Saudi survey: 'Flirtatious' women to blame for sexual harassment

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
For the life of me, I don't see how these women are able to flirt being entirely covered up. Do they whistle to the guys through their veils?

Saudi survey: 'Flirtatious' women to blame for sexual harassment

Saudi women, who aren't allowed to drive, travel alone or appear in public unless fully cloaked and veiled, are accused of "deliberate flirtatious behavior" in a study on the causes of sexual harassment.

By CAROL J. WILLIAMS

Saudi social survey finds 80% blame women for provoking sexual harassmentTurkish women chided for laughing in public take their guffaws to the Internet in protestWomen smiling in mixed company misunderstood by men with little exposure to the opposite sex, feminist saysIt seems in male-dominated Muslim powerhouses, women may not be entitled to mirth.

First, a top Turkish official last month reproached women for laughing in public, deeming such expressions immodest and a sign of the country's moral erosion.

Turkish women laugh during a yoga session in a public garden in Ankara on Saturday, in a rebuke of a senior official's admonition against women laughing in public. (Associated Press)Now a Saudi social research center reports that 80% of people questioned in a national survey blame the scourge of sexual harassment plaguing the country on the "deliberate flirtatious behavior" of women.

Continue reading at:

Saudi survey: 'Flirtatious' women to blame for sexual harassment - LA Times

Another article by a female reporter about something to do with women. Boy, women sure love writing and reading about women.

When's the last time anyone saw a male reporter focusing on how men don't get enough sex from their wives, moaning and groaning and playing the victim.

Male reporters go and write about the world, wars, trade, finance, sports, disasters, politics - too many female reporters write about "husband hunting shoes" and "sexual harassment" and "standards of beauty."

Why is this article in the LA Times and not in Cosmo?

These are the same sick subhuman bastards that fund ISIL. These are most likely, the cash dollars that funded 9-11. Bush's best friends!

Saudi Arabia, is the only country in this world beside Quatar that I would love to see nuked into a 9 year nuclear winter. It would be worth it to rid those scum from this planet.

Another article by a female reporter about something to do with women. Boy, women sure love writing and reading about women.

When's the last time anyone saw a male reporter focusing on how men don't get enough sex from their wives, moaning and groaning and playing the victim.

Male reporters go and write about the world, wars, trade, finance, sports, disasters, politics - too many female reporters write about "husband hunting shoes" and "sexual harassment" and "standards of beauty."

You seem to have trouble with reporters writing about women, especially reporters who happen to be in the area in which they are assigned by their newspaper. Why not write all the women reporters and tell them that you can't see anything written about women if that will make you happy.

Say, speaking of men and sex, why don't you go out in the field and report on those Afghani men who have their little dancing boys dress up in little girl's clothing and then only go have sex with their wives when they want to procreate. Perhaps a story like that would be right up your alley.

You seem to have trouble with reporters writing about women, especially reporters who happen to be in the area in which they are assigned by their newspaper. Why not write all the women reporters and tell them that you can't see anything written about women if that will make you happy.

Say, speaking of men and sex, why don't you go out in the field and report on those Afghani men who have their little dancing boys dress up in little girl's clothing and then only go have sex with their wives when they want to procreate. Perhaps a story like that would be right up your alley.

Am I wrong with my observation? Yes or no? Or maybe you haven't noticed? If you haven't noticed, why not pay attention to the stories you read over the next few weeks. See how many women reporters write about vapid material about women and then compare to male reporters who write about what kind of shoes men should be wearing this fall, or what kind of aftershave is the best of how male self-confidence is weakened when women do X or Y.

Flirtation in Saudi Arabia. Wow, that's a groundbreaking piece of reporting. WTF cares other than female reporters and female readers?

Am I wrong with my observation? Yes or no? Or maybe you haven't noticed? If you haven't noticed, why not pay attention to the stories you read over the next few weeks. See how many women reporters write about vapid material about women and then compare to male reporters who write about what kind of shoes men should be wearing this fall, or what kind of aftershave is the best of how male self-confidence is weakened when women do X or Y.

Flirtation in Saudi Arabia. Wow, that's a groundbreaking piece of reporting. WTF cares other than female reporters and female readers?

I must be reading different stuff than you do as I rarely see articles about women in my newspaper unless it is the IMAGE section on Sunday (you must be zealously looking for these types of articles). If all you want to whine about is some articles written about women in the Middle East, whose life is certainly not that easy in most cases, and nothing else about what is happening there, when so much is happening, all I can say to you is (I hope you don't mind me using Shakespeare) -- GEE THEE TO A NUNNERY.

I must be reading different stuff than you do as I rarely see articles about women in my newspaper unless it is the IMAGE section on Sunday (you must be zealously looking for these types of articles). If all you want to whine about is some articles written about women in the Middle East, whose life is certainly not that easy in most cases, and nothing else about what is happening there, when so much is happening, all I can say to you is (I hope you don't mind me using Shakespeare) -- GEE THEE TO A NUNNERY.

It took a while for me to notice the pattern but once you know it exists then you identify instances very easily. It's like before you buy a Honda Civic you never really notice other Civics on the road, but then after the purchase you see them everywhere, like an infestation of sorts. Now you know what to look for, for something that is hiding in plain sight.

There's lots of stuff going on in the ME but I really don't see the news value in how flirtation is perceived in Saudi Arabia. Yeah, I get that it's offensive to the sensibilities of Western women and a Western female reporter is outraged by this affront to Western female sensibilities and so she writes about this outrage and wants to share it with Western female readers and they can all cluck about this female-centric topic that no man (except a male feminist) cares about. And since we're on a Shakespeare kick, the story is "Much ado about nothing."

There's ethnic cleansing going on, there are rebellions and revolutions, there are civil wars, there is hardship, there are crooked courts, there is corruption, there is disruption of trade, there is the threat of Ebola erupting during the Hajj, there is a creeping Islamization taking place in Turkey, there is the ethnic strike between the Turks and the Kurds in Turkey, etc. and instead we get stories about flirtation in Saudi Arabia which run counter to the Western notion that a woman is never responsible for bringing sexual harassment onto herself.

Like I noted above, why is this in the LA Times instead of Cosmo or Seventeen?

It took a while for me to notice the pattern but once you know it exists then you identify instances very easily. It's like before you buy a Honda Civic you never really notice other Civics on the road, but then after the purchase you see them everywhere, like an infestation of sorts. Now you know what to look for, for something that is hiding in plain sight.

There's lots of stuff going on in the ME but I really don't see the news value in how flirtation is perceived in Saudi Arabia. Yeah, I get that it's offensive to the sensibilities of Western women and a Western female reporter is outraged by this affront to Western female sensibilities and so she writes about this outrage and wants to share it with Western female readers and they can all cluck about this female-centric topic that no man (except a male feminist) cares about. And since we're on a Shakespeare kick, the story is "Much ado about nothing."

There's ethnic cleansing going on, there are rebellions and revolutions, there are civil wars, there is hardship, there are crooked courts, there is corruption, there is disruption of trade, there is the threat of Ebola erupting during the Hajj, there is a creeping Islamization taking place in Turkey, there is the ethnic strike between the Turks and the Kurds in Turkey, etc. and instead we get stories about flirtation in Saudi Arabia which run counter to the Western notion that a woman is never responsible for bringing sexual harassment onto herself.

If you know so much about what is happening in the Middle East, why aren't you posting articles about it instead of only jumping in when the subject has to do with women in the Middle East such as you one previous post which was rather ridiculous. Surely you can find a forum to whine about what you like to whine about. Were you ever brought up on charges of sexual harrassment and that is why you are ranting now about this particular article? Did you feel that a woman led you on and it was all her fault?

My last word to silly you is -- METHINKS THE WOMAN (WHO IS PROBABLY A MAN HERE) DOTH PROTEST TOO MUCH.

If you know so much about what is happening in the Middle East, why aren't you posting articles about it instead of only jumping in when the subject has to do with women in the Middle East such as you one previous post which was rather ridiculous. Surely you can find a forum to whine about what you like to whine about. Were you ever brought up on charges of sexual harrassment and that is why you are ranting now about this particular article? Did you feel that a woman led you on and it was all her fault?

My last word to silly you is -- METHINKS THE WOMAN (WHO IS PROBABLY A MAN HERE) DOTH PROTEST TOO MUCH.

I can answer this.

The situation is so fucking disturbing, and depressing, that it boggles imagination. Moreover, If we thought about this crap every day then we'd have to check into the "funny farm"!

The most depressing fact is that you and I, and everyone you know are dead, and there is nothing you can say or do that is going to change that fact

Forum List

Back