🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Save the Post office from our government

They wouldn't have to trim anything if they didn't have to provide 75 years worth of retirement and medical. Did you even read the link?

The point is they need to trim things, there are post offices all over the country that have very little business and have other offices within a few miles of them. These post offices need to be closed, but the union is fighting it tooth and nail. I drive by a post office on a regular basis and rarely see a car there, why are we paying to keep it open? Also would you really miss Saturday delivery, I know I wouldn't, so why pay for it. You can choose to stand up for union excess, I don't, so we can agree to disagree.

apparently it was mandated that there be a PO for every zip code.....
Correct! There is a little town near here with a population of less than 2,000 that has it's own PO....Just a couple miles away is a larger town that also has it's own PO....Both towns could easily be serviced by one office. Each town has a postmaster. A position that no doubt pays quite a hefty sum. That is WASTE.

There is a ton of fat that can be trimmed before anything else is proposed.

Name me one private company in the world that would decide to downsize because of self imposed artificial requirements on future retirement funding that no other company requires of itself.
"Hey - we don't have to set aside this money for use 50 years from now, but we decided to do it anyway because what they hey? So we need to close half our stores!"

Last edited:
Yes, I would miss Saturday delivery. We have two post offices in this city of 84,000 people and they're are crowded every time I go, both of them and no parking spaces to be found. Usually have to park in the grocery store parking lot next door.

Don't know what post office you're driving by, but are you sure you're driving by when it's open?

It's in a little community called Dobin, TX which might have a sprawling population of 60 or so. As for you other question, I've been around long enough to know postal hours.

Do you think your small community should have no post office?

For a population of under 100, yes..
Oh, the Borough of Teterboro, NJ has a population of 22. Most of the land mass of the borough is the acreage occupied by the Teterboro Airport. The borough has a PO...HUH?

The point is they need to trim things, there are post offices all over the country that have very little business and have other offices within a few miles of them. These post offices need to be closed, but the union is fighting it tooth and nail. I drive by a post office on a regular basis and rarely see a car there, why are we paying to keep it open? Also would you really miss Saturday delivery, I know I wouldn't, so why pay for it. You can choose to stand up for union excess, I don't, so we can agree to disagree.

Correct! There is a little town near here with a population of less than 2,000 that has it's own PO....Just a couple miles away is a larger town that also has it's own PO....Both towns could easily be serviced by one office. Each town has a postmaster. A position that no doubt pays quite a hefty sum. That is WASTE.

You're talking about the Post Office as if its purpose is to generate profit.

In order to be self sustaining, it SHOULD turn a profit.

In order to be self sustaining, it SHOULD turn a profit.

Service first, as efficiently as possible, but always service before profit.

Anyone who puts profit in government before service needs to be booted out.

Our post office is not "broke," our government is destroying it

So where were are you when congress is destroying private companies instead of a government entity?

Tu quoque doesn't work here. False analogy.

It was neither Tu quoque nor an analogy. It was not a statement of contradiction. You consistently love government, that was my point. Not that you're inconsistent in not liking capitalism while you like government, you consistently like government and don't like capitalism.

So where were are you when congress is destroying private companies instead of a government entity?

Tu quoque doesn't work here. False analogy.

It was neither Tu quoque nor an analogy. It was not a statement of contradiction. You consistently love government, that was my point. Not that you're inconsistent in not liking capitalism, you consistently don't.

You lie, because you can never find me making any statement of the sort.

Your false analogy sucks, is the problem.

Government is about service, business is about profit.

Our post office is not "broke," our government is destroying it. Please sign the petition to help save the post office.

Congress: Stop Destroying Our Postal Service

See, in 2006 George W. Bush’s Republican Congress signed a bill to effectively kill the Postal Service, requiring it to pre-fund their workers’ health benefits *75 YEARS* into the future.

No country, corporation or government service has EVER been required to fund the full retiree health benefits for workers that aren’t even born yet – there is literally no financial reason to do so unless you wanted to kill the Postal Service for purely ideological reasons.

nope, if the postal service doesn't put money away for their retirements then they'll soak the taxpayers. No dice. The taxpayers are tired of this shit.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
That makes it unsubstantiated, it doesn't make it "false."

If it you cannot substantiate, then it is false.

Can you prove the bottom of the ocean is wet, or do you admit that the statement the bottom of the ocean is wet is false?

Common knowledge of the one does not mean common knowledge makes your silly statement accurate.

You can never win a semantics match with me. Ever.

Now where is your evidence for your statement.

Forum List

Back