Satellite photos show uncomfortable truth

Empirical - Relying on or derived from observation or experiment.

OK, so considering the actual definition of empirical, which part of that do you believe is actual empirical evidence that man is causing warming? I read it and they give a description of the hypothesis...and state a few facts, but I don't see anything there that could be construed as empirical evidence that man is causing warming...if you think it is there, then tell me which part you believe is actual empirical evidence.

OBSEERVATIONS = EMPIRICAL DATA

It is the Earth’s atmosphere that makes most life possible.

On the surface, the moon’s temperature during daytime can reach 100°C (212°F).

At night, it can plunge to minus 173°C, or -279.4°F.

In comparison the coldest temperature on Earth was recorded in Antarctica: −89.2°C (−128.6°F). According to theWMO, the hottest was 56.7°C (134°F), measured on 10 July 1913 at Greenland Ranch (Death Valley).

Man could not survive in the temperatures on the moon, even if there was air to breathe.

Humans, plants and animals can’t tolerate the extremes of temperature on Earth unless they evolve special ways to deal with the heat or the cold.

Nearly all life on Earth lives in areas that are more hospitable, where temperatures are far less extreme.

Yet the Earth and the moon are virtually the same distance from the sun

POINT OF INQUIRY
why do we experience much less heat and cold than the moon?

HYPOTHESIS
The answer is because of our atmosphere.

OBSERVATION
The moon doesn’t have one

it is exposed to the full strength of energy coming from the sun

At night, temperatures plunge because there is no atmosphere to keep the heat in, as there is on Earth

CALCULATION FROM STEFAN-BOLTZMAN
The laws of physics tell us that without the atmosphere, the Earth would be approximately 33°C (59.4°F) cooler than it actually is.

BACK TO OBSERVATIONS
This would make most of the surface uninhabitable for humans.

Agriculture as we know it would be more or less impossible if the average temperature was −18 °C.

HYPOTHESIS (if you like}
The reason that the Earth is warm enough to sustain life is because of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere.

OBSERVATION
These gases act like a blanket, keeping the Earth warm by preventing some of the sun’s energy being re-radiated into space. The effect is exactly the same as wrapping yourself in a blanket – it reduces heat loss from your body and keeps you warm.

If we add more greenhouse gases to the atmosphere, the effect is like wrapping yourself in a thicker blanket: even less heat is lost.

POINT OF INQUIRY
So how can we tell what effect CO2 is having on temperatures, and if the increase in atmospheric CO2 is really making the planet warmer?

OBSERVATION
One way of measuring the effect of CO2 is by using satellites to compare how much energy is arriving from the sun, and how much is leaving the Earth. What scientists have seen over the last few decades is a gradual decrease in the amount of energy being re-radiated back into space. In the same period, the amount of energy arriving from the sun has not changed very much at all. This is the first piece of evidence: more energy is remaining in the atmosphere.

NOPE.......................

POINT OF INQUIRY
So how can we tell what effect CO2 is having on temperatures, and if the increase in atmospheric CO2 is really making the planet warmer?

OBSERVATION
One way of measuring the effect of CO2 is by using satellites to compare how much energy is arriving from the sun, and how much is leaving the Earth. What scientists have seen over the last few decades is a gradual decrease in the amount of energy being re-radiated back into space. In the same period, the amount of energy arriving from the sun has not changed very much at all. This is the first piece of evidence: more energy is remaining in the atmosphere.[/QUOTE]
NOPE, and more NoNseNse!!!!

It is the Earth’s atmosphere that makes most life possible.

On the surface, the moon’s temperature during daytime can reach 100°C (212°F).

At night, it can plunge to minus 173°C, or -279.4°F.

In comparison the coldest temperature on Earth was recorded in Antarctica: −89.2°C (−128.6°F). According to theWMO, the hottest was 56.7°C (134°F), measured on 10 July 1913 at Greenland Ranch (Death Valley).

Man could not survive in the temperatures on the moon, even if there was air to breathe.

Humans, plants and animals can’t tolerate the extremes of temperature on Earth unless they evolve special ways to deal with the heat or the cold.

Nearly all life on Earth lives in areas that are more hospitable, where temperatures are far less extreme.

Yet the Earth and the moon are virtually the same distance from the sun

POINT OF INQUIRY
why do we experience much less heat and cold than the moon?

HYPOTHESIS
The answer is because of our atmosphere.

OBSERVATION
The moon doesn’t have one

it is exposed to the full strength of energy coming from the sun

At night, temperatures plunge because there is no atmosphere to keep the heat in, as there is on Earth

CALCULATION FROM STEFAN-BOLTZMAN
The laws of physics tell us that without the atmosphere, the Earth would be approximately 33°C (59.4°F) cooler than it actually is.

BACK TO OBSERVATIONS
This would make most of the surface uninhabitable for humans.

Agriculture as we know it would be more or less impossible if the average temperature was −18 °C.

HYPOTHESIS (if you like}
The reason that the Earth is warm enough to sustain life is because of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere.

OBSERVATION
These gases act like a blanket, keeping the Earth warm by preventing some of the sun’s energy being re-radiated into space. The effect is exactly the same as wrapping yourself in a blanket – it reduces heat loss from your body and keeps you warm.

If we add more greenhouse gases to the atmosphere, the effect is like wrapping yourself in a thicker blanket: even less heat is lost.

POINT OF INQUIRY

OBSERVATION
One way of measuring the effect of CO2 is by using satellites to compare how much energy is arriving from the sun, and how much is leaving the Earth. What scientists have seen over the last few decades is a gradual decrease in the amount of energy being re-radiated back into space. In the same period, the amount of energy arriving from the sun has not changed very much at all. This is the first piece of evidence: more energy is remaining in the atmosphere.
ROFL

Don't really care WHAT that is. The site skepticalscience has ATOM BOMB counters on every page drawing an equivalence to the 0.5degC rise in temp during your lifetime to nuclear annihlation. Please try again.

That was a response to SSDD who claimed the Skeptical Science article contained no empirical data.
it most likely didn't since all you post is nonsense.

he spouts off a bunch bs and thinks ma and pa middle America should be impressed and just fall at the feet of "globull warming"
well by golly yepper you see that ma he knows his stuff. He can put up a whole bunch of words he must be it

OK, so considering the actual definition of empirical, which part of that do you believe is actual empirical evidence that man is causing warming? I read it and they give a description of the hypothesis...and state a few facts, but I don't see anything there that could be construed as empirical evidence that man is causing warming...if you think it is there, then tell me which part you believe is actual empirical evidence.

As I've said before, I'm not an expert, I'm not a scientist and I'm not certain as to what percentage human activity has on the weather. The empirical evidence - SMOG and Acid Rain - indicate to me that human activity can effect the weather.

Is the impact long term? I know that efforts to control pollution mitigated both; would they have gotten worse had not responsible leaders sought to remedy the cause? I think so.

Will the warming of the Oceans create a long term (permanent?) change? Who knows? I'm simply not willing to take the chance, why you and other so called conservatives do so both suprises and disgusts me.

If sadly funny that the conservative meme worries about our nations debt on future generations, but gives not a moments pause to reflect on their health and well-being.

As I've said before, I'm not an expert, I'm not a scientist and I'm not certain as to what percentage human activity has on the weather. The empirical evidence - SMOG and Acid Rain - indicate to me that human activity can effect the weather.

Is the impact long term? I know that efforts to control pollution mitigated both; would they have gotten worse had not responsible leaders sought to remedy the cause? I think so.

Will the warming of the Oceans create a long term (permanent?) change? Who knows? I'm simply not willing to take the chance, why you and other so called conservatives do so both suprises and disgusts me.

If sadly funny that the conservative meme worries about our nations debt on future generations, but gives not a moments pause to reflect on their health and well-being.
Oh contrare, the path of the left will be worse, believe you me!!!!! without a home and it being cold without heat, the future would be very painful for my kids. I protect them from that. And since you have no evidence and still buy into the mumbo jumbo you are a fool!

You have said repeatedly that we have no evidence. What do you find in AR5 or in the thousands of peer reviewed scientific studies on which the IPCC bases its conclusions? Do you really consider yourself both educationally qualified and sufficiently knowledgeable about those particular thousands of research papers to conclude no evidence exists?

You have said repeatedly that we have no evidence. What do you find in AR5 or in the thousands of peer reviewed scientific studies on which the IPCC bases its conclusions? Do you really consider yourself both educationally qualified and sufficiently knowledgeable about those particular thousands of research papers to conclude no evidence exists?
ROFL

That would be the past long, long before anything like humans, human culture or human infrastructure existed. It has NOT been wild and wooly while we've been learning how to post videos of our cats to the internet and build Easy Bake Ovens.

guess you haven't seen the latest paper published in the climate of the past...it finds that the last interglacial was considerably warmer than the one we are in...again, not hind cast by the failing models...the failure just never ends for you people, does it?

I guess you are pretty damned ignorant to even begin to think that you can lie like that and get away with it. Yes, there was a point that the last interglacial was warmer than the present one. And the sea levels were about 20 ft. higher. Plus the CO2 level was at 300 ppm, and the CH4 at a slightly higher level than its normal 700 to 800 ppb. So, the models would indeed 'hindcast' a warmer time at 330 ppm than 280 ppm. Just as those same models are predicting a much warmer Earth from the present 400 ppm of CO2 and more than 1800 ppb of CH4. And we are seeing that warming in progress right now.

ROFL

Much shorter than most of the dumb fuck comments here. But just a dumb.

The fact remains, Crick, Oreginecman, and so many others have present real scientific papers from real scientists. You people present shit and try to pretend it is real. Flap-yap doesn't buy shit in the real world, and that is all you have.

ROFL

The fact remains, Crick, Oreginecman, and so many others have present real scientific papers from real scientists. You people present shit and try to pretend it is real. Flap-yap doesn't buy shit in the real world, and that is all you have.
ROFL you CO2 guys make me laugh so hard. Please stop, your gonna make me choke.

ROFL

Well, I find the willfull ignorance of the retarded more a matter of pity than laughter, so I am not laughing at you. Be kind to your self, and don't hurt yourself getting out of bed.

he spouts off a bunch bs and thinks ma and pa middle America should be impressed and just fall at the feet of "globull warming"
well by golly yepper you see that ma he knows his stuff. He can put up a whole bunch of words he must be it

Hello Stephanie.

Did you get a chance to review the many surveys, polls and studies at Scientific opinion on climate change - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia and Surveys of scientists views on climate change - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia?

ROFL

Well, I find the willfull ignorance of the retarded more a matter of pity than laughter, so I am not laughing at you. Be kind to your self, and don't hurt yourself getting out of bed.
Hey Old Farce, did you learn what plants consume yet? We learned this shit in elementary school. Where were you?

oxcycle.jpg

When did retarded start including IQs over 160?

Slapping each other on the back is not evidence

Forum List

Back