Satellite photos show uncomfortable truth

So how do you suppose those picts prove manmade global warming? Are you claiming that such things have never happened on the earth before?

I made no such claim. What I wrote is clear:

"This summer, most of the MSM has been covering "severe weather" across our nation. It makes little sense to deny change is happening, it is better to do what we can to limit pollution which, if not controlled, can exacerbate a growing problem."

What part of what I wrote do you find offensive? I don't know if the current weather phenomenon is a natural occurrence not caused by man, or if some of it is caused by man or all of it; and, I don't know if man's pollution of the environment is a catalyst creating this phenomenon or its primary cause. Nor do you!

Maybe we should stop the flow of climate changing illegals into this country.

:the failure just never ends for you people, does it?"

What a stupid comment ^^^. "You people" includes 97% of
climate scientists.

Climate Change Consensus

Of course you believe the government lies and the entire scientific community conspires with the government on this issue, don't you?

That 97% is the glaring evidence of your failure...it is a lie and everyone knows it and yet, you keep repeating it as if it meant something....consensus, even if it is real doesn't mean anything...look at medicine...up until a couple of years ago about 100% of doctors would have told you that a stomach ulcer was due to stress....today, it is know that they were wrong....look at chemistry...up until a few years ago, more than 97% of chemists would have told you that quasicrystals did not exist...today, they know that they were wrong and do exist...and those are just two examples that have recently happened in the hard sciences...not a soft pseudoscience like climate science....consensus is politics...not science and anyone who must scream consensus instead of showing undeniable scientific evidence is just kidding themselves.

Nice spin. I simply offered an opinion by the scientific community of today. Never did I, or would I, ever claim undeniable scientific evidence, nor would I offer an appeal to authority as an absolute truth.

Science is about continuous testing of a hypothesis, something you seem to have left out. You've concluded climate change is not related to human activity, and defend your hypothisis with ad hominem attacks, straw men and arrogance.

Our climate is healthier as the clean air act demonstrates:

Highlights from the Clean Air Act 40th Anniversary Celebration Air Pollution and the Clean Air Act US Environmental Protection Agency

Now spin this link ^^^!

What does the Clean Air Act have to do with CO2 emissions? Are your lungs in constant violation?

For that matter -- what does pollution have to do with CLIMATE?

So how do you suppose those picts prove manmade global warming? Are you claiming that such things have never happened on the earth before?

"This summer, most of the MSM has been covering "severe weather" across our nation. It makes little sense to deny change is happening, it is better to do what we can to limit pollution which, if not controlled, can exacerbate a growing problem."

What part of what I wrote do you find offensive? I don't know if the current weather phenomenon is a natural occurrence not caused by man, or if some of it is caused by man or all of it; and, I don't know if man's pollution of the environment is a catalyst creating this phenomenon or its primary cause. Nor do you!

That's pretty nihilist of ya !!! Of course, we have adequate records of weather going back 200 yrs or so and could EASILY determine if anything was not normal or suspicious. But that would take all the fun out this forum..

Tell us what "severe" events the MSMedia has been scaring you with bunky...

I infer you limit your 'news' to Fox.

Summer storms, 2 inch an hour rain, hail the size of tennis balls, floods, extreme heat and draught in the west. It's not a normal summer, maybe it is a 'normal' anomaly, but my mind is open to humanity's impact on the weather in the long term.

There are those who deny humanities impact on the soil, air and water and many of them are also disinclined to wonder if our actions impact the weather. Are they all Iconoclasts, is that what binds the New Right together? Or are they brainwashed by the ongoing propaganda which fills our airways?

LOL....classic......all far lefties get hysterical about regular shit happening be it wild weather or some gun tragedy.

All mentally challenged righties get hysterical about regular shit they hold to be absolutley true when challenged.

climate scientists.

Climate Change Consensus

Of course you believe the government lies and the entire scientific community conspires with the government on this issue, don't you?

That 97% is the glaring evidence of your failure...it is a lie and everyone knows it and yet, you keep repeating it as if it meant something....consensus, even if it is real doesn't mean anything...look at medicine...up until a couple of years ago about 100% of doctors would have told you that a stomach ulcer was due to stress....today, it is know that they were wrong....look at chemistry...up until a few years ago, more than 97% of chemists would have told you that quasicrystals did not exist...today, they know that they were wrong and do exist...and those are just two examples that have recently happened in the hard sciences...not a soft pseudoscience like climate science....consensus is politics...not science and anyone who must scream consensus instead of showing undeniable scientific evidence is just kidding themselves.

Nice spin. I simply offered an opinion by the scientific community of today. Never did I, or would I, ever claim undeniable scientific evidence, nor would I offer an appeal to authority as an absolute truth.

Science is about continuous testing of a hypothesis, something you seem to have left out. You've concluded climate change is not related to human activity, and defend your hypothisis with ad hominem attacks, straw men and arrogance.

Highlights from the Clean Air Act 40th Anniversary Celebration Air Pollution and the Clean Air Act US Environmental Protection Agency

Now spin this link ^^^!

What does the Clean Air Act have to do with CO2 emissions? Are your lungs in constant violation?

Yes Viginia, there are dumb questions.

climate scientists.

Climate Change Consensus

Now spin this link ^^^!

Viginia -- is that a state of mind? Of course they are dumb questions, but that's where your rhetoric leads. You want to CONFUSE carbon pollution with CO2 -- then you are gonna be treated as a dumbass. Even if you are the EPA...

Wow, just wow. This planet is purported to be billions of years old. The surface over that time has warmed and cooled exponentially over all those years. Our modern weather 'records' only go back what, 100 years? 200?

Is the planet now in a warming trend? Maybe. Is it solely because of human influence? Doubtful. Does the human influence have anything at all to do with it? Maybe, but honestly I think it is awful precocious of any human being to think that our 100-200 years of industrialization and burning fossil fuels could have enough effect on the global climate that historically takes tens of thousands of years to cycle.

[jab] But all it takes is a guy to proclaim "An inconvenient truth" and others lap it up as truth. No matter that the guy who 'proclaimed' it has a house uses more fossil fuels in a month than most folks houses do in a year . . . . [/jab]

Oh, but wait, there's more:

Is a mini ice age on the way Scientists warn the Sun has gone to sleep and say it could cause temperatures to plunge Mail Online

Okay, that's about the funniest thing I've read on this board.

It has been cold here all year long, sounds like a shifting weather pattern, but long term it would be cause for glacial alarm. Oh noes, its the modern ice age!

Okay, that's about the funniest thing I've read on this board.

Environmental guru Carl Sagan predicted we would all be dead by now. Russia just signed a 30 year contract to supply China with fossil fuel while the A-Hole in the White House just signed a contract with the windmill industry to allow them to kill migratory endangered birds for the next 30 years. Leave it to the radical left to be fearful of nice weather and blame America for inevitable fluctuations in that big nuclear reactor in the sky.

For your statement to have any meaning whatsoever you of course MUST be able to point to a time when there was no "severe" weather. Have fun and please post one year when there was no severe weather.

climate scientists.

Climate Change Consensus

Now spin this link ^^^!

Viginia -- is that a state of mind? Of course they are dumb questions, but that's where your rhetoric leads. You want to CONFUSE carbon pollution with CO2 -- then you are gonna be treated as a dumbass. Even if you are the EPA...

A dumbass is one who creates a straw man out of wet hay.

In my thread I posted nothing about CO2 or Carbon Pollution - I used the generic term "pollution", and the impact human kind had in the formation of SMOG and Acid Rain.

You offered up an inaccurate opinion of the state of the scientific community today as the 97% number is just a lie...then I pointed out that even if the 97% consensus number were real (which it isn't) it would still mean nothing since consensus is not science and those who must make their argument by pointing out consensus are not arguing science...they are arguing politics. If you had an actual compelling scientific argument to make, you wouldn't be reduced to crying consensus.

No, that is something that climate science has left out...they have substituted the false consensus meme for the required testing....I wish that some of you could post the actual testing that is going on to prove the hypothesis...it would make the debate much more interesting. All you have is climate models...spectacularly failing climate models....You have decades of failed predictions...you have constant excuse making for the failure of the predictions....you have no actual science at all...and the never ending consensus fallacy is just boring.

By all means, show me evidence of the continuous testing that is going on to prove either the greenhouse theory of the AGW hypothesis.

climate is healthier as the clean air act demonstrates:

And there, in a nutshell is the climate alarmist argument...you attempt to scold me for not understanding that science is about continually testing a hypothesis and then back up your argument with a political opinion.

[QUOTE="Wry Catcher, post: 9730759, member: 20297"Now spin this link ^^^![/QUOTE]

What's to spin...it is politics and politics is all spin....it has already been duly spun...what..you want to spin it some more?

Instead of politics lets see the evidence of the continuous scientific testing to prove the climate change hypothesis...you claim that is what science is all about...I agree. Lets see their work....lets see the testing...lets see the methodology...lets see the results. Where is it?

Maybe you need to ask the correct questons of the experts, and not prejudge an entire scientific community as incompetent or dishonest.

It isn't the entire scientific community that is incompetent and dishonest...just the leadership in the climate science community. We regularly see other scientific disciplines learning and freely admitting that they were wrong when their continuous testing proves their previous beliefs wrong...we see them move on when experimental results and reality don't mesh with their hypothesis...in the climate science community, however, when the observations don't match with their results...they simply make excuses....it is that excuse making that now has man made global warming causing more and less rain...more and less snow...warmer and cooler temperatures...more and fewer tornadoes...hurricaines...etc etc etc...and it goes on and on.

In real science, one failure of a hypothesis is enough to discard a hypothesis and go back to the drawing board to reevaluate the thinking....how many failures of the AGW hypothesis will be required before it is shit canned. At this point, the failures are legion and the growing list of excuses for the failures of the hypothesis are legion squared.

Well not surprised all the "alarmist" the sky is falling Warmers didn't offer up on solution when asked ?

I think they just get their jollies off on scaring the hell of people. Of course we know what these politicians motives are. MORE MONEY MORE CONTROL OVER YOU

Forum List

Back