Saudi Officials Think ISIS Fighters May Hit Them Next

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
I can see why the Saudis are worried with ISIS on the move. They don't want these savages invading their country.

Saudi Officials Think ISIS Fighters May Hit Them Next
AUG. 2, 2014

Saudi Arabia is calling on its allies, Egypt and Pakistan, to provide military assistance in keeping its border closed to militants that have already taken over vast swaths of Iraq and Syria, The London Times reports.

"The kingdom is calling in favors from Egypt and Pakistan," an adviser to the Saudi government told The Times. "No one is certain what ISIS has planned, but it’s clear a group like this will target Mecca if it can. We expect them to run out of steam, but no one is taking any chances."

The formerly al Qaeda-aligned group, Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIS), has taken over a number of key cities in Iraq in recent months, after previously carving out territory in Syria.

Read more:

Saudi Arabian Officials Are Worried About ISIS - Business Insider

I ran across this as well. Interesting development, but I don't see it. If the Caliphate forces were to attack Saudi Arabia, they'd give southern Iraq time to recover, they'd also have a hostile Jordan on their other flank.

I suspect were they to attack Saudi Arabia their main strategic target would be Mecca; seize that city, and you prove conclusively Allah is on your side and so you can look forward to mass defections from many Arabian tribes and pious Muslims throughout the region.

It's a huge gamble though.

I ran across this as well. Interesting development, but I don't see it. If the Caliphate forces were to attack Saudi Arabia, they'd give southern Iraq time to recover, they'd also have a hostile Jordan on their other flank.

I suspect were they to attack Saudi Arabia their main strategic target would be Mecca; seize that city, and you prove conclusively Allah is on your side and so you can look forward to mass defections from many Arabian tribes and pious Muslims throughout the region.

It's a huge gamble though.

The "caliphate" goal is nothing new------It was actually the goal of the TALIBAN in
Afghanistan------and the goal of Bin Laden before he got to Afghanistan. He went to
Afghanistan to help build THAT caliphate as a means toward his ultimate goal----Saudi
Arabia (not just mecca----he needed Saudi Arabia for the resources needed to -----
REESTABLISH THE EMPIRE------including righting the tragedy of Andalusia -----I do not
know by 'magic'------he said so) The caliphate goal is 1400 years old

Even with the high count of beheadings in SA, far more heads rolls are rolling under ISIS.
Muslims are exchanging on strangle hold for another without any hope for real change or improvement on their lives.
The muslim world has to learn to take responsibility for their lives and community through the vote not through religious dictate or dictators.

The development of SA's military is far better than ISIL's. I see no problem with SA kicking butt..

Even with the high count of beheadings in SA, far more heads rolls are rolling under ISIS.
Muslims are exchanging on strangle hold for another without any hope for real change or improvement on their lives.
The muslim world has to learn to take responsibility for their lives and community through the vote not through religious dictate or dictators.

don't be annoyed, aris. Several years ago-----I met two middleaged men----
It was a call for jury duty--------we were all told to wait in the large anteroom----I sat
on a bench and------one man came to my left and another to my right-----they started
up an animated conversation in Arabic. We all had to say where we were born
during the preliminary jury thing------one was from Lebanon and the other from Syria.

Suddenly they switched ----SIMULTANEOSLY----from Arabic to Hebrew----
and I kinda responded -----a little. ----THEN I GOT A LECTURE ----from both of them

"DEMOCRACY!!!??? Bush wants democracy for them???????" "THEY CAN't VOTE---
they will always choose the worst idiot" ok so maybe they were a little bitter---
but they were certainly ABSOLUTELY convinced that "democracy" will not work
in Iraq------or even in Syria or Lebanon------"the worst idiot"

I was not sure------but now-----I have reconsidered

Forum List

Back