SC con-federate flag gone

All done under a heavily Republican controlled S.C. Senate and House, and now the Republican governor will soon sign the bill.

Gee, another defeat for Republicans....Do you guys walk around bent over?
I have never seen the flag issue as a partisan issue. Wasn't a repub legislature and repub governor deciding to take the flag down?
Maybe you did not read the post you replied to. Maybe if you read it again you realize that your answer to that post seems moronic.

"Deciding to"? Yeah, thanks for the chuckle. They were forced to do it.

.It is particularly satisfying to see bigots and lowlifes forced to capitulate over and over and over again.
Yes, they were. Coercion is your way of winning ideological disagreements as totalitarians did in Russia, Germany, China, Cambodia, Cuba. Now we are just a few steps away from being forced into indoctrination camps "rehabilitating" citizens who have different views from the ideology of political correctness. Your progressive agenda is advancing rapidly. When your book burning will take place?
View attachment 44172

You're being coerced by public opinion. Your comparison is silly.
I wonder what the results of a referendum would look like in mirroring public opinion. They did not risk it for some reason. Everything had to be done quickly before reason started to raise questions about the motive behind the idea.

Candycorn, yes, a victory for the sane GOP.

We have put the far right sexists, hetero nazis, racists, nativists, etc., on notice, that our party will no longer be coerced by these faux "Republicans".

I have no doubt that a massive Republican back lash to Trump will rise up and sweep out these haters before the primaries next year.

It would have been if you did it on your own...a few years back or a few years from now. At this point, it is simply giving in to public sentiment.
Your words as a lib have no meaning at all. We will take care of these fools, and then we will let the people decide. That is the American way.

The sanitized version of Confederate history has caught up with reality. Either defcon believes in republican government or democratic government; he can't have it both ways. The lege did the right thing, for certain. The polling next week will be "oh well, if it is that divisive, yeah, take it down."

"The poll shows that 57% of Americans see the flag more as a symbol of Southern pride than as a symbol of racism, about the same as in 2000 when 59% said they viewed it as a symbol of pride. Opinions of the flag are sharply divided by race, and among whites, views are split by education.

Among African-Americans, 72% see the Confederate flag as a symbol of racism, just 25% of whites agree. In the South, the racial divide is even broader. While 75% of Southern whites describe the flag as a symbol of pride and 18% call it a symbol of racism, those figures are almost exactly reversed among Southern African-Americans, with just 11% seeing it as a sign of pride and 75% viewing it as a symbol of racism.

Among whites, there's a sharp divide by education, and those with more formal education are less apt to see the flag as a symbol of pride. Among whites with a college degree, 51% say it's a symbol of pride, 41% one of racism. Among those whites who do not have a college degree, 73% say it's a sign of Southern pride, 18% racism." Poll Majority sees Confederate flag as Southern pride - CNNPolitics.com

Candycorn, yes, a victory for the sane GOP.

We have put the far right sexists, hetero nazis, racists, nativists, etc., on notice, that our party will no longer be coerced by these faux "Republicans".

I have no doubt that a massive Republican back lash to Trump will rise up and sweep out these haters before the primaries next year.

It would have been if you did it on your own...a few years back or a few years from now. At this point, it is simply giving in to public sentiment.
Your words as a lib have no meaning at all. We will take care of these fools, and then we will let the people decide. That is the American way.

I'm sure you all will if the last 2 elections are any indication. I'm just giving you a heads up...it's hard to claim victory when you are doing something you had no intention of doing 4 weeks ago.

The sanitized version of Confederate history has caught up with reality. Either defcon believes in republican government or democratic government; he can't have it both ways. The lege did the right thing, for certain. The polling next week will be "oh well, if it is that divisive, yeah, take it down."

"The poll shows that 57% of Americans see the flag more as a symbol of Southern pride than as a symbol of racism, about the same as in 2000 when 59% said they viewed it as a symbol of pride. Opinions of the flag are sharply divided by race, and among whites, views are split by education.

Among African-Americans, 72% see the Confederate flag as a symbol of racism, just 25% of whites agree. In the South, the racial divide is even broader. While 75% of Southern whites describe the flag as a symbol of pride and 18% call it a symbol of racism, those figures are almost exactly reversed among Southern African-Americans, with just 11% seeing it as a sign of pride and 75% viewing it as a symbol of racism.

Among whites, there's a sharp divide by education, and those with more formal education are less apt to see the flag as a symbol of pride. Among whites with a college degree, 51% say it's a symbol of pride, 41% one of racism. Among those whites who do not have a college degree, 73% say it's a sign of Southern pride, 18% racism." Poll Majority sees Confederate flag as Southern pride - CNNPolitics.com
black-confederates.jpg

Either defcon believes in republican government or democratic government; he can't have it both ways.
The form of government is Constitutional Republic here in the US Jakey. Democracy is mob rule. In theory it shouldn't matter which party is governing as long as they hold the Constitution as the superior law of the land. However this is not a perfect world and politicians along with judges and justices are bastardizing the Founding Principles of the Constitution.

So much for democracy.

You mean you are no longer allowed to bastardize government, defcon. That's over.

Correll, the lege elected to represent its electorate did its job, and you are whining?

Candycorn, your concerns are noted and dismissed. If we get these goobers corralled and the great center of American understands that, the GOP victory will make those of 2010 and 2014 look minor.

That is your worry. You should be. It's coming.

Last edited:
You mean you are no longer allowed to bastardize government, defcon. That's over. Correll, the lege elected to represent its electorate did its job, and you are whining?

Candycorn, your concerns are noted and dismissed. If we get these goobers corralled and the great center of American understands that, the GOP victory will make those of 2010 and 2014 look minor.

Jakey, how do I bastardize government? I am not a member nor I am an employee of any of the governing branches. on the other hand, you are posing as a Repub but "working" as a full time poster from the basement of the DNC. Somehow it does't add up.

You mean you are no longer allowed to bastardize government, defcon. That's over. Correll, the lege elected to represent its electorate did its job, and you are whining?

Why do you feel the need to minimize my complains with the term "whining"?

These representatives, were they elected on a platform of removing the flag?

Assuming they were not, and based on the poll you posted, it does not sound like they are representing their constituents wishes or interests.

THey seem to be caving to a mob.

This is worthy of criticism.

You mean you are no longer allowed to bastardize government, defcon. That's over.

Correll, the lege elected to represent its electorate did its job, and you are whining?

b.jpg

Haley will sign the bill to remove the flag today at 4pm EST. The flag must then be removed within 24 hours.
:woohoo:

A hooray for South Carolina for doing the right thing, and for all the other southern states that have already taken their con-federate flags down. Its time to leave that long ago war and its bitterness in the past and stop aggrandizing hatred and slavery. Keep them in museums so children can learn of that dark part of southern history, and then walk outside and get an ice-cream in a united state and country. Its not the last step, but its another step down the right path.

I never thought I would see the day.

This is just a beginning. I hope other states will follow the suit. I hope that they truly have a change of heart. I don't like to brag about victory in such cases because it hurts some people. So I say, let's move on slowly one step at a time and eliminate all racism from our hearts.
so true

How is that going to accomplish anything? Will it make you feel better when you look at a freaking flag pole while illegal aliens are murdering Americans after getting refuge in San Francisco after being deported five times? San Francisco is obviously promoting hatred fro U.S. citizens and defying federal law. Why not petition to remove the city flag?

Assuming they were not, and based on the poll you posted, it does not sound like they are representing their constituents wishes or interests.

They are elected to represent the best interests of the citizens.

They have done so.

You have every right to disagree, but to suggest they are "caving to a mob" is simply inaccurate if not just silly.

All done under a heavily Republican controlled S.C. Senate and House, and now the Republican governor will soon sign the bill.
imo that was one of the good thing's about it " all done under a heavily Rep." love it

They are elected to represent the best interests of the citizens.

They have done so.

You have every right to disagree, but to suggest they are "caving to a mob" is simply inaccurate if not just silly.

HOw have they served the best interests of their constituents by removing a flag?

no flag except the american flag or the state flag should fly over a state capital. Other than that, americans should be able to fly any flag they want to fly.

Offending people is not against the constitution. In fact the first amendment was added to permit all kinds of offensive speech.

Forum List

Back