Saudi Arabia launches military operations in Yemen

Vigilante

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2014
That is the same as Saudi Arabia bombing IRAN!!! Think of the ramifications to Obuma's Iranian peace talks!

Saudi Arabia has launched military operations in Yemen, the Saudi ambassador to the United States told reporters in Washington on Wednesday.

Adel Al-Jubeir said the operation consisted of airstrikes on more than one city.

"We are determined to protect the legitimate government of Yemen," he said.

Earlier Wednesday, rebel forces captured parts of the port city of Aden and a nearby Yemeni air base recently evacuated by U.S. forces, officials in the country said, with one rebel spokesman claiming that Yemen's president fled Aden as his opponents advanced.

The rebels late Wednesday morning captured al-Anad air base, an installation that the last Yemen-based contingent of U.S. special operations forces evacuated over the weekend because of the deteriorating security situation in the country, said Mohammed AbdulSalam, a spokesman for the Houthi rebels.

The rebel forces -- Houthis and some allies in the Yemeni military -- then advanced on Aden, the nearby port city where President Abdu Rabu Mansour Hadi had taken refuge for weeks.

There were conflicting reports Wednesday about Hadi's whereabouts. But one Houthi spokesman, Mohammed AlBukhaiti, said Hadi left Aden on Wednesday with a Saudi diplomatic team as the rebels approached the port city.

"We don't know the whereabouts of the President at this hour," Jamal Benomar, the U.N. envoy to Yemen, told CNN on Wednesday.

U.S. State Department spokeswoman Jen Psaki told reporters she thinks "it's pretty clear (Hadi) left voluntarily," without saying where Hadi had gone. She clarified that circumstances in Yemen caused him to leave, but that rebels did not expel him.....

Saudi Arabia launches military operations in Yemen - CNN.com

Better them than us! Go ahead have at it. As long as no Americans soldiers are involved I don't care what they do over there.

Wonder if more countries in ME get involved this turns into a major ME war? Iran,Syria,Hezbollah,Iraq vs who? Saudi Arabia,Israel?

Better them than us! Go ahead have at it. As long as no Americans soldiers are involved I don't care what they do over there.

We should, protracted civil war could allow AQAP more room to operate and engage in anti-western attacks.

Wonder if more countries in ME get involved this turns into a major ME war? Iran,Syria,Hezbollah,Iraq vs who? Saudi Arabia,Israel?

It looks like the Saudi coalition is supported by Bahrain, Qatar, the UAE, and Kuwait. I doubt any other country will get involved in support of the Houthis except perhaps an increase in material aid from Iran. The only other country I could think would be Israel which has historically funded rebel movements as a way of weakening Arab states it considers enemies.

We should, protracted civil war could allow AQAP more room to operate and engage in anti-western attacks.
Then SA needs to deal with it.It's their home they should be the ones dealing with problems not us.

It looks like the Saudi coalition is supported by Bahrain, Qatar, the UAE, and Kuwait. I doubt any other country will get involved in support of the Houthis except perhaps an increase in material aid from Iran. The only other country I could think would be Israel which has historically funded rebel movements as a way of weakening Arab states it considers enemies.
Ah...very small states. I am going for whoever Iran is backing.. SA is a US puppet state with a HORRID human rights record.

Then SA needs to deal with it.It's their home they should be the ones dealing with problems not us.

Ah...very small states. I am going for whoever Iran is backing.. SA is a US puppet state with a HORRID human rights record.

Yemen isn't Saudi Arabia's home. AQAP isn't the largest fans of Saudi Arabia, but they hate the houthis too and of course us. They would love to strike US targets again and the instability of this conflict may allow them to recover somewhat from the pounding they have been taking.

Yemen isn't Saudi Arabia's home. AQAP isn't the largest fans of Saudi Arabia, but they hate the houthis too and of course us. They would love to strike US targets again and the instability of this conflict may allow them to recover somewhat from the pounding they have been taking.
No but the ME is their home. It isn't ours. Shouldn't they care more than we should?Time for ME countries to deal with AQ and ISIS.

No, even in backwards terms Saudi Arabia is particularly backwards.
There is nothing backwards about Saudi Arabia.

The King takes care of its people and protects the culture and religion.

And that is what really matters. ....... :cool:

SA is a US puppet state with a HORRID human rights record.
Saudi Arabia's human rights record is fine.

Just because western busybodies don't like how they do things means nothing. .... :cool:
I am just parroting the usual drivel I hear...they aren't a beacon of light by any means but I bet they have less crime than here. I am not a SA fan.Letting US use bases to harm other countries in ME is not right to me.

No, even in backwards terms Saudi Arabia is particularly backwards.
There is nothing backwards about Saudi Arabia.

The King takes care of its people and protects the culture and religion.

And that is what really matters. ....... :cool:

Yeah, That's why a number of people have died due to floods of shit in the capital, why deep poverty is rampant in the eastern parts of the country, and why it is falling behind on the global development index. Great job!

SA is a US puppet state with a HORRID human rights record.
Saudi Arabia's human rights record is fine.

Just because western busybodies don't like how they do things means nothing. .... :cool:
I am just parroting the usual drivel I hear...they aren't a beacon of light by any means but I bet they have less crime than here. I am not a SA fan.Letting US use bases to harm other countries in ME is not right to me.

No you were right the first time. It is one of the most repressive and backwards regimes in the world, that includes most of Sub-Saharan Africa.

Forum List

Back