Saving the world again. Illegal to release balloons in the air.

Do you think that mindless killing His creations for 35 seconds of "fun" follows the edict He gave as far as taking care of His creation?

Don't worry about it. He'll make more. It's not like we're destroying a mountain or anything like that.

So, you claim to believe in God, but you do not believe in following His commands. Have you read His book? Have you read what He does to those that disobey Him?

When did God say he didn't want me to fly balloons in the air? I guess my many years in a private Catholic school didn't teach me that as a child. In fact, I remember one event where the school released a bunch of balloons into the air claiming it was giving God thanks.

jesus-facepalm-meme_o_594770.jpg
i went to a private catholic school also.

balloon fears never came up.

But you have a great fear of CLOWNS.

Birds Lives Matter!!!

not playing this binary game of bullshit with you, gator. if you want to "Religion Up" lets go. even though i no longer consider myself religious, i went to a private catholic school for all elementary, alterboy through high school and taught CCD classes at summer camps, also giving sermons at a young age.

stop playing GOD card like liberals play the race card.

Was the question a bit too complicated for you? I have been in a Catholic Church twice in my life, both times for a funeral. Thus I asked the question.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
when it's a loaded question, it's not about complications in as much as stupidity.

how can you now play "ignorant" if you're shoving the bible in the face of a Catholic asking what God would do. you can't have both. if you're not familiar with the Catholic faith stop being a dick about it and using generic GOD cards to go for some mythical win you always seem to need.

you got some jacked up sense of validation need at times.

Damn dude, chill. Have a cup of coffee, take a deep breath....

and there you go again. i'm far from worked up man. just saying how i feel about something and you need to go paint it as extreme cause you're the one asking what God and the Bible says about releasing balloons.

One more time for the overly emotional...I did not bring god into the discussion...maybe you should target your whine to the person that did.

one more time for your own benefit - show me where i said you did? but if the topic at hand is God and his relevance on balloon tragedies of the 21st century, then maybe you need to get some God/Catholic understanding under your belt before going off on what God may or may not want, if anything at all.

you're playing it as an end to the discussion. far as i know ain't no one on earth able to really know what God wants so asking questions like that are pointless in nature.

all over whether or not there should be laws to stop people from releasing a ton of balloons.

Don't worry about it. He'll make more. It's not like we're destroying a mountain or anything like that.

So, you claim to believe in God, but you do not believe in following His commands. Have you read His book? Have you read what He does to those that disobey Him?

When did God say he didn't want me to fly balloons in the air? I guess my many years in a private Catholic school didn't teach me that as a child. In fact, I remember one event where the school released a bunch of balloons into the air claiming it was giving God thanks.

jesus-facepalm-meme_o_594770.jpg
i went to a private catholic school also.

balloon fears never came up.

But you have a great fear of CLOWNS.

Birds Lives Matter!!!
not really - been busy talking to one all morning.

Did being a good steward of God's creation ever come up?

Or do Catholics not buy into that part of the bible?
not playing this binary game of bullshit with you, gator. if you want to "Religion Up" lets go. even though i no longer consider myself religious, i went to a private catholic school for all elementary, alterboy through high school and taught CCD classes at summer camps, also giving sermons at a young age.

Was the question a bit too complicated for you? I have been in a Catholic Church twice in my life, both times for a funeral. Thus I asked the question.

when it's a loaded question, it's not about complications in as much as stupidity.

how can you now play "ignorant" if you're shoving the bible in the face of a Catholic asking what God would do. you can't have both. if you're not familiar with the Catholic faith stop being a dick about it and using generic GOD cards to go for some mythical win you always seem to need.

and there you go again. i'm far from worked up man. just saying how i feel about something and you need to go paint it as extreme cause you're the one asking what God and the Bible says about releasing balloons.

Also it is not what God says about releasing balloons , it is about the attitude of “well God will just make more so it is ok if they die a terrible death”

Also it is not what God says about releasing balloons , it is about the attitude of “well God will just make more so it is ok if they die a terrible death”

i answered that one already for you. for someone who didn't bring God into this, you sure are using Him as a weapon at this point.

i answered that one already for you. for someone who didn't bring God into this, you sure are using Him as a weapon at this point.

I do not care about your answer, you are not the one that made the comment.

One more time for the overly emotional...I did not bring god into the discussion...maybe you should target your whine to the person that did.

one more time for your own benefit - show me where i said you did? but if the topic at hand is God and his relevance on balloon tragedies of the 21st century, then maybe you need to get some God/Catholic understanding under your belt before going off on what God may or may not want, if anything at all.

you're playing it as an end to the discussion. far as i know ain't no one on earth able to really know what God wants so asking questions like that are pointless in nature.

all over whether or not there should be laws to stop people from releasing a ton of balloons.
Thought I'd check in on this thread--can't believe we have sixteen pages of argument on this. It IS littering and it IS dangerous to wildlife. What's to object to?
Anyway, I see God is now involved, so all is well.
LOL

Thought I'd check in on this thread--can't believe we have sixteen pages of argument on this. It IS littering and it IS dangerous to wildlife. What's to object to?
LOL

It is government over reach, and a waste of time, and resorurces for a very small problem. Yes, I've seen the pictures. There lots of bigger problems government should be worried about. This is silly.

If they have that much time on their hands, their numbers need to be GREATLY reduced.

LOL
yea, God card got played and that always adds a few pages. :)

it *is* littering. i would then think any current littering laws would cover it but officials seem to look the other way cause it's in good fun. just enforce laws we have and/or educate people find a better way to have this type of celebration. but no i don't think we need ANOTHER law when simply enforcing them will work if needed.

LOL

It is government over reach, and a waste of time, and resorurces for a very small problem. Yes, I've seen the pictures. There lots of bigger problems government should be worried about. This is silly.

If they have that much time on their hands, their numbers need to be GREATLY reduced.

How much time and resources are taken up by saying “you cannot release 39,000 balloons at once”?

LOL

It's not government overreach to stop littering. What are you talking about? Don't even tell me. I don't want to hear any Constitutional horseshit--it's too early in the morning.

LOL

it *is* littering. i would then think any current littering laws would cover it but officials seem to look the other way cause it's in good fun. just enforce laws we have and/or educate people find a better way to have this type of celebration. but no i don't think we need ANOTHER law when simply enforcing them will work if needed.

All states have littering laws and all that I have been in also have illegal dumping laws, even though dumping is really just littering.

LOL

It's not government overreach to stop littering. What are you talking about? Don't even tell me. I don't want to hear any Constitutional horseshit--it's too early in the morning.

It has nothing to do with the Constitution, although I know you hate it. It is COST/BENEFIT. Why are these people spending their valuable time passing nonsense laws about balloons? So what a few birds die. I don't give a crap. Birds, animals and PEOPLE are dying every day.

LOL

All states have littering laws and all that I have been in also have illegal dumping laws, even though dumping is really just littering.

AND - like i said - just enforce existing laws and stop granting permits (if they do) in order to do this. nothing new needs to be done here and no new laws need to be created. we keep creating sub-laws vs. just enforcing the laws we have that would do the same.

Government (politicians) = We must do SOMETHING, ANYTHING to justify our existence. Ahhhhhhhh!!!! The balloons!!!!!

LOL

It has nothing to do with the Constitution, although I know you hate it. It is COST/BENEFIT. Why are these people spending their valuable time passing nonsense laws about balloons? So what a few birds die. I don't give a crap. Birds, animals and PEOPLE are dying every day.
first - where does she say she hates the constitution? these flings into drama sure don't help rational conversations.

if litter, laws already cover it. enforce them.

and your not giving a crap isn't a blanket policy.

Why do people need to release balloons?

Let them go and someone else will pick them up for you

LOL

first - where does she say she hates the constitution? these flings into drama sure don't help rational conversations.

Iceberg, if releasing massive numbers of balloons was already covered in littering laws, people would not be doing it. That is why adding it to existing laws would make sense. I can see why. I have never been to an event that released massive numbers of balloons, but apparently in more civilized areas, it's common. And since all the balloons eventually break and fall to earth as latex litter, I don't see why it should be any skin off anyone's nose to outlaw it. Do a bunch of these folks own balloon stores or what?

LOL

Iceberg, if releasing massive numbers of balloons was already covered in littering laws, people would not be doing it. That is why adding it to existing laws would make sense. I can see why. I have never been to an event that released massive numbers of balloons, but apparently in more civilized areas, it's common. And since all the balloons eventually break and fall to earth as latex litter, I don't see why it should be any skin off anyone's nose to outlaw it. Do a bunch of these folks own balloon stores or what?
in research - it varies. some towns DO prohibit it already, no laws needed. permission is simply not given to do it. like needing a permit for a rally or something, maybe you need a permit to release thousands of balloons into the sky.

i would think littering is littering whether you're doing it to chunk something out of your car or releasing the balloons. id need to ask someone who actually makes the laws why just calling it littering and giving a warning until people understand to stop.

There are already existing laws against littering, yet these politicians waste their time and OUR TAX DOLLARS passing new unenforceable laws.

Forum List

Back