Saving the world again. Illegal to release balloons in the air.

Because the state or county sends people out to clean those highways.

So I guess we do not need any littering laws

Sure we do, for real litter. This proposal in the OP is similar to making law against bottle caps. Bottle caps are not the problem when we talk about littering.

so balloons are not real litter...got it.

Do people send 39,000 bottle caps in to the sky at once to start a race?

No, balloons are not real litter. When I start finding balloons all over the place like I do cans, bottles and broken bottles, then it's real litter.

You are truly dopey.
So...if it's not within your direct experience, it's not real?
What a stupid and immature argument.

The only thing stupid is legislatures wasting taxpayer money and creating a new law for anything under the sun; even if it's not a real problem.

Sorry, but I have never experienced balloon threats where I live, and I would like to know where these places are at where balloons are flying everywhere and destroying nature or the environment. At least over here, I can't remember the last time I seen a balloon flying around.

PORTLAND, Maine — The tradition of releasing balloons at weddings, birthdays and memorials may soon get deflated by lawmakers in more than half a dozen states.

Critics say the helium-filled balloons pollute the environment, and threaten birds and other wildlife when they fall to earth.

“People don’t really realize that it’s littering. That’s why we want to bring attention to this,” said state Rep. Lydia Blume, who’s supporting a balloon bill in Maine. “It’s a common sense thing.”

Nationwide, there’s a growing awareness of the problem, and it has energized legislation in state governments. Bills to limit the intentional release of large numbers of balloons are being aired in legislatures in Arizona, Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York and Rhode Island, in addition to Maine, said Jennifer Schultz of the National Conference of State Legislatures.

Lawmakers in several states consider making balloon releases illegal

I guess they're not going to stop until they ruin everybody's fun. I can hear the talk in jail now:

What are you here for?
Attempted armed robbery. How about you?
Felonious assault. How about you at the end of the bench. What are you here for?
Releasing helium balloons in the air.

When all you legislatures have to do is contemplate goofy laws like this, it's time to elect other people.

You honestly can't see how that is littering?

If the concern is about littering, there are plenty of larger fish to fry.

What other concern would there be?

Look on any highway. You're not going to see many balloons littering the side of the road.
LoL...
Surely they exist elsewhere.
Are you suggesting the disappear? Perhaps to the land of wishes and dreams? :laugh2:

Right, they just happen to land where nobody sees them.

Is is really any different than any other anti-littering law?

if someone came up and dropped 50 popped balloons in your yard would you be happy about it?

That has to be the most ridiculous line of thought I've seen lately. The odds of even one balloon landing in anyone's yard is astronomical.

The odds of a Styrofoam cup thrown out of a car landing in a yard is astronomical yet I never heard you folks whining about other anti-littering laws before

LMAO, I've picked up a lot of cups and cans, never a balloon. So your math skills are deficient.

you must have some damn trashy neighbors I have never picked up any of those things from my yard. You might want to talk to you neighbors.

Actually I think it's due to careless trash men.

Did you ever follow one of those trash containers or garbage trucks down the highway? They spew garbage all over the place.

Sure we do, for real litter. This proposal in the OP is similar to making law against bottle caps. Bottle caps are not the problem when we talk about littering.

No, balloons are not real litter. When I start finding balloons all over the place like I do cans, bottles and broken bottles, then it's real litter.

You are truly dopey.

The only thing stupid is legislatures wasting taxpayer money and creating a new law for anything under the sun; even if it's not a real problem.

Sorry, but I have never experienced balloon threats where I live, and I would like to know where these places are at where balloons are flying everywhere and destroying nature or the environment. At least over here, I can't remember the last time I seen a balloon flying around.
It is a problem, dope. Just as any thrash stream is whether you see it in your front yard or the side of the street or not. Where do you imagine they go?

You honestly can't see how that is littering?

Look on any highway. You're not going to see many balloons littering the side of the road.
LoL...
Are you suggesting the disappear? Perhaps to the land of wishes and dreams? :laugh2:

So....out of sight means harmless?

LoL...

What it means is it's not happening as much as you think.

You are truly dopey.

It is a problem, dope. Just as any thrash stream is whether you see it in your front yard or the side of the street or not. Where do you imagine they go?

I don't know. But wherever they go, they pop and deflate to the size of less than a cigarette butt.

I love how foreign collusion with Mexican cheap labor (project brazos) morphed into sanctuary cities nobody got to vote on. Anyone get to vote on whether their city/state was a sanctuary for illegal aliens? NO? But the Russians did this and that....really? Foreign collusion? Sanctuary cities? Yeah how about THAT. Why we pander to MEXICAN illegals, above all other immigrants that actually immigrate legally? Isn't that unconstitutional? seems to me we can get enough lawyers to challenge the constitutionality of sanctuary cities/states. Why isn't that happening? I am myself about to do that...care to join me?
Haven't you figured it out yet. The Democratic party has ran out of sane legal members who will vote for them so they are looking for replacements by importing illegals. The end game is to give illegals the vote. Democrats are just that desperate. Hell they're even turning to the crooks in our jails, trying to lower the voting age so toddlers can vote, anything to survive except act in a responsible, thoughtful and adult manner.

Survive?

3 million more votes than Trump, dope.

2020 may just be your very last turn at bat, shitforbrains.

LoL...

It is, dope. 30k balloons even one time is too much.

You might just as well dump those balloons from an airplane.

No problem......right?

You are truly dopey.

I don't know. But wherever they go, they pop and deflate to the size of less than a cigarette butt.

I bet your head would do the same.

I love how foreign collusion with Mexican cheap labor (project brazos) morphed into sanctuary cities nobody got to vote on. Anyone get to vote on whether their city/state was a sanctuary for illegal aliens? NO? But the Russians did this and that....really? Foreign collusion? Sanctuary cities? Yeah how about THAT. Why we pander to MEXICAN illegals, above all other immigrants that actually immigrate legally? Isn't that unconstitutional? seems to me we can get enough lawyers to challenge the constitutionality of sanctuary cities/states. Why isn't that happening? I am myself about to do that...care to join me?
Haven't you figured it out yet. The Democratic party has ran out of sane legal members who will vote for them so they are looking for replacements by importing illegals. The end game is to give illegals the vote. Democrats are just that desperate. Hell they're even turning to the crooks in our jails, trying to lower the voting age so toddlers can vote, anything to survive except act in a responsible, thoughtful and adult manner.

Survive?

3 million more votes than Trump, dope.

2020 may just be your very last turn at bat, shitforbrains.

LOL....

^ Turnip logic.

You are truly dopey.

do not forget about the string tied to them that can be a couple of feet long.

That is what does much of the damage....

Rusty-blackbird-killed-by-latex-balloons1.jpg

You are truly dopey.

You got me there. No activist could have constructed that picture; found a dead bird and tied string around it. Golly do I feel like a fool.

LoL...

It is, dope. 30k balloons even one time is too much.

You might just as well dump those balloons from an airplane.

No problem......right?

So how many times do people float 30 thousand balloons? The balloons would be expensive enough, but then consider the helium to make them float.

Lib logic 101: force diversity on everyone, live in a wealthy all white gated community. Because, bitches! Hate on haters, be the biggest haters. Because, Nazis! Dictate dogma in one guise but then say they are free thinkers? They adore exploiting Mexicans as cheap labor, they hate Americans displaced by Mexicans and loose their jobs because poor Americans are losers and weaklings...Actually, these assholes will have to explain why Mexican loser weaklings are better people because Mexicans are just cheap thow away labor being exploited by wealthy American industrialist. Mexican illegals are is so much better than poor or middleclass Americans. Can you liberals that love the poor explain to me why exploiting one class against the other is "good" and to who's' benefit is that, again?

Last edited:
Is is really any different than any other anti-littering law?

if someone came up and dropped 50 popped balloons in your yard would you be happy about it?

Ray would probably blame the darkies, that's his go-to for everything.

You are truly dopey.

You got me there. No activist could have constructed that picture; found a dead bird and tied string around it. Golly do I feel like a fool.

Would it not be easier to just openly admit you do not give a fuck about the bird or nature or any other wildlife instead of making these insane conspiracy theory comments?

You are truly dopey.

i've never experienced murder where i live. rape either. counterfeiting? nope. i can't remember the last time i saw any of that at my house, so let's just do away with those laws also.

to be honest, not seen much litter around my house either. neighbors dog shit at times in my yard. who knows what my own dog will carry to the backyard at times but hey - we can ditch litter laws cause i've never seen litter at my house.

it does seem minor. yes. it seems like we've done it for a long time as harmless fun sure. but if these actions we are taking cause it's fun and pretty are in fact hurting others in some fashion, why dismiss it? i thought it was pretty stupid also til i googled pics of wildlife killed cause we wanted to set a balloon release record. a rescue mission in cleveland couldn't get through the water to see people who may need help because of all the balloons on the water from that release. 2 people did die. balloon direct relation, who knows. but still that's got to be a shitload of popped balloons now on the water. who cleans that up?

or is murder only murder if you find a dead body directly, yourself?

Forum List

Back