🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Say "Merry Christmas", Not "Happy Holidays"

I say Merry Christmas to my Christian friends and colleagues, and Happy Holidays to my non-Christian friends and colleagues.

No need being an asshole to make a political point during the most festive time of the year.
What "political point" ? The only point is that Christmas is not just a religious holiday. It is a major secular holiday as well. You should say Merry Christmas to ALL your friends and colleagues.

When I was in school in New York, 90% of the kids in my class were Jewish. They had Hanaukah candles in their windows just a few feet from their Christmas trees. They used to laugh about how their younger siblings thought the presents came from Santa Claus. :biggrin:

No charge for the tutoring.

Some people, stores, companies, etc have replaced the words "Merry Christmas", with Happy holidays.

There is no reason for that, and everyone ought say "Merry Christmas", over the next 4 days.

Merry Christmas !!! :biggrin:
Merry Syphilis, Clappy New Year!
You've shown how dumb you are. OK. Message received. :laugh:
You must say that while looking in a mirror multiple times a day. :dunno:
No. Just certain people. You get to be one of them.
That one kinda went over your head, didn't it.........
Obviously not, and you know it, dummy.

Merry Syphilis, Clappy New Year!
You've shown how dumb you are. OK. Message received. :laugh:
You must say that while looking in a mirror multiple times a day. :dunno:
No. Just certain people. You get to be one of them.
That one kinda went over your head, didn't it.........
Obviously not, and you know it, dummy.
If you say so Scrooge.

Some people, stores, companies, etc have replaced the words "Merry Christmas", with Happy holidays.

There is no reason for that, and everyone ought say "Merry Christmas", over the next 4 days.

I've been saying it all day every day and it is being said back to me. Nice! :113:

me thinks you are being a sensitive little snowflake!

Happy Holiday!

has been around forever! A near century, in the least!

Happy Holiday (singular) is not the same as Happy Holidays (plural).

The singular phrase refers to the holiday of Christmas.

yes, happy Holy Days would include other religion's holy days during that time, like Hanukkah.

Whatever. But there's no reason to replace Merry Christmas with Happy Holidays.

Christmas is everyone's holiday. :biggrin:

Nope...and Happy Holidays to you, snowflake. View attachment 296309

Yup...and Merry Christmas to you, sap.

Christmas-Nativity-Painting.jpg

Most places I have worked at have strong policies against saying anything that can offend someone. I was verbally yelled at once by a teacher when I worked as a teachers aid for saying Merry Christmas and not Happy Holidays, she said I offended a jewish student of hers. The priciple also had a talk with me afterwards. Unfortunately at the end of the year that teacher would not write me a recommendation letter and said I was unfit to be a teacher.

One of my best friends is Muslim and another friend of mine is jewish. I say happy holidays around them to be respectful.

So my point is these days your much better off saying happy holidays to show coworkers and friends that your open minded and respectful of other religions

Most places I have worked at have strong policies against saying anything that can offend someone. I was verbally yelled at once by a teacher when I worked as a teachers aid for saying Merry Christmas and not Happy Holidays, she said I offended a jewish student of hers. The priciple also had a talk with me afterwards. Unfortunately at the end of the year that teacher would not write me a recommendation letter and said I was unfit to be a teacher.

One of my best friends is Muslim and another friend of mine is jewish. I say happy holidays around them to be respectful.

So my point is these days your much better off saying happy holidays to show coworkers and friends that your open minded and respectful of other religions
Absolutely not. That teacher and principle are ignorant idiots, who should not be deferred to.

See the post I posted earlier about my classmates 90% Jewish.

Christmas is everybody's holiday, and Islam is not a religion.

I said Merry Christmas 4 times today and feliz navidad twice.

I said Happy Channukah more than once a few days ago as well.

Nobody got mad.

I said Merry Christmas 4 times today and feliz navidad twice.

I said Happy Channukah more than once a few days ago as well.

Nobody got mad.
No reason for anyone to get mad. Christmas is everybody's holiday. Merry Christmas to one and ALL. :biggrin:

I've noted everyone around here and on business calls is saying "Merry Christmas" this year.
MCGA!

Everyone who wishes me happy holidays gets a Merry Christmas in return. With a very nice smile. Often they then respond with Merry Christmas too.

What "political point" ? The only point is that Christmas is not just a religious holiday. It is a major secular holiday as well. You should say Merry Christmas to ALL your friends and colleagues.

When I was in school in New York, 90% of the kids in my class were Jewish. They had Hanaukah candles in their windows just a few feet from their Christmas trees. They used to laugh about how their younger siblings thought the presents came from Santa Claus. :biggrin:

That was then. This is now.

So age is what makes it real

Kwanza is a celebration of culture and values. Those things are real
Christmas has been built around a story supported by faith.

Many blacks celebrate both Christmas and Kwanzaa. It does not have to be either/or
yes--that's the whole point!!
..at least for christmas they weren't hateful and jealous that they made it up
Who says Christmas was not made up?

You reallly think Santa has eight flying reindeer and comes down your chimney?
that's not the key--tradition is the key ...
Santa is the face of Christmas
For everyone. Christians and non-Christians both. That's why everyone should say "Merry Christmas" :biggrin:
..there are more non-christians in the world than christians--so much more '''less'' believe in Christ

Merry Christmas !!! [emoji3]
You can say whatever you want

Happy Kwanzaa
but Kwanzaa is fake.....
If Kwanzaa is fake then Christmas is real? Prove it. Santa hasn't been real since his reign several centuries ago in Christmasland!

Happy Kwanzaa
but Kwanzaa is fake.....
If Kwanzaa is fake then Christmas is real? Prove it. Santa hasn't been real since his reign several centuries ago in Christmasland!
....where do I say Christmas is real?

Happy Kwanzaa
but Kwanzaa is fake.....
..you must not be able to understand the posts

:biggrin:

That was then. This is now.
Those "then" kids are now 73 years old. Almost all of them are still alive, with plenty more years still left to live.

They still have Christmas trees, and still celebrate Christmas as a secular holiday. Only difference is now it's their grandkids who they laugh about, for believing in Santa Claus.

No change.:biggrin:

Forum List

Back