started doubting the whole scam? Fifth grade, and this nasy old nun, Sister Mary Bonaventure, who must have been 90 then, was telling us the Story of Noah's Ark.

When I asked in a very innocent way why God drowned all the babies, the old nasty witched hissed, "They were WIIIIIIICKED Babies. WIIIIICKED!!!!"

Now, today, I know this woman was so mean-spirited, bitter and angry was because she was a self-loathing lesbian who joined a religious order and had to be locked up with a bunch of other self-loathing lesbians. Which is pretty much Hell on Earth. And they we exposed these old bats to children.

Oh, the closer for me was when another of these nuns showed up at my Mom's funeral. (My mom was the art teacher at this school) and said that God had a good reason for her to die.

She was very lucky God didn't have a good reason for me to slam her head into the nearest wall.

Pretty much done with religious assholes after that. Now I treat religion as something to be m ocked and debunked. It's a disease that needs to be expunged.

No, I've set my heart against liars who use an imaginary sky pixie to try to impose their will on me. They got away with it when I was a kid, but shit, I realized it was bullshit when I was 11.

You know when I started doubting the whole scam? Fifth grade, and this nasy old nun, Sister Mary Bonaventure, who must have been 90 then, was telling us the Story of Noah's Ark.

When I asked in a very innocent way why God drowned all the babies, the old nasty witched hissed, "They were WIIIIIIICKED Babies. WIIIIICKED!!!!"

Now, today, I know this woman was so mean-spirited, bitter and angry was because she was a self-loathing lesbian who joined a religious order and had to be locked up with a bunch of other self-loathing lesbians. Which is pretty much Hell on Earth. And they we exposed these old bats to children.

Oh, the closer for me was when another of these nuns showed up at my Mom's funeral. (My mom was the art teacher at this school) and said that God had a good reason for her to die.

She was very lucky God didn't have a good reason for me to slam her head into the nearest wall.

Pretty much done with religious assholes after that. Now I treat religion as something to be m ocked and debunked. It's a disease that needs to be expunged.

Oh my! I am terribly sorry, Joe. That nun was indeed wicked to say such a thing to you! I tell you the truth, Joe.. I'm not a Catholic, I was born into a Catholic family and by the grace of God survived some most horrific abuse and my tormentor attended Mass every Sunday without fail! Later I became most bitter against God and told him I hated him for putting me in such a family! To kill the pain of it all I became a drug addict for many years. Like you - I despised everything to do with Christianity and thought these are the biggest hypocrites in the world - I cannot stand the sight of them!

It was years - many years later that I became a Christian - I'm pentacostal now - I was then disowned completely by my Catholic family and God gave me a new one. ( my praying nana was already in heaven ) Was it the church? No. It was a family of Jews. Secular Jews. Yep. I've mainly stayed out of the churches for many years and found my faith in prayer and reading the scriptures. It is afterall a relationship and I do have fellowship and prayer with other believers but I do not put myself under the law over it... I despise ritualism... On the matter of Catholics, Joe.. There are some very good Catholic people out there I have met - who have been people of prayer and have not used the church as a cover to molest children, to get a free ride - with room, board, food provided while they rape children at their leisure - this has happened in denominations across the board, Joe, not just in the Roman Catholic church but truly this nun you describe - I see no sign of salvation in her and I am deeply sorry for the pain that woman caused you. If there is a hotter place in hell it is reserves for ones such as these.

Truly it would have been better for her to have tied a millstone to her neck and cast herself into the sea than to have harmed you and therein marred the name of Christ like this. I am sorry, Joe. I am very sorry to hear this.

Last edited:
Note to Joe*** I believe I see what the problem is.. I have no idea of whether the nun made it to heaven or not - only God knows the heart of man but we are not God - for God is the judge... Jesus did not come to Judge the world but to redeem it. If Jesus does not judge the world then we must not judge the world either. We are to walk as Jesus walked and Jesus walked in love. On that note even though the nun has left the earth I shall repent of my anger towards hearing what she did and believe God brought her to repentance before she left the earth. I'll keep you in my prayers. -J.

Last edited:
Jerry, I don't blame the nun. I feel awful for her.

SHe became what she was because the minute she started to realize she liked girls, her family shoved her ass into a religious order and God knows what they did to her.

But to the point, frankly, I read a story like Noah's Ark, and as batshit crazy as Sister Bonaventure's answer was, frankly, other denominations didn't come up with better reasons why God had to commit not only genocide and infanticide, but had to wipe out an entire ecosystem.

Besides the 100 scientific reasons why Noah's Flood Story is an impossibility, the very notion- that God gives man free will and then drowns all of them when they make choices he doesn't like - is not a God I would worship even if he does exist.

the very notion- that God gives man free will and then drowns all of them when they make choices he doesn't like - is not a God I would worship even if he does exist.

The argument of free will verses pre-determination by God is an old one...and as of yet has no definitive answers that I know of...yet the argument continues throughout the generations. Why? That is...other than the fact that people like to be right.

the very notion- that God gives man free will and then drowns all of them when they make choices he doesn't like - is not a God I would worship even if he does exist.

The argument of free will verses pre-determination by God is an old one...and as of yet has no definitive answers that I know of...yet the argument continues throughout the generations. Why? That is...other than the fact that people like to be right.

I think the reason why it is out there is that it goes back to the issue of whether God is omnipotent.

If people can act contrary to the will of God, you know, like eating meat on Lent, then God isn't Omnipotent.

On the other hand, if he meant every bad thing to happen, that would make him malevolent.

6a00d834516ae369e2017c34da482e970b-800wi

Joe,

Chuck

There are also words in Job that indicate much later authorship, such as mention of "Hades", a concept that didn't exist in earlier Judaism, which didn't have a concept of an afterlife. There's also a mention of the Chaldeans as one of the tribes that raid Job's livestock, and the Chaldeans didn't really exist as a civilization until about the 7th century.

Quite the contrary, Job shows the existential frustration of folks in the middle Iron age with a God who allows evil things to happen to good people.

It's literary style is really vastly more advanced than that of the Torah, putting it a lot later.

I won't even go into the "Mosiac" authorship of Genesis, because that's just silly.

You mentioned Wikipedia as a source putting the book of Job at the end of the cannon:

The Talmudic tractate Bava Batra (15a-b) maintains that Job was written by Moses, although nowhere does it name its author.

That would give it early authorship.

[

You mentioned Wikipedia as a source putting the book of Job at the end of the cannon:

The Talmudic tractate Bava Batra (15a-b) maintains that Job was written by Moses, although nowhere does it name its author.

That would give it early authorship.

That assumes that Moses really did write it.

WOrking on the assumption Moses even existed. (No evidence that the Hebrews ever resided in Egypt) why would Moses mention the Chaldeans, a civilization that didn't appear until centuries after he supposedly lived?

Hold that thought...

(underlining is mine).

You say, help me out here..there is one place I don't agree with you, Chuck. I don't believe satan wanted to take the place of Jesus Christ, Chuck. Satan wanted the very throne of God! He wanted to be like God the Father! Not God the Son! - Jeri

Jeri,

I understand. Keep in mind that Jesus was still pre-existant, that His role may not have been fully revealed and that the Father, Son and Holy Spirit are one God.

I could see all that light shining off of God and reflecting off of the stones on Lucifer.

1 Timothy 6:16 Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto (unapproachable light); whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.

Chuck

Forum List

Back