Scalise Withdraws From House Speaker Race

Actually something good may come out of this mess.

There are some true moderates in the GOP Congress. If one of them can get just a few GOP votes, Dems will help that person get elected speaker.

MAGA types will howl and in truth it would go a long way towards killing the MAGA movement but that is long over due.

I hope that you dont object to someone from the developed world making a suggestion. We get upset when we watch you colonials make a hash of things.

What you need is an individual who can unite all wings of the GOP. Someone you can all get behind.

I have made a short list of all the qualities that the person would need based on previous votes taken.

Viz --
1. slavish devotion to trump.
2.The ability to efficiently enact everything that donald wants.
3. The ability to interfere with legal proceedings in support of Trump.
5. The willingness to enable a deadly insurrection.
6. An ability to ride roughshod over the constitution.
7. A talent for looking the other way when kids in your charge are raped by your colleagues.
8. A belief in white supremacy.
9. Support for neo nazi organisations.
10. A hatred of "darkies".
11. A disregard for Americans below the level of millionaires.

Thats your man. It all points one way.

Step forward Speaker MTG !

This may all work out for the best. Instead of having two sides dyametrically opposed to each other we should have two sides which work together and make the extremists in both parties walk the plank instead of the moderates having to walk the plank.
I doubt it. Every Republican is afraid of being primaried because the extremists power is very magnified there.

I doubt it. Every Republican is afraid of being primaried because the extremists power is very magnified there.
Those Republicans you talk about were voted by their constituents and most were voted because of who they are. If the voters are moderate you aren't going to primary them with an extremist candidate. Voters don't like Trump because he is MAGA, they like Trump because Trump isn't either a Democrat or a Republican. So, trying to primary someone with a MAGA candidate isn't going to work in most cases.

I hope that you dont object to someone from the developed world making a suggestion. We get upset when we watch you colonials make a hash of things. What you need is an individual who can unite all wings of the GOP. Someone you can all get behind.
I have made a short list of all the qualities that the person would need based on previous votes taken.
1. slavish devotion to trump.
2.The ability to efficiently enact everything that donald wants.
3. The ability to interfere with legal proceedings in support of Trump.
5. The willingness to enable a deadly insurrection.
6. An ability to ride roughshod over the constitution.
7. A talent for looking the other way when kids in your charge are raped by your colleagues.
8. A belief in white supremacy.
9. Support for neo nazi organisations.
10. A hatred of "darkies".
11. A disregard for Americans below the level of millionaires.
Thats your man. It all points one way.
Step forward Speaker MTG !
1 The only insurrection we had was in 1776
2. The new Speaker won't be a part of "The DC Swamp"
3. The Constitution won't be fucked with.
4. What "kids"? Adult fully grown men college wrestlers dumbass. That democrat lie won't wash. Pedo Biden is your perv.
5. There is no "white supremacy". Maybe you're thinking about the democrat's KKK?
6. Neo-Nazis? Isn't that a Ukrainian thing?
7. Trump gave more funding to black colleges than Obama
8. Tax cuts are a bad idea, agreed
9. Jim Jordan will be a great Speaker.

Last edited:
1 The only insurrection we had was in 1776
2. The new Speaker won't be a part of "The DC Swamp"
3. The Constitution won't be fucked with.
4. What "kids"? Adult fully grown men college wrestlers dumbass. That democrat lie won't wash. Pedo Biden is your perv.
5. There is no "white supremacy". Maybe you're thinkiny about the democrat's KKK?
6. Neo-Nazis? Isn't that a Ukrainian thing?
7. Trump gave more funding to black colleges than Obama
8. Tax cuts are a bad idea, agreed
9. Jim Jordan will be a great Speaker.
Jordsn couldnt stand up to a rapist in work. What will he stand up for ?
Hes a dirty little fucker.
And you enable him. You are all complicit.

Jeffries is worse than Scalise and Scalise is nothing more than an establishment globalist and a whining pussy. People like these two hate the middle class. Unite behind Jordan or destroy the party. MAGA.
Uniting behind Jordan is silly. He might be a great Speaker but he ain’t at all likely to ever get sufficient votes from the balance of the GOP House members.

Those Republicans you talk about were voted by their constituents and most were voted because of who they are. If the voters are moderate you aren't going to primary them with an extremist candidate. Voters don't like Trump because he is MAGA, they like Trump because Trump isn't either a Democrat or a Republican. So, trying to primary someone with a MAGA candidate isn't going to work in most cases.
The voters are moderate as a whole, but the primary voters are a small subset and are not moderate.

‘We Are A Broken Conference’: Republicans At Standstill After Speaker Nominee Drops Out​

WASHINGTON ― A series of meetings this week has failed to move House Republicans any closer to replacing Rep. Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) as speaker of the House.

“We are a broken conference,” Rep. Troy Nehls (R-Texas) told reporters after walking out of another meeting in the Capitol basement on Thursday.

Rep. Mike Kelly (R-Pa.) likened his colleagues to a football team that lines up but never snaps the ball because nobody listened to the quarterback’s play call in the huddle.

“This is the worst team I’ve ever been on,” Kelly said.

Yep, it's a chaos clusterfuck. A master FUBAR.

I gotta say I figured it would be bad, but this is even funnier 🤣 than I could have ever dreamed!
MAGA

What is so freaking hard for Republicans??.

You lock yourself into a room and wheel and deal until you have a Speaker.

The eight morons who insisted on kicking out McCarthy for not shutting down Government should admit they played their cards and agree to an alternative.

Nobody is not an answer

Jordsn couldnt stand up to a rapist in work. What will he stand up for ?
Hes a dirty little fucker.
And you enable him. You are all complicit.
What rapist? If Jim was complicit he would have been charged with something dumbass.
College wrestlers are grown men.
Jim was not accused of anything, nor was he the head coach.

Why don't you whine about Pedo Joe showering with his daughter Ashley? That is an actual crime.
1697208581162.png

1697208604160.png

1697208621683.png

What is so freaking hard for Republicans??.
You lock yourself into a room and wheel and deal until you have a Speaker.
The eight morons who insisted on kicking out McCarthy for not shutting down Government should admit they played their cards and agree to an alternative. Nobody is not an answer
Scalise won the vote 113-99 but 8 radicals say they won't vote for Scalise.
Scalise withdrew, so now 20 Old Guard Republicans say they won't vote for Jim Jordan

It's a battle for control of the Budget. Big cuts or no cuts. No clue how this will turn out.

My solution is to have the 8 holdouts list their demands, and then guarantee them and put up the nominees again, including McCarthy to see who gets the most votes.

Scalise won the vote 113-99 but 8 radicals say they won't vote for Scalise.
Scalise withdrew, so now 20 Old Guard Republicans say they won't vote for Jim Jordan

It's a battle for control of the Budget. Big cuts or no cuts. No clue how this will turn out.

My solution is to have the 8 holdouts list their demands, and then guarantee them and put up the nominees again, including McCarthy to see who gets the most votes.

My solution is you make the 8 pay a price for their power play.
Revoke committee assignments, pull all RNC campaign funding, primary their ass.

You can’t have eight Congress members out of over 200 bring the party to its knees.

Forum List

Back