Scalise: "I'm a David Duke Republican"

But wait, there's more!

This is from a 1999 interview of Scalise:

Another potential candidate, state Rep. Steve Scalise (R), said he embraces many of the same “conservative” views as Duke, but is far more viable.

“The novelty of David Duke has worn off,” said Scalise. “The voters in this district are smart enough to realize that they need to get behind someone who not only believes in the issues they care about, but also can get elected. Duke has proven that he can’t get elected, and that’s the first and most important thing.”

That is not a recollection. That is what was said by Scalise in 1999.

Oopsie!

i.e. he's Duke without all the Racism stuff, which means, he's a conservative type, like countless of other people can be called.

But wait, there's more!

Another potential candidate, state Rep. Steve Scalise (R), said he embraces many of the same “conservative” views as Duke, but is far more viable.

“The novelty of David Duke has worn off,” said Scalise. “The voters in this district are smart enough to realize that they need to get behind someone who not only believes in the issues they care about, but also can get elected. Duke has proven that he can’t get elected, and that’s the first and most important thing.”

Oopsie!

i.e. he's Duke without all the Racism stuff, which means, he's a conservative type, like countless of other people can be called.
I am a conservative, and I have never, ever, ever said "I'm like Duke without the baggage". Ever.

When you combine Scalise's statements to the press with his appearances at white supremacist conferences, his denials become less and less credible.

But wait, there's more!

Oopsie!
Ok, I read the link. Where does Scalise say he is a David Duke Republican or he is David Duke without the baggage? He doesn't. Saying he embraces some of the same "conservative" views as Duke does NOT mean he embraces any of his racial views or attitudes. Your challenge is to provide some documentation of Scalise making ANY kind of racially insensitive or racist statements. You clearly cannot meet that challenge. All you have is smears.

But wait, there's more!

Oopsie!

I am a conservative, and I have never, ever, ever said "I'm like Duke without the baggage". Ever.

When you combine Scalise's statements to the press with his appearances at white supremacist conferences, his denials become less and less credible.

I'm no fan of Scalise or what he said, but coming from a bunch of people who were indifferent to Jeremiah Wright and Bill Ayers in addition to excusing Obama's race violence stoking quotes, it's hard to take you people seriously.

BTW, if you're a conservative now, are you going to stop spending all day defending Democrats and Democratic policies?

Ok, I read the link. Where does Scalise say he is a David Duke Republican or he is David Duke without the baggage? He doesn't. Saying he embraces some of the same "conservative" views as Duke does NOT mean he embraces any of his racial views or attitudes. Your challenge is to provide some documentation of Scalise making ANY kind of racially insensitive or racist statements. You clearly cannot meet that challenge. All you have is smears.
As I said, the embracing of many of Duke's views, in combination with the appearance at a white supremacist conference, make his denials less and less credible.

But wait, there's more!

Oopsie!

How did "appearance" turn into "appearances"? Also there is evidence he attended another event in the building, and some of the people in the other conference stopped by for his talk.

Finally, from Wikipedia:

Stephanie Grace recounted that during her first meeting with Scalise two decades ago, he had told her that he was "like David Duke without the baggage", baggage which Grace described as "Duke’s past, his racist and anti-Semitic views and his former role as a KKK grand wizard."[35]

But wait, there's more!

Oopsie!
So he believes in low taxes and less government, like Duke.
He doesnt believe in racism.
Sounds OK to me.
Wow, pages and pages and still no proof.
Meanwhile the news pages are filled with Boehner's election as speaker and this story has, as I predicted, died.

Scalise did not say he was Duke "without the racism stuff".

He said he embraced many of Duke's views, without being specific, which is what some people call "dog whistling". Saying something without saying it for those who know what he means. A wink and a nudge.

His subsequent appearance at a Duke sponsored white supremacist conference begins to really stretch his credibility as far as denials about being a fellow traveler of racists.

You will find in the original topics about Scalise at the conference that I was very demanding in asking for evidence that he knew the nature of the conference.

This new information greatly erodes his self-proclaimed ignorance.

He said he embraced many of Duke's views, without being specific, which is what some people call "dog whistling". Saying something without saying it for those who know what he means. A wink and a nudge.

His subsequent appearance at a Duke sponsored white supremacist conference begins to really stretch his credibility as far as denials about being a fellow traveler of racists.

You will find in the original topics about Scalise at the conference that I was very demanding in asking for evidence that he knew the nature of the conference.

So Scalise didnt say he was a racist but you assume the fact he didnt say it pretty much means he is a racist.

You've never said you aren't a panty-sniffer. I would take that to mean yoiu must be a panty sniffer.

The fact that no one can find any evidence whatsoever of Scalise actually saying anyhting remotely racist, despite over a decade of public appearances and private conversations probably indicates he isnt a racist.

But wait, there's more!

Oopsie!

I am a conservative, and I have never, ever, ever said "I'm like Duke without the baggage".
Ya just like Jake the Fake Republican,get real!!

So Scalise didnt say he was a racist but you assume the fact he didnt say it pretty much means he is a racist.

You've never said you aren't a panty-sniffer. I would take that to mean yoiu must be a panty sniffer.

The fact that no one can find any evidence whatsoever of Scalise actually saying anyhting remotely racist, despite over a decade of public appearances and private conversations probably indicates he isnt a racist.
His "I'm a Duke Republican" and his attendance at a white supremacist conference are not exactly exculpatory, dude. Wake up.

As I said in the original Scalise topic, an army of muckrakers are going to descend on Scalise's life and dig and dig and dig. And if Scalise's attendance at the Nazi conference was an accidental one-off, then the truth would out. But if Scalise had a pattern of hanging with Nazis and Kluxxers, that would come out, too.

I'll say again what I said then. "Time will tell."

The Rachel Maddow Show on msnbc

I'd suggest anyone in doubt tune in to a rerun of Rachel's show or check it out on her website when tonight's show is added.
It contains stunning revelations about David Duke, Scalise and others on the Right.
Done.

Just DVR'd the 4AM show. Will watch in when I wake up in the morning, God's willing.

Thanks.
I'm watching last night's Maddow now. Apparently the quote is substantiated on "Storm Front" from the early 2000's.

There was also a "Roll Call" article substantiating it.

Moreover, Duke has now gone on CNN, promising to release names of other Republicans AND Democrats that has sought out and/or had his support in the past IF Congress continues to "crucify" Scalise.

Now if there was ever any doubt about Scalise before, that last move by Duke HIMSELF should ERADICATE all doubt as to whether he knew Duke or knowingly sought out the notorious racist's support.

As Rachel said on her show, this story is not over, not by a long-shot.

who gives a rats ass. Just another elected idiot, I don't care if they a D or an R next to their name. Gawd you libs are childish. why don't you go...naa naaa naaa naaa naaaaa
it would be nice if you ever gave a crap about ousting some of the Garbage members in the Democrat party

His "I'm a Duke Republican" and his attendance at a white supremacist conference are not exactly exculpatory, dude. Wake up.

but Obama and Bill Ayers!!!!!

They're burden of proof seems to rise and fall depending on the party the person belongs to

If this "I'm a Duke Republican" is the best the muckrakers can find on Scalise, when you know they would love to find much bigger pies of mud to throw at him, then that isn't too bad of an outcome for a Louisiana Republican when you think about it.

But in the superheated partisan atmosphere we live in today, it may not take much more to take down a target.

This is the kind of shit that passes for "vetting" of people appointed to powerful positions these days.

Holy shit - Rachel Maddow has uncovered interviews from the late 1990s and early 2000s, where Scalise declares that he's a "David Duke Republican" and that he's "David Duke, without the baggage".

So let's guess how long before he is forced to resign as Majority Whip, or even resigns from Congress.

I say 2 weeks for the first. Not sure what the Republican tolerance for racists is these days, so he may survive as a Member.

I will post the video tomorrow, but you will all be familiar with it by then.
4i6Ckte.gif
Reminds me of that lisping hag of Obabble's who claimed to be a Mao progressive...her name escapes me...

Dumbshit! He never said "Im a Duke Republican." Pages and pages of discussion and requests for sources as to where he said that and no one has the slightest proof.
It's just like your "Im not a panty sniffer" quote.

Whether he actually said it or not, the usual suspects have gotten what they want out of this.

All that is needed is an accusation, a rumor.

It's okay for them to make racial tensions worse if there's some political advantage in it for them.

Facts tend to have a conservative bias.

Holy shit - Rachel Maddow has uncovered interviews from the late 1990s and early 2000s, where Scalise declares that he's a "David Duke Republican" and that he's "David Duke, without the baggage".

So let's guess how long before he is forced to resign as Majority Whip, or even resigns from Congress.

I say 2 weeks for the first. Not sure what the Republican tolerance for racists is these days, so he may survive as a Member.

I will post the video tomorrow, but you will all be familiar with it by then.
4i6Ckte.gif
Reminds me of that lisping hag of Obabble's who claimed to be a Mao progressive...her name escapes me...
Yeah...that's the bitch...

Obama aide fires back at Beck over Mao remarks - CNN.com

Forum List

Back